UTS - Semester 2 2007 Guestimates + Official Results (19 Dec 2007) thread (1 Viewer)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
"Listed below are the subjects which you have studied that have final results released.

Sorry, but you don't have any results recorded for your Course."

I hate this :(

I guess I have to wait five extra days :(

MuffinMan

HSC
I think i got a 44z for business requirements modelling :(

Not really sure, I hope I passed.
Walked in the exam with 50% but some stupid rule that said i needed to pass the exam to pass. Thats shit :(

edit: others pass or greater. Don't have grades now.

Says: "No supp exam is to be given for this subject" :(

I guess I'll add "Failing a subject with an overall mark of over 50" to my done list :(

Last edited:

Jian

HSC
N/A
MuffinMan said:
I think i got a 44z for business requirements modelling :(

Not really sure, I hope I passed.
Walked in the exam with 50% but some stupid rule that said i needed to pass the exam to pass. Thats shit :(

edit: others pass or greater. Don't have grades now.

Says: "No supp exam is to be given for this subject" :(

I guess I'll add "Failing a subject with an overall mark of over 50" to my done list :(
In my memory, you are not a first year first semester student.
If you transfered from another course at UTS. You can use the "Email my complete..." link in the old course's result page.

MuffinMan

HSC
Jian said:
In my memory, you are not a first year first semester student.
If you transfered from another course at UTS. You can use the "Email my complete..." link in the old course's result page.
no point, i know i didn't pass. It says planned on that subject.

Edit:

This is what it says:

31265 - Communications for IT Professionals - Enrolled - 6cp - Core - 2007 (Study Period = Spring Semester)
31267 - Programming Fundamentals - Enrolled - 6cp - Core - 2007 (Study Period = Spring Semester)
31270 - Networking Essentials - Enrolled - 6cp - Core - 2007 (Study Period = Spring Semester)
31271 - Database Fundamentals - Planned - 6cp - Core - 2007 (Study Period = Spring Semester) * WTF?
31267 - Business Requirements Modeling - Planned - 6cp - Core (Study Period = N/A) * WTF

Ok, I don't quite get it but I'm 100% sure I enrolled in BRM and did not enroll in database fundamentals. How come database fundamentals show my study plan as (Study Plan = Spring Semester)? I didn't even do the subject in Spring....

Any chance it got BRM and Database mixed up, because even if I got a 44z which is the only logical mark for a 'planned' state having walked in the exam with 50%, wouldn't BRM show as:

31267 - Business Requirements Modelling - Planned - 6cp - Core - 2007 (Study Period = Spring Semester)
instead of
31267 - Business Requirements Modelling - Planned - 6cp - Core - 2007 (Study Period = N/A)
?

Last edited:

Jian

HSC
N/A
MuffinMan said:
no point, i know i didn't pass. It says planned on that subject.

Edit:

This is what it says:

31265 - Communications for IT Professionals - Enrolled - 6cp - Core - 2007 (Study Period = Spring Semester)
31267 - Programming Fundamentals - Enrolled - 6cp - Core - 2007 (Study Period = Spring Semester)
31270 - Networking Essentials - Enrolled - 6cp - Core - 2007 (Study Period = Spring Semester)
31271 - Database Fundamentals - Planned - 6cp - Core - 2007 (Study Period = Spring Semester) * WTF?
31267 - Business Requirements Modeling - Planned - 6cp - Core (Study Period = N/A) * WTF

Ok, I don't quite get it but I'm 100% sure I enrolled in BRM and did not enroll in database fundamentals. How come database fundamentals show my study plan as (Study Plan = Spring Semester)? I didn't even do the subject in Spring....

Any chance it got BRM and Database mixed up, because even if I got a 44z which is the only logical mark for a 'planned' state having walked in the exam with 50%, wouldn't BRM show as:

31267 - Business Requirements Modelling - Planned - 6cp - Core - 2007 (Study Period = Spring Semester)
instead of
31267 - Business Requirements Modelling - Planned - 6cp - Core - 2007 (Study Period = N/A)
?
Did you try to enrol Database Fundamentals in Spring semester and then withdraw it? If yes, the study period of DF will show "Spring semester"

I never see study period = N/A

MuffinMan

HSC
Jian said:
Did you try to enrol Database Fundamentals in Spring semester and then withdraw it? If yes, the study period of DF will show "Spring semester"

I never see study period = N/A
I mean study period was empty for something I actually did in the spring semester.
I might have, I don't really remember though.

N/A = empty.
So for BRM which I did in Spring it shows up as "Planned" but does not say that I did it in Spring 07. Hope that clarifies.

edit: pic

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/mine_for_life/hmm.jpg

Last edited:

Jian

HSC
N/A
MuffinMan said:
I mean study period was empty for something I actually did in the spring semester.
I might have, I don't really remember though.

N/A = empty.
So for BRM which I did in Spring it shows up as "Planned" but does not say that I did it in Spring 07. Hope that clarifies.

edit: pic

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/mine_for_life/hmm.jpg
There is a high probability that subject is failed. Because when the status is changed to Planned, the study period becomes empty.

Just wait until the result release date. If you only fail the final exam, you can try to approch subject coordinator/lecturer to persuade them to give you a supplementary exam.

krayzie_

HSC
Jian, is there any other way to find out the marks? Or is the only earlier way to call up before the actual day.

Jian

HSC
N/A
krayzie_ said:
Jian, is there any other way to find out the marks? Or is the only earlier way to call up before the actual day.
The only way I find which we can know the results before the result release date is result hotline.
If you have relative who is working at UTS Student Centre. You may be able to know your results now. : )

MuffinMan

HSC
Jian said:
There is a high probability that subject is failed. Because when the status is changed to Planned, the study period becomes empty.

Just wait until the result release date. If you only fail the final exam, you can try to approch subject coordinator/lecturer to persuade them to give you a supplementary exam.
it says on the subject outline that no supplemantary exam will be given :(

Jian

HSC
N/A
MuffinMan said:
it says on the subject outline that no supplemantary exam will be given :(
You can still have a try.
Tell them you attend every lecture and tutorial. And you didn't feel good on the exam date.

MuffinMan

HSC
ok heres the subject outline for BRM

http://www.users.on.net/~pnxu/31269_SubjectOutline%20Spr07_final.pdf

If only they counted the overall mark i would have passed...comfortably too :(

Students must attain a minimum mark of 40% in the Final Exam and
receive 50% overall in the subject to pass the subject.
Failure to do so will result in a total subject mark / grade of 44Z or
their actual mark, whichever is the lower.
No supplementary examination will be given in this subject. If you miss
any piece of assessment through documented illness or misadventure, you
should consult with the subject coordinator. In the case of the final
examination your “Application for Alternative Examination (due to Illness
or Misadventure)” form must be submitted with appropriate documentation
to the Student Information & Administration Centre within three working
days of the examination.
NO conceded passes are to be granted due to University Policy.

Guess my mark is 44z then?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I've passed everything too =)

Total Credit Points Required for Course 192
Total Credit Points Gained 96
Total Credit Points Enrolled 48

MuffinMan

HSC
Huratio said:
I've passed everything too =)

Total Credit Points Required for Course 192
Total Credit Points Gained 96
Total Credit Points Enrolled 48
where do you go to tell how many cp you have gained?

Jian

HSC
N/A
MuffinMan said:
where do you go to tell how many cp you have gained?
Online Academic Record
You can get it by clicking on "Email my complete..." on the result page.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Jian said:
If you have relative who is working at UTS Student Centre. You may be able to know your results now. : )
Do you reckon anyone would go that far to release the results?

I wonder then perhaps lecturers and Student Services staff like doctors/counsellors would know the results already then :S!

Jian

HSC
N/A
MuffinMan said:
hey is there any chance I can get my exam remarked?
You can appeal.

Was the final exam hard? You only need to get 40% in the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)