Usyd's timetables are out (1 Viewer)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Prof. William Christie (who is apparently good) for Modernity

Assoc Prof. Vanessa Smith for Traveler's tales.

I kinda need to do them both as they are core units. Need to complete all the cores before I can get to the really good extension subjects.

Why the hell would they make two core units clash!?

So do I actually have to drop one of them? :mad3:
core units for what? and english major? There's a bunch of other stuff you can do that would also count iirc

and yeah, the advanced units are the bomb. When I started, you only had to do 2 'senior' units and get a credit average before going onto the advanced ones so I've only done two and the rest advanced. Would never go back

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
THAT'S YOU! Lol
At USYD yeah, but overall university education is second year. Mind you, at least the second years work shit out at USYD. Every year there are people complaining about UNE's enrolment system despite it being incredibly easy. So yeah, all this stuff about people seeing one lecture clash and thinking they have to drop a unit is kind of tiring for me.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
At USYD yeah, but overall university education is second year. Mind you, at least the second years work shit out at USYD. Every year there are people complaining about UNE's enrolment system despite it being incredibly easy. So yeah, all this stuff about people seeing one lecture clash and thinking they have to drop a unit is kind of tiring for me.
Bby. Those subjects that guy/gal is doing are 2nd year subs. Lol

Also, you're a first year now.
And so am I.
Get used to. ^_^

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
core units for what? and english major? There's a bunch of other stuff you can do that would also count iirc

and yeah, the advanced units are the bomb. When I started, you only had to do 2 'senior' units and get a credit average before going onto the advanced ones so I've only done two and the rest advanced. Would never go back
Yeah this is for an English Major.

Here is the current criteria:

These are core units, how can they schedule them at the same time. I mean how hard is it to pick another slot?

I mean I suppose I can go to one and listen to the other at home, but that sucks. I like going to lectures.

There is no other way around this? I want to be able to do extension units by 2nd semester.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
choose a different core. You've got 5 options there so it's probably something silly like only the two you've chosen clash. Deceit/Disguise is taken by Huw Griffiths (or it has been for the last couple of years) and he's pretty great, so I'd recommend that.

Edit: just looked at the semesters those subjects are offered, so this next sentence is pretty null

Or people I've spoken to really recommend the American Literature one because you cover a huge spread of works and end up having some great general knowledge.

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
choose a different core. You've got 5 options there so it's probably something silly like only the two you've chosen clash. Deceit/Disguise is taken by Huw Griffiths (or it has been for the last couple of years) and he's pretty great, so I'd recommend that.

Edit: just looked at the semesters those subjects are offered, so this next sentence is pretty null

Or people I've spoken to really recommend the American Literature one because you cover a huge spread of works and end up having some great general knowledge.
I've had Huw Griffiths briefly before and yeah he is great. Looking forward to getting him for the Shakespeare extension (if I can ever get there!!).

But the Handbook lists the teacher as Lawrence Warner and the website lists it as Jan Elizabeth Shaw and I am pretty sure I fell asleep listening to her lectures. Pretty sure I hated everything about her lectures actually.

But I see your point that I should look for another option. I may be forced to wait until next year, unless I decide to take the winter school option that is available on one of those cores (ENGL2658).

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Lawrence Warner has left for a job at Kings College in London.

There are still other options though.

Or in second sem, you could apply for special permission to do your core uni and extension units at the same time (no guarantee they'll grant this, but they did for me).

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Yeah this is for an English Major.

Here is the current criteria:

These are core units, how can they schedule them at the same time. I mean how hard is it to pick another slot?

I mean I suppose I can go to one and listen to the other at home, but that sucks. I like going to lectures.

There is no other way around this? I want to be able to do extension units by 2nd semester.
can you pass us a link to this?

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
Timetable servers down and I lost mine! How long does this kind of thing usually last for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)