So I picked science/law
and I didn't even leave my timetable til that late
but while I was being an indecisive twat
all the 'normal' time slots got filled for lab
and i am stuck with this 6-9 pm wtf
I dont want to get home at like 11pm, possibly have no transport back home
or get mugged at night

so is lab important? Is it compulsory?
I am majoring in anatomy and this is the lab for BABS1201 Molecules, Cells and Genes - BABS1201

D94

HSC
N/A
Labs are compulsory, well technically all classes are compulsory, but some don't have attendance. Labs will have attendance and the labs will be part of your course mark.

HSC
Omg yay I'm doing science/law too :) We may end up being friends HAHA

Yeah all the good times are gone haha, so you're pretty much locked in to the 6-9 labs. I'm pretty sure labs are marked, so it would make sense to attend them. If you can somehow convince the admin staff that you have extreme circumstances which make it impossible for you to attend 6-9, they may be able to change but probably unlikely

omg HAHA
what time slot do you have
I am so devastated about this
i also have to go in early and have this massive hour gap
until 6pm WTF MY LIFE LOL

HSC
haha aw :) my bio lab is Monday 2-5 pm!
when are your lectures though? I got Tuesday 3-4 and Thursday 9-10...
are you doing Chem (I'm assuming you're doing law loool)?
omg same lecture slots HEHE friends already
I have chem Mon, Tues and Fri
yeah and law.. also doing MATH1041
:D

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
omg HAHA
what time slot do you have
I am so devastated about this
i also have to go in early and have this massive hour gap
until 6pm WTF MY LIFE LOL
If my Law Peer tutoring session runs then, you are more than welcome to join me :)

HSC
This course is compulsory for a majority of science students and lab spaces are limited - please be aware that you may have to enrol in an evening lab to complete the course. Due to health and safety reasons, labs CANNOT be overloaded to accommodate all students in morning/afternoon lab times. If your first preference lab is at full capacity you must choose another lab where spaces are available. Wait lists will NOT be taken for preferred lab times under any circumstances. BABStudent@unsw.edu.au

KMS

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Labs are usually pretty important so make sure that you can actually attend that lab. I suggest changing the time if you can't make it to the lab physically.

Back last year I had a Wednesday morning lab that was cancelled and had to move it to Friday 5 pm to 7 pm. At first I hated the thought, but after going a few weeks in I actually loved the timing and have kept Friday afternoon labs as a tradition of mine from here on in haha.
Either change up a lot of things in your timetable or do a different course (that will probably not help you much either at this stage being really late) or I guess you'll have to deal with it unfortunately.

HSC
ughhh how annoying
thanks guys anyway

btw, my parents are freaking out on me about the fees
about if they dont pay on time I'll get kicked out LOL
(perm resident but not a citizen so no HECS D:
when is it due? I can't even find how much I owe on my student page

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Labs are compulsory. And lol, I understand your pain. One of my labs ended at 8pm and honestly getting home at 9pm was dreadful. But just make sure you make friends so you have accompaniment on transport. Personally I had no one who went on my train so I was basically alone on empty carriages home. Just walk with a home with a hoodie and have your phone on speed dial 000.

Anyway, you need to constantly check to see if anyone drops out of the time slot that you want then grab it ASAP

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
ughhh how annoying
thanks guys anyway

btw, my parents are freaking out on me about the fees
about if they dont pay on time I'll get kicked out LOL
(perm resident but not a citizen so no HECS D:
when is it due? I can't even find how much I owe on my student page
Usually it is like 4 - 5k per sem. I think the census date is somewhere within the first week of march.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)