USYD Strike (1 Viewer)

Merricat

HSC
Hey y'all. I was kinda wondering how hard it's going to be to get through the picket lines? I have class tomorrow and I'm kinda passive and hate confrontational situations. I don't really want to have to face-off crazy picketers to get to class.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I can definitely confirm the acid being spilt on Dr Schmidt in the 9 AM Chem1101 but he is fine. He joked about it in my 12PM lecture and hoped it didn't get stormed again as we did something with 18M acid. 10AM chem for pharmacy lecture was cancelled due to lots of drum chanting and massive protest. Police also came into a chem lecture to drag protestors out.

He said the protestors were "science illiterates" who should have known better than to jump up and sit on a demo bench with chemicals spilt on it.

I have been hearing all the chants from my college as it's close to the entrance. They really have been laying into some people verbally. Mainly just "shame on you!" though.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
Indeed.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous to be invading lectures.
+1 i love how half of the spastics have their phones out recording everything and then theyll use the video to claim how the cops were acting irrational lol

Last edited:

J18134

HSC
What today proved is there are some real oxygen thieves at this uni.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Re: non-students protesting.

If they show up in any of my lectures tomorrow I think I might do this

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Dammit, I wish my lecturers hadn't rescheduled, I would have had so much fun.

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
Got a lecture tomorrow. Going to be fun copping abuse from the picketers when I know some of them from the left-wing groups. :)

zxreth

HSC
Only arts/law students have time for shit like this, no wonder arts faculty keep getting funding cuts. what a joke.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Only arts/law students have time for shit like this, no wonder arts faculty keep getting funding cuts. what a joke.
Not many subjects other than arts subjects have actually been cancelled. I've had a couple of lectures rescheduled, I have a feeling it's because the lecturers don't want to deal with their shit though.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I was going to make a comment like this, but I didn't have the balls :p.

It's weird though, somehow they still have enough funds to buy numerous labs full of expensive macbooks that are used solely for typing stuff up (I'm looking at you, Writing Hub).

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
No. Comments like this are NOT ok. All my science subjects this week have been cancelled, and you shouldn't be having a massive go at arts/law people. They work hard and just because it's a different type of work to what you do, doesn't mean it's worthless.

The USyd arts faculty is the exact opposite of a joke. It's the largest and most diverse in the entire southern hemisphere and we need to support that if we want to keep its profile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)