• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UWS UAI-Cut Offs So Low, Why ? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LaraB

nwatts said:
Oh please. You wanted "evidence". I gave it to you.

"Success" rates were one small part of the study. "Overall satisfaction" was the most heavily weighted part of the survey, so it seems what i'm saying is fairly correct. In comparison to other universities, UWS students aren't satisfied.
ok...find me one uws student whos ays they took part in this survey

show me the categories each area was tested under

they failed to take into consideration the huge number of mature age students at unis including uws

they so cleverly don't include part time employment thus ignoring half the population over 25 who no longer choose to work full time for a reason

percentages doesn't prove anything - La Trobe uni only runs 20or so courses is that.. they have very few students... UNE has largely post grads and external students who go back to extend their current studies... naturally they're going to have a lower drop out rate especially as a percentage as they have smaller numbers to start with

throwing a random study at people doesn't prove anything.... you obcviously do not understand the manner in which research is done and how research cannot conclusively provide evidence for an opinion unless sufficient factors are included and if the categories tested are provided..

the study does not prove that a uni is of a certain calibre

how do you explain sydney being ranked 10 when it was the only one even considered in the top unis in the world recently?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
LaraB said:
lol thanx nat:)

so peopel wantin 2 go 2 open day - check out the website, figure out transport and everything before you go! :) plan your day - you don't wanna find that you miss something you wanna go to coz you're on the other side of campus at the same time and can't get across to it....

ooh and if u wanna help us out - drop some hints about how you think a milkshake machine would be real good ;) coz we want one :)

oh um.i think my timestamp's screwy? u know how i can fix it?
I think my mum is driving me, I would have driven but the car I drived is stuffed. She wants to see what its like for my to drive there anyway. If not I'll catch the train, it only takes <15mins from Stratty to Parra. I can't wait to check it out since I am almost certainly going to UWS.

Btw to the people dissing UWS, it is the only uni that offers my degree and I have been told that it has one of the best law programs its just because of elitists that it has a bad rep

UWS is my first preference :)

L

LaraB

nwatts said:
Read this news article - http://www.abc.gov.au/news/australia/nsw/illawarra/200508/s1436064.htm. It seems reputable enough to me.
have you read it?!

its from the illawarra region, its promoting wollongong uni to put pressure on the government to give them more money

it has little if anything to do with the actual calibre of the unis

"An independent panel will look at the scores in recommending which institutions, possibly only seven in total, will get a slice of the extra $250 million over the next three years."

you obvsiouly exist outside the world of the CNN effect and political motives and the coalition government agenda..

EDIT: any valid point you had regarding the data is completely cut by this article as it more or less says that unis who used to be lower on the rankings put pressure on the AVCC to create a new methodology so they don't get jipped when the time comes to split the money...

read stuff carefully before you have a go at other people for not taking what you said as gospel

Last edited by a moderator:

nwatts

HSC
I'm sick of arguing with you guys. It's like talking to a bag of nails.

I'm not saying UWS is crap. You guys haven't read a line i've written.

I hope you all grow up someday. Call me when it happens, so we can all have a discussion rather than whatever the hell this is.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
nwatts said:

I hope you all grow up someday. Call me when it happens, so we can all have a discussion rather than whatever the hell this is.
I believe it is you who needs to do some growing up, YOU implied that UWS was crap, you don't even need to read between the lines to see it.
I don't put shit on any university, the way I see it, I should be greatful to have the opportunity to stay law no matter where it study it!

L

LaraB

nwatts said:

didn't bad the uni huh?

hmm.... hypocrite or lier? take ur pick - both cover your posts pretty well:

nwatts said:
Mass suicide.

UWS seems more like a support group for depressives than an actual university.
nwatts said:
I see UWS as a dumping ground for those who don't get the marks to go to better universities. This thread has illuminated such for those who didn't realise. Everyone I know of who goes to a UWS or has been there hates it and wishes they'd gone elsewhere.

I don't have first-hand UWS experience, but I have eyes and ears.
nwatts said:
Now you're accusing me of things you've pulled from your UWS-infected arse.

You're right, my friends won't be representitive of the general view on UWS. But, my experience has shown me that it's not a nice place to go. You bunch on this forum are the first i've ever heard of who have actually wanted to be there, and seem to enjoy it.
ps - yes i did read what you wrote, i did read the data you provided, i did read the article - and none of it provides decent evidence to support you opinion.

Unlike you, i actually read up on what youre opinion was and it is just plain wrong... just coz we're telling you you're wrong doesn't mean we have to 'grow up'...

it's as simple as this - you're wrong, your 'evidence' is flawed and contradicts your view, you were rude to start with which is why people criticised you, you have never been to any uni let alone UWS so you're views that it 'isn't a nice place to go to" is useless

Last edited by a moderator:

nwatts

HSC
Did I say in ANY of them that UWS is "crap"?

It's not defeat, it's retirement. I couldn't be bothered arguing with you guys. If you bunch are representitive of UWS students, then it's a worse uni than I initially realised.

L

LaraB

melsc said:
I was just abt to do that Lara defence exhibits a-c

hehe :)

lol i'm hating law atm haha.. got an assessment wednesday so it all sucks right now lol :p

L

LaraB

nwatts said:

It's not defeat, it's retirement. I couldn't be bothered arguing with you guys. If you bunch are representitive of UWS students, then it's a worse uni than I initially realised.
oh i'm sorry...

didn't realise you haven't heard of similes :rolleyes:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
nwatts said:

HELLO you just said in then??? Everything that you said IMPLIED that UWS is crap. That was a really cheap shot, take ur attitude elsewhere

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
natstar said:
Crap has many meanings, or didnt they teach you that in English. Your not going to help UOW any more by going there continuing the moron brigade.
And yes...it is defeat. You obviously can't say no more.
Obviously he is arguing that he did not directly say that "UWS is crap" well we could by that logic argue that we never said he was "wrong"
LaraB said:
hehe :)

lol i'm hating law atm haha.. got an assessment wednesday so it all sucks right now lol :p
wanna swap?

nwatts

HSC
natstar said:
Words can have many meanings, or didnt they teach you that in English. Your not going to help UOW any more by going there continuing the moron brigade.
And yes...it is defeat. You obviously can't say no more.
"Can't say no more?"

Sounds like a double negative to me! Should I keep going?

Helping UOW? I've applied, I haven't even started yet.

Man, you guys are stupid. *leaving thread*

L

LaraB

melsc said:
Obviously he is arguing that he did not directly say that "UWS is crap" well we could by that logic argue that we never said he was "wrong"

wanna swap?
lol love too! :p

i suppose its good in a way that he lives in wollongong and ad to that never intends on coming to uws.. we don't need any more rude people bumming around and annoying us in classes anyways:)

L

LaraB

nwatts said:
"Can't say no more?"

Sounds like a double negative to me! Should I keep going?

Helping UOW? I've applied, I haven't even started yet.

Man, you guys are stupid. *leaving thread*

wow don't understand similes or colloquial language! good luck at uni :rolleyes:

stupid people calling other people stupid - hooray for double negatives :p

L

LaraB

melsc said:
Ok u can do my HSC :p

He wouldn't suit UWs u guys are too nice :)
lol woudl gladly trade - was looking at my brother and ppl i tutor's stuff and i was like aww i remember that! :p quite sad how much you remember...

lol i got away with not doing readings for Crim last week coz it was all the stuff we did in global for hsc legal studies lol:)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
LaraB said:
lol woudl gladly trade - was looking at my brother and ppl i tutor's stuff and i was like aww i remember that! :p quite sad how much you remember...

lol i got away with not doing readings for Crim last week coz it was all the stuff we did in global for hsc legal studies lol:)
I do global :)

L

LaraB

natstar said:
Especially since he wants to do creative writing

haha!!! lol...no logic, no ability to take criticism, ignorance, poor understading of literary skills all in a few posts lol..

Mel - lol global's awesome!! its like. not the easiest but so much to talk about and you can bag all the governments in the world without copping slack for it lol:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)