usyd enrolment (1 Viewer)

KarmaKitten

HSC
Re: how does the timetable work?

Your friend can still come with you though, and you can just stick around to go help her with her enrolment.

If you prepare yourself beforehand the whole thing shouldnt take too long

danz90

HSC

Your friend can still come with you though, and you can just stick around to go help her with her enrolment.

If you prepare yourself beforehand the whole thing shouldnt take too long
What's the most I can do beforehand, to minimise time spent at enrolment?

Kujah

HSC
N/A

I guess get your stuff ready, your contact details, TFN etc etc, know your way around USyd and where to enrol, and the UoS that you want to do for Sem 1 and 2 rather than deciding on the day.

danz90

HSC

I guess get your stuff ready, your contact details, TFN etc etc, know your way around USyd and where to enrol, and the UoS that you want to do for Sem 1 and 2 rather than deciding on the day.
ohk cool i've got all that ready.
what day are u enrolling by the way? I may bump into you or somthing lol

Kujah

HSC
N/A

Next tuesday :)

KarmaKitten

HSC

Exactly what they said. Also make sure you look somewhat presentable, they take photos for your student id on the day. Your student id acts as your library card and also your concession card. I was totally unprepared :mad1:

krayzie_

HSC

Thanks.

How about subject exemptions, as I am transferring. I know this happens on the same day but does approval happen on the same day so that I can pick my subjects or is it going to take awhile?

flamhorn

HSC
do we do that on the day of enrolment? ie. in person.

edit: nevermind. I found the relevant info already.

"Details of previous study – if required
If you wish to seek credit for any previous studies, you can apply to the relevant faculty on the day you enrol, or shortly thereafter. You must produce the appropriate documentation (e.g. an academic transcript and unit of study outlines)."

yay
Would the Results Notice USyd mails out suffice as appropriate documentation?

I don't particularly want to spend $11.00 (yeah yeah I'm a scrooge) on an Academic Transcript that only covers my 1st year at uni, and will be only used as evidence for enrolment =/

And when applying for credit, do we have to include all subjects studied previously? Or can we omit the dodgy results? I got a mark of 58 in one of my maths subjects and it drags down my GPA and WAM a lot.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Documentation is only required if the subjects you want credit for are from another university.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Documentation is only required if the subjects you want credit for are from another university.
Oh, that's good then. Save me from potentially losing anything important.

Question now: I got an offer and i'm accepting it, so would now be a good time to withdraw from my previous course?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh, that's good then. Save me from potentially losing anything important.

Question now: I got an offer and i'm accepting it, so would now be a good time to withdraw from my previous course?
When I transferred i waited until after i was sure I had enrolled in the new degree. Doesn't really matter when you do it though, as long as it's done before the census date.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Thanks.

How about subject exemptions, as I am transferring. I know this happens on the same day but does approval happen on the same day so that I can pick my subjects or is it going to take awhile?
probably best to email the degree coordinator and ask them what the process is.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

Yes this is what I am worried about too.

Specifically, I am seeing in the Bachelor of Commerce i noticed USYD does two units of both accounting and economics but I only did one of each, even if the same content was covered. I really don't want to do economics or accounting again but at the same time i cannot see them granting exemptions for those four units. It would make my life a hell of a lot easier though.

Does anyone have experience with exemptions? Are those who decide generous in their interpretation or strict?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Are there any campus fees that we have to pay during enrolment?
nope. you don't need to pay anything at enrolment, unless you want to pay some or all of your HECS upfront (but if you're an australian citizen, that's not compulsory).

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I got the UAC letter which had a USyd card telling me what to do for enrolment, and also a SMS.

flamhorn

HSC
When I transferred i waited until after i was sure I had enrolled in the new degree. Doesn't really matter when you do it though, as long as it's done before the census date.
How do you withdraw from your previous course? MyUni? I just assumed it would be done on enrolment day.

Sorry for all the questions, I just can't seem to find much info on the Usyd site :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)