UTS Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Hey Guys, I just got allocated an Engineering Communication tutorial time slot on my timetable which also clashes with my Engineering Communications Seminar. The problem is there is no possible way I can configure my timetable in order to fit in my Engineering Communications Seminar as the time slots for all my other classes are full. What do I do now? Are seminars important?
Iirc correctly from last year, there are no Eng Comm seminars but they appear on your time table early on as a place holder for the tutes. Eng Comm only has physical lectures week 1 and 2 + last week of semester and the 3 hour tutes.

Newbit

HSC
Are you absolutely certain they clash? Other people have said something similar but then checked the dates on their timetable for the seminar and tutorial and found that they didn't clash. If it does clash then you should talk to the Student Centre. Calling up is probably a better option than standing in a long line of people waiting to do their IDs.
Both of the slots show up as red. I'm not sure which class I should attend tomorrow.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Obviously the tute, the "seminar" doesn't have a location listed and i'm pretty sure it doesn't even exist =P

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
Iirc correctly from last year, there are no Eng Comm seminars but they appear on your time table early on as a place holder for the tutes. Eng Comm only has physical lectures week 1 and 2 + last week of semester and the 3 hour tutes.
This. At online.uts.edu.au says seminars are just many small tutes or something along those lines.

HSC
So far I seen new students introducing themselves to other new students but not me :(

I'm just asking, is it possible one may be left out because of his/her appearance?

And is it true a person's appearance can indicate whether or not that person is prone to being a victim of bullying? That's the biggest reason why I had less friends in primary and high school. :(

I experienced this a number of times in primary, high school and in tutoring and deja vu, I feel a sense of rejection, a sense of not belonging, again :(

I swear with my whole life I'm not trolling or lying. I am extremely honest and none of this is a joke!

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I wouldn't be too worried about that, tbh the reason people aren't introducing themselves to you is probably that you just seem inapproachable rather than anything else.

Instead of waiting for people to introduce themselves go up to people and do it yourself. I'm a bit shy myself so I know its not easy. Tutes and labs are a better environment for actually meeting people rather than lectures.

But don't underestimate opportunities to meet people outside of class/uni. Societies are great and I actually became friends with a few people in my classes after talking to them on trains. Either seeing them at my local train station in the morning or on the train home.

Newbit

HSC
Does anyone know where the Union store is? I went down to the 3rd floor and only found a union store that sells food... I'm looking for the one that sells stationary.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Does anyone know where the Union store is? I went down to the 3rd floor and only found a union store that sells food... I'm looking for the one that sells stationary.
If memory serves me correctly it's next to building 6. But I've only been to the area for my lectures so I haven't been paying much attention to the surrounding buildings much :p

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
So far I seen new students introducing themselves to other new students but not me :(

I'm just asking, is it possible one may be left out because of his/her appearance?

And is it true a person's appearance can indicate whether or not that person is prone to being a victim of bullying? That's the biggest reason why I had less friends in primary and high school. :(

I experienced this a number of times in primary, high school and in tutoring and deja vu, I feel a sense of rejection, a sense of not belonging, again :(

I swear with my whole life I'm not trolling or lying. I am extremely honest and none of this is a joke!
Just go up to people :)

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
If memory serves me correctly it's next to building 6. But I've only been to the area for my lectures so I haven't been paying much attention to the surrounding buildings much :p
Lol. There's a union store in the main tower.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Theres one right next to the store selling food haha.

Newbit

HSC
Does anyone know where I can find the equation sheet for Physical Modelling? The lecturer said it should be on UTS online but I can't find it anywhere..

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
How is the uni life treating everyone?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Does anyone know where I can find the equation sheet for Physical Modelling? The lecturer said it should be on UTS online but I can't find it anywhere..
You guys have Jurgen right? Should be on UTS online but if not DL a past paper and it should be included.

Newbit

HSC
How do you use the elevators in Tower Building? Is it for staff only? All the buttons are shielded...

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
They are in process of replacing them, but system has been replaced. There are touch pad things on the outside of near the elevators where you enter the floors and are directed to the right elevator

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Saw posts about MM1 in general uni section and thought i'd post here rather than go off topic there. Is Mary the lecturer for MM1 this semester? She was really good last year but apparently some guy taught it in Spring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)