UTS vs UNSW (1 Viewer)

JordaneVG

HSC
N/A
^ which uni should I got to....wat are the pros and cons of both?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
If it's engineering UTS gives more experience but UNSW is better reputed.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Also UNSW has stronger competition....
Somehow in my opinion, university is not meant to be so competitive since it's just you to get your own degree and achieve whatever results you want from the course. You don't need to get amazing marks just to qualify into your course anymore... :p

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Somehow in my opinion, university is not meant to be so competitive since it's just you to get your own degree and achieve whatever results you want from the course. You don't need to get amazing marks just to qualify into your course anymore... :p
Not to qualify into the course, but i mean during the course. That'd most likely be why UNSW has a better reputation than UTS ie UNSW = hard course/stricter UTS = easier course/more lax

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Not to qualify into the course, but i mean during the course. That'd most likely be why UNSW has a better reputation than UTS ie UNSW = hard course/stricter UTS = easier course/more lax
You want it to be harder and stricter?

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Why on earth would you choose UTS with a right mind. Its an evolved version of TAFE IMO. UNSW >> UTS (notice the two '>''s)

Triquetral

HSC
Why on earth would you choose UTS with a right mind. Its an evolved version of TAFE IMO. UNSW >> UTS (notice the two '>''s)
Your a moron.
There's no such thing as reputation bullshit surrounding universities. When you go into the big bad world, NO ONE, and I repeat NO ONE regardless of what bullshit has been put into your mind, looks at where you graduated. America? Maybe. Standford and all those places that's different but in Australia you get your degree, go into the big world and they see the Degree for what it is and infact won't even know what Uni you went to because its not put down.

All I know is. Engineering is UTS. Science, even though people state otherwise, is UTS, they have the newest facilities spending god knows what millions in recent times upgrading everything, it will become the best science faculty to attend. UNSW, well, if you wanna work on 50 year shitty benches and old facilities that's your prerogative but all this reputation crapness that has been spilled into peoples minds drives me nuts cause everyones been brainwashed!

PS: I got 90+ atar so I'm not a lower person trying to credit UTS over others but just annoys me how people choose Uni's due to reputation when it means nothing!

Go where you like. What's easier. In the end. Everyone has the same degree doesn't matter where you go the places you work won't even know where u attended!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Your a moron.
There's no such thing as reputation bullshit surrounding universities. When you go into the big bad world, NO ONE, and I repeat NO ONE regardless of what bullshit has been put into your mind, looks at where you graduated. America? Maybe. Standford and all those places that's different but in Australia you get your degree, go into the big world and they see the Degree for what it is and infact won't even know what Uni you went to because its not put down.

All I know is. Engineering is UTS. Science, even though people state otherwise, is UTS, they have the newest facilities spending god knows what millions in recent times upgrading everything, it will become the best science faculty to attend. UNSW, well, if you wanna work on 50 year shitty benches and old facilities that's your prerogative but all this reputation crapness that has been spilled into peoples minds drives me nuts cause everyones been brainwashed!

PS: I got 90+ atar so I'm not a lower person trying to credit UTS over others but just annoys me how people choose Uni's due to reputation when it means nothing!

Go where you like. What's easier. In the end. Everyone has the same degree doesn't matter where you go the places you work won't even know where u attended!
This guy probably didn't get their course in UNSW.

HSC
The travelling makes a difference though, making UTS better and also gives experience. But as others said UNSW has better reputation + stronger competition.

bv

HSC
i know this is off the subject.. but why doesnt usyd ever come up when tlking about engineering?..they actually impressed me more than unsw

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Your a moron.

Yeah, they spent quite a lot on the science faculty at UTS because we're so awesome like that. We even have a $1.5 million microscope: UTS: Story, Newsroom

lol.

Having said that though, some of the lab equipment needs... maintenance (in the physics labs which no-one really cares about. biology's where it's at). But who cares, yeah? Prestige is just another delusion of grandeur. Go with what suits you.

Triquetral

HSC
This guy probably didn't get their course in UNSW.
Actually no. Like every other idiot in Australia, I figured UNSW was the place to go. Turns out not. Faculty of Science is garbage down there. My cousin currently travelling the world with Genetics informed me of UTS's superior teaching and resources (for Science mind you, no clue about the other fields for UTS) and upon the information days, UTS shined far above. All of my preferences are for UTS and I'm getting into my first preference being Medical Science. Nice try though.

Learn to read the truth rather than make snide stupid lack lustre comments. You will see once you enter Uni it makes no difference where you go but guess you'll needa grow up first.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Your a moron.
*You're a moron. The only strand of argument that you are presenting is that UTS has better facilities. So fucking what. Its not like you're going to be chained to a 1.5 million $ microscope for your time during the degree. Yes, I yield to your claim that when you graduate, people don't really care about where you graduated from. That may be true. That said, my initial claim was completely based on the experience one gains DURING uni, ceteris paribus. UTS has less prestige, you can't argue with that. Furthermore, allow me to put aside my words and present a purely statistical argument - the ATAR cutoffs for UNSW are a lot higher. Now why may that be?

Scinery

HSC
*You're a moron. The only strand of argument that you are presenting is that UTS has better facilities. So fucking what. Its not like you're going to be chained to a 1.5 million $ microscope for your time during the degree. Yes, I yield to your claim that when you graduate, people don't really care about where you graduated from. That may be true. That said, my initial claim was completely based on the experience one gains DURING uni, ceteris paribus. UTS has less prestige, you can't argue with that. Furthermore, allow me to put aside my words and present a purely statistical argument - the ATAR cutoffs for UNSW are a lot higher. Now why may that be?
Cutoffs mean nothing. If i was remotely interested in a communications or IT course i would definitely go to UTS. 97 is actually quite a high cutoff for Law when you consider it's so-called "low repuatation". It's got such a practical approach to education which i really like! Also central location is far superior to unsw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)