Usyd's timetables are out (2 Viewers)

Frank_Lampard

HSC
Thank you so much. I don't know if this is the right thread but how long do you think generally it would take to walk from Carslaw building to Wallace Theatre with back to back lectures? sorry

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Thank you so much. I don't know if this is the right thread but how long do you think generally it would take to walk from Carslaw building to Wallace Theatre with back to back lectures? sorry
It takes me just a little over 5mins. But it depends how fast you walk. :)

Frank_Lampard

HSC
Thank you again i thought i might be late for class thinking about the distance. Cheers mate

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
i blame 8ams for ending up in hospital last year

(of course it had nothing to do with the late nights and lifestyle I was leading at the time)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Ah 8AM starts. They seem fine until after a week of having them every day.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Ah 8AM starts. They seem fine until after a week of having them every day.
Excited for mine :) have to be on the bus by 6:11! :) yaaay!

thank god I only have one and it's a lecture :)

danjw

HSC
All you guys seem to swear by going to lectures, I find it a lot easier to do my work at home whilst watching the lecture and reading the slides.
Anybody else in the same boat?
Just out of curiosity.

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
LOL 8am starts...I'm not really a morning person so I'm usually late for those and rely on my friend's notes to catch up sometimes :L I only have one this sem luckily :)

All you guys seem to swear by going to lectures, I find it a lot easier to do my work at home whilst watching the lecture and reading the slides.
Just out of curiosity.
Depends on the lecture, sometimes you can't watch the lecture (e.g. maths) so you have to be there to get the notes. Some people may find it better to be there since they're more likely to absorb the information when they see the lecturer saying it. Sometimes the lecturers do demos (e.g. chem or physics) or write on the blackboard which you might not be able to see on blackboard online. Also, for people missing lectures, some might become lazy and forget to catch up but I assume that you catch up with lectures most of the time? So yeah, depends on the subject and person...

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello i need some assistance on my timetable, my Chemistry Prac location just says Chemistry School. Where do i actually go? I'm sorry don't know.
First year chemistry labs around the corner on the first floor when you walk into the building

There will be signs

Chem have their labs in their building and then just have different labs for 1st, 2nd and 3rd years. ^_^

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
What happened?
Completely burnt out and got sick enough to spend several weeks in hospital with a 6 month recovery time after I left. I had four 8am starts a week, went to a gig at least once a week, worked 15 hours, volunteered 4 hours, had 22 contact hours and was also suffering insomnia at the time.

Fairly similar to the way I'd be living my life at uni for the years previous to that, but the 8ams were new so pretty sure they were what tipped me over the edge.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Excited for mine :) have to be on the bus by 6:11! :) yaaay!

thank god I only have one and it's a lecture :)
See, where I was when I had them I had to be in my car at 7:50. Mind you, my 9AM starts I only got an extra 45 minutes sleep as I'd go through a school zone with kids crossing all the time going to them.

Just out of curiosity.
Depends on the subject, if they're not writing on the board and stuff should be fine. As long as you keep up, I get distracted too easily at home. That and I don't even watch the podcasts when I mean to.

MaggieMac

HSC
So I'm in second year of Medical Science. I can't even read this shit. soooooo messy TIMETABLE.jpg
So I made a summary to actually be able to read it. Fuaaaaark! Those Thursdays. And 8 am starts -.- btw, it takes me almost 2 hours to get to and from uni. (I live in Castle Hill; no train, just buses)
summary timetable.png

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
So I'm in second year of Medical Science. I can't even read this shit. soooooo messy View attachment 27724
So I made a summary to actually be able to read it. Fuaaaaark! Those Thursdays. And 8 am starts -.- btw, it takes me almost 2 hours to get to and from uni. (I live in Castle Hill; no train, just buses)
View attachment 27725
I'll see you in the chemistry seminar and practical :).

Last edited:

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
I'll see you in the chemistry seminar and practical :).

cool you're in my MATH2961 tute and all my other maths lectures :p but bad luck about the clashes (esp for PHYS1002 & MATH2969)

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
cool you're in my MATH2961 tute and all my other maths lectures :p but bad luck about the clashes (esp for PHYS1002 & MATH2969)
It shouldn't be that bad, I'm guessing physics is going to be recorded so I'll certainly be skipping those. Having ~20 lectures a week is going to be fun (not).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)