USYD Chatter Thread 2016 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Ah, alright thanks. On the bright side, there's a discount on renewal plus free burger and beer :)
Yeah I read about that. I'm so sad that I don't get the free stuff because I don't need to renew my access :(

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: USYD Chatter Thread - Semester 1 2016

They've currently got 4 that are genetic clones of that one right there. Seeing how they develop before choosing which one will be the replacement (also doing a reassessment of the soil etc). They're only about 2m tall at the moment (or they were when I spoke to a groundskeeper about it a few months back) so got heaps of room to grow before they really replace that one.

This jacaranda actually did really well because they usually only last about 60-70 years, and this one was bordering on 80.
it died before you got to take a graduation pic with it. :(

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC

it died before you got to take a graduation pic with it. :(
I KNOW! And I'm royally pissed off about this.

But they should have another one in there by April and word on the block is that they'll be planting an indigenous tree with it! Here's hoping it's a flame tree because that would make for some mad pics.

pHyRe

HSC
WAMs should be up on Sydney student, mine was a lot lower than expected haha devo

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

I KNOW! And I'm royally pissed off about this.

But they should have another one in there by April and word on the block is that they'll be planting an indigenous tree with it! Here's hoping it's a flame tree because that would make for some mad pics.
is that before or after your grad ceremony though?

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Finally just re-enrolled. Faculty of Science took freaking forever transferring me over to Nursing for my final year.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Heard about Compulsory Work Experience starting at USYD next year, is it true?

meDAawesome

HSC
I wanna take an intro accounting unit because I have a free unit in my second semester. Would BUSS1030 satisfy this because reading the subject outline it seems more theoretical focusing little time on actual accounting methods etc.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
BUSS1030 does teach accounting methods; pretty much all theoretical concepts have activities associated with it.

Besides, it's the only introductory accounting unit available to you at this time.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Does the USYD business school record lectures often? I work full time and am starting my first year next month. Needless to say I'll be largely unable to attend physically.

sida1049

HSC
Does the USYD business school record lectures often? I work full time and am starting my first year next month. Needless to say I'll be largely unable to attend physically.
I'm almost certain they do; especially since the Abercrombie (business) Building is still very much new!

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
I went to Abercrombie for the first time to do an exam last semester. I was very impressed.

And it looks like I'll be having regular biology classes there this semester as well. :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Even the bathrooms are incredible.
I was a bit disappointed with the taps, I was expecting to "wave" my hands underneath them and them to turn on without having to pull/push anything.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I was a bit disappointed with the taps, I was expecting to "wave" my hands underneath them and them to turn on without having to pull/push anything.
That feeling when you've gotten used to waving your hand under the taps at uni you end up doing that everywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)