USYD Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics) Question (1 Viewer)

ColdLipstick

HSC
Hi guys!

I'm not sure if this Question has already been addressed, I couldn't really find anything that completely answers.

What job opportunities are there for Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics) graduates that does not include finance or teaching?

Also, is the course itself very stressful?
Is it hard to maintain a good GPA? Or is it just studying all the time...

Thanks in advance!

sailaway

HSC
i too would like to know the answer to this, wothout a biassed answer from university staff.

HSC
You can go into research/academic, statistics (ABS etc), various places where high level mathematical modelling in science is needed (mathematical biology, theoretical physics etc).

Any university course is as stressful as YOU make it out to be...basically depends on what grades you want to get / need to get.

At USYD we use WAM's (Weighted Average Mark) rather than GPA - it is not hard if you apply yourself. You don't have to spend all your time studying, but of course you can if you want.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Hi guys!

I'm not sure if this Question has already been addressed, I couldn't really find anything that completely answers.

What job opportunities are there for Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics) graduates that does not include finance or teaching?

Also, is the course itself very stressful?
Is it hard to maintain a good GPA? Or is it just studying all the time...

Thanks in advance!
I've only done first year (and I'm only doing BSc (Advanced), but I did maths SSP), but it's really not that stressful overall. I managed a HD average across first year maths without that much study. If you've got a decent amount of talent and you enjoy maths then you'll be fine.

HSC
I've only done first year (and I'm only doing BSc (Advanced), but I did maths SSP), but it's really not that stressful overall. I managed a HD average across first year maths without that much study. If you've got a decent amount of talent and you enjoy maths then you'll be fine.
Talent huh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)