USYD Strike (1 Viewer)

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
any quiet entrances so as to not be hassled by any protesting peoples?

teeah

HSC
we're going to be hassled? damn. maybe just have an emotional breakdown on the spot so people back away..

engineering

HSC
N/A
Under the Fair Work Act 2009, only staff who are members of the NTEU or CPSU and who would be covered by the proposed enterprise agreement are able to take ‘protected’ (i.e. lawful) industrial action.

If your lecturer is not in the union, he/she should be working as normal; and members of the union are not obliged to strike if they do not wish to do so.

It is therefore certainly not the case that "all" classes are cancelled, more like "some".

kingpharaoh

HSC
Can anyone confirm if this email sent by Chemistry people means there's no lectures tomorrow?

Dear Students,

Please be advised that due to industrial action by the CPSU and NTEU on Thursday 7 March, the School of Chemistry will close all Teaching Laboratories on this day for Work Health and Safety reasons.

Regards,

School of Chemistry

rosemcc

HSC
6 classes tomorrow - 3 are cancelled, 3 are on arrghhh

engineering

HSC
N/A
that reads to me that labs would not run. It does not make any comment on whether lectures are on or not.

rosemcc

HSC
Can anyone confirm if this email sent by Chemistry people means there's no lectures tomorrow?

Dear Students,

Please be advised that due to industrial action by the CPSU and NTEU on Thursday 7 March, the School of Chemistry will close all Teaching Laboratories on this day for Work Health and Safety reasons.

Regards,

School of Chemistry
maybe just the labs are closed? my chem lecturer said he'd definitely be there teaching in the morning...

kingpharaoh

HSC
maybe just the labs are closed? my chem lecturer said he'd definitely be there teaching in the morning...
Yeah that's what I was thinking, so lecture theatres doesn't count as Teaching Laboratories? I wouldn't want to skip tomorrow to only find out that the lecture did go on

rosemcc

HSC
Yeah that's what I was thinking, so lecture theatres doesn't count as Teaching Laboratories? I wouldn't want to skip tomorrow to only find out that the lecture did go on
chem1001 at 9am is definitely running, I can tell you that hahah

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I would believe anyone except Michael Spence. He's a dick.
And yet he managed to score another 4 years of being VC when his contact came up last year.

I'd suggest Carillion Avenue if you want a quiet entry. It's a bit of a trek, but barely anyone ever goes over there.

My HPS lecturer yesterday said he wasn't striking, but he then looked up the weather forecast and said it was supposed to be great for Thurs, so we've all been encouraged to support the strike at the beach. This is why I love HPS.

And maths was cancelled so no classes for meeeeee

db94

HSC
they get 17% super, why would be whinging!? Also a 7% increase in salary is crazy

Macqncheese

Banned
HSC
N/A
and 50 sick days a year!!!!!

brb becoming an academic
I saw that. I don't know why they are complaining. 50 days can equate to almost 3 working months (more like 2.5 working months)
they get 17% super, why would be whinging!? Also a 7% increase in salary is crazy
Is that 7% per year? if so, that is more than twice inflation which is huge!!

hongjew

HSC
Will we be able to enter where the picketing is happening? Or is it super hard?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)