Usyd's timetables are out (1 Viewer)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Thank you :)
memorisation is my forte so should do the best in bio but psych looks alright too so hopefully all goes well
forgot to ask, how about essay writing in Psych, is there a lot and generally how many words or pages if there is an average amount?
The only essay I wrote was for the assessment task - is that what you are talking about? It was a research task with a strict word count and APA format is needed for the sources you use and citations. For BIOL it was the Harvard Reference system that was used. :p You'll get use to writing an essay with both and with endnote etc.

@Aysce - the assessment required you to do an experiment/research so not all of it is memorising. :D

richh1833

HSC
N/A

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Anyone have any clues as to where the timetables are for the USSC classes?

Theres this:
http://ussc.edu.au/ussc/assets/media/docs/timetables/130110_2013_timetable.pdf

and it says

but the timetabling system doesnt acknowledge that and gives me something funky. Is it safe to say that the timetable page form USSC is wrong?
Have you gone through: https://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au/menu.jsp?siteMap=true and clicking collect under personalised student timetable? If that does not work then it is best to contact the faculty/student centre.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Thanks mate!

When it doesnt allocate one of the tutorials where its possible does that mean its filled?
Unless that unit does not offer tutorials, practicals, seminars or workshops then a tutorial is not allocated but you should check if that unit has lecture and tutorial etc. classes just to be sure.

richh1833

HSC
N/A
Unless that unit does not offer tutorials, practicals, seminars or workshops then a tutorial is not allocated but you should check if that unit has lecture and tutorial etc. classes just to be sure.
Sorry, I meant that it keeps allocating me to another time slot instead of the one I want. Would this indicate that it's filled?

Edit:

Another question,

https://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au/t...1001&sessionId=1&academicYear=2013&campusId=1

When you try to fix your allocated timetables it does 3pm Monday 3pm Tuesday. Would it be possible to actually just go to 1pm Monday and 3pm Tuesday? Since they're just the same class but different time slots.

Last edited:

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Sorry, I meant that it keeps allocating me to another time slot instead of the one I want. Would this indicate that it's filled?
Most likely - I recommend playing around with the timetable every day until you get your desired timetable - it is too bad USyd doesn't allow us to pick our classes but instead we have to block out the times we do not want classes to be allocated on. :(

EDIT: Sorry, I do not know what you meant - do you have a screenshot of your current timetable? - just cut out or mark out your name. If it is a tutorial, workshop or practical that is allocated for you then you must attend that class - if it is a lecture then you can attend any of the lecture classes for that unit.

Last edited:

Nws m8

Banned
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't youse get to make your own timetable like other universities? :S

westwing

HSC
hey passion, do you happen to know if they put up the lectures online for human bio?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
hey passion, do you happen to know if they put up the lectures online for human bio?
Yes - audio and video footage is online - hence why some people don't bother showing up. :D Which class are you in for ANAT?

richh1833

HSC
N/A
Most likely - I recommend playing around with the timetable every day until you get your desired timetable - it is too bad USyd doesn't allow us to pick our classes but instead we have to block out the times we do not want classes to be allocated on. :(

EDIT: Sorry, I do not know what you meant - do you have a screenshot of your current timetable? - just cut out or mark out your name. If it is a tutorial, workshop or practical that is allocated for you then you must attend that class - if it is a lecture then you can attend any of the lecture classes for that unit.
haha, its fine. I just wanted to ask if the lecturers would get pissed off if you were allocated 3PM Mon/Tues Lectures but you end up going to 1PM Mon and 3PM on Tues.

I'm pretty satsified with my timetable. Not exactly what I want but better than nothing!

Attachments

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
haha, its fine. I just wanted to ask if the lecturers would get pissed off if you were allocated 3PM Mon/Tues Lectures but you end up going to 1PM Mon and 3PM on Tues.

I'm pretty satsified with my timetable. Not exactly what I want but better than nothing!

I always rock up to lectures that weren't allocated for me so it is fine - but it may get packed. :p

westwing

HSC
Yes - audio and video footage is online - hence why some people don't bother showing up. :D Which class are you in for ANAT?
awesomeeee. ugh dude ive been tinkering with this for like two hours omg halp it wont budge from wednesday 11am. i think its full or smth already.

westwing

HSC

haha cute. i remember i was asking myself this question when i first started. but they don't really check so it shouldn't matter.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
awesomeeee. ugh dude ive been tinkering with this for like two hours omg halp it wont budge from wednesday 11am. i think its full or smth already.
LOL keep going at it - I had to play around until I got Tuesday's class. :p Oh wells, we'll see each other at lecture class. :D

westwing

HSC
LOL keep going at it - I had to play around until I got Tuesday's class. :p Oh wells, we'll see each other at lecture class. :D
yeah ill try again later, my eyes are burning from staring at the screen for so long.
but goodness do my eyes deceive me...bosch?! i have heard so much about your isolation.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
yeah ill try again later, my eyes are burning from staring at the screen for so long.
but goodness do my eyes deceive me...bosch?! i have heard so much about your isolation.
Makes sense - School of Medicine units being taught in a building right behind the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (well near it anyway). :tongue:

westwing

HSC
Makes sense - School of Medicine units being taught in a building right behind the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (well near it anyway). :tongue:
idek where that place is-.- i dont think i want to know either, im guessing its super far. poor medicine students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)