Urgent!: English needs *you*-the EE1 bitch and procrastination thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Whoever's doing Spec Fiction, you should have a chat to goldendawn when he gets back.

Most EE1 and EE2 students tend to really hate one of their english subjects at one point or another. My pet hate was Advanced English. Still is, actually. Grrr...

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Kami, great thread!! :D

What pisses me off about my Ext class is that half the time it just feels like we are doing nothing. Esp now that we have finished the prescribed texts etc. But for me it is the deffinetly the most relaxing of the all the english courses. Most of the time I forget that it is a real class, till we have exams that is.

I'm doing Revenge Tragedy btw

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Oooh! Whats Revenge Tragedy like? It sounds sort of cool.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Revenge Tragedy is very cool, except for High Noon (well its sort of growing on me) and all the violence. Basically our entire class is always crying by the time we finish watching any RM.

HSC
N/A
amoz_lilo said:
me watching finding forrester now =)
:D

*loves that movie and was greatly inspired for EE2 by it, although more writing process than subject matter itself*

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
Finding Forrester was on tv before...and i dismissed it because it had Sean Connery in it....damn it

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Finding Forrester is a pretty good movie if a tad cliched (though perhaps othr movies stole the idea from finding forrester? doesnt know...too many movies), and it represents someone's struggle with the literary process as well as some moralising.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
yes i was looking for it in video ezy and they had it in the drama section crammed between cruel intentions 1 and 3 [i was surprised there was a 3rd one out! meh I borrowed adaptation instead]

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
omg cruel intentions 3???? The first one was actually fiarly good i thought, but the second one was a little...yeah.

radhika87

Pro
HSC
jhakka said:
I actually quite liked Marlowe. He was a nice change from Cordelia in The Skull Beneath the Skin.
i totally agree with you. Marlowe

SazzaPhoenix

OK - I should NEVER have taken Ext 1!! I wanted to do journalism when I leave school, and was told I"d need it, so I chose it, then I didn't wanna do journalism any more (like 1/2 way through yr 11) and told mum, dad, grandma and aunty nan that I needed to get rid of ext 1 coz it was making my brain fuzz cause I can't handle it and Mum refused to sign the note and blah blah blah ... Now I'm about to have a nervous breakdown coz retreat from the global is such a silly study and I can't do it anymore and its too late to lose it!!! Instead I have to surrender my sanity ...

HSC
N/A
Calm down!

I did RFTG last year and am more than happy to help you out with it - I got a final mark of 47/50, and my ee1 teacher wrote the module :)

Hop over to my RFTG SOS thread in one of the ee1 subforums (I'm not sure exactly which one, but it's one of them).

RFTG isn't too bad, but it requires you to understand what's going on. Once you've got it (it's very specific, not open like pomo, so reasonably easy) you'll be fine. :)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
illodous said:
I hope you're talking about Guy Sebastian...
no cruel intentions. adaptation of dangerous liasons, le liasons dangereux, original novel was about a countess...who got her lover to seduce innocent young girls...there was a movie made in the late 80s or early nineties, cruel updated it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)