UTS to USYD Bachelor of Economics (1 Viewer)

El Cucuy

HSC
Hey fellas,

Anyone here possibly gone through the process of transferring from UTS to USYD for Bachelor of Economics?

I’m about to start university at UTS but just missed out on the entry requirements for USYD Bachelor of Economics.

What would the transfer scheme look like and how should I best maximise my chances of transfer.

I’m currently offered the choice of Bachelor of Economics or Bachelor of Property Economics. Would a Bachelor of Economics warrant a higher chance of a transfer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
In terms of transferring from UTS to USyd, you'll need to apply through UAC when the time comes. You can apply to USyd directly if you don't want to apply through UAC.

Much like applying straight from high school, you will need to either re-register with the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) and select your course preferences or apply directly to the University. Learn more about how to apply.

To maximise your chances of transfer, you need to make sure you perform well throughout your time at UTS in terms of marks and GPA/WAM so that you can satisfy any academic requirements for USyd's Bachelor of Economics.

I don't think there would be much difference between studying a Bachelor of Economics vs Bachelor of Property Economics and then transferring to USyd's Bachelor of Economics as long as your performance at UTS is up to USyd standards. However, you should probably choose the Bachelor of Economics at UTS since it's the same degree, just to be safe.

All the best! :D

quickoats

HSC
Generally, you will need at least 1 full time year of results for your WAM/GPA to be considered over your ATAR.

Alternatively, you can do a Bachelor of Arts at USyd majoring in Economics, since economics belongs to the arts and social sciences faculty there. I'm assuming that you probably have an ATAR of at least 80 (which will definitely get you into arts) since you just missed out on the economics degree. This will be exactly degree as the same as a Bachelor of Economics except that you might have to do one or two compulsory first year Arts courses instead of introductory business courses.

If you are more interested in doing property economics, I would recommend that you stay at UTS as USyd does not offer property studies. There is not point in completing a degree you don't really want, just because it is at a uni with more 'prestige factor'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)