Updating of the HSC syllabus (1 Viewer)

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
When the syllabus is updated, is it updated for all courses? Or can the board update say Course A this year, then Course B in the following year?

Anyway, to my question. When was the last time the Software Design & Development syllabus updated?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I don't know when the Software Design and Development course was last updated but that would be available on the Board of Studies website.

When they update a course they do the entire course and all courses within the same subject at the same time e.g. they do all the Maths syllabi at once and all the English syllabi at the same time. This is particularly important when they might move stuff from say 2 Unit to Extenion or vice versa. If a subject has an Extension course it depends on whether or not the Extension course builds directly or indirectly e.g. they update Modern and Ancient for the HSC in 2006 but haven't done Extension History since its implementation.

khfreakau

HSC
It varies. The syllabus for every single subject was changed in 2001, the English syllabus was changed in 2008 for the 2009 HSC, the Economics syllabus was changed in 2010 for the 2011 HSC, and the SDD syllabus was changed in 2011 for the 2012 HSC.

Often there very very minor amendments to syllabi, but for SDD I think I'd hazard a guess at 2001.

Gigacube

HSC
If you're in Year 11 for 2011 then it has changed for you. If you're in Year 12 for 2011 then the Syllabus has stayed the same. They announced this change in 2010.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)