• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UWS UAI-Cut Offs So Low, Why ? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Oh by the way these guys would know...I have been researching my uni options since abt year 10 and I have made my decision based on all the research I have done. I have been to all these open days and u know what, all the unis are the same shit...they all tell u we "pioneered small group teaching" etc so why dont I pick the uni that is closest to me, with the degree i want to do as opposed to something that is the equivalent of buying brand name clothes which are shit quality and all show

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
LaraB said:
Mel - lol global's awesome!! its like. not the easiest but so much to talk about and you can bag all the governments in the world without copping slack for it lol:p
LOL all I need to do to impress my teacher is meantion that Declarations are soft law pursuant to article 38(1) ICJ statute and thus not binding pactus sunt servanda and he is happy plus for effectiveness there is heaps to say it is ineffective...but arg so may L's to remember all witht he word evironment in them in different orders

L

LaraB

natstar said:
man i didnt even do researching coming to uni. Back then i didnt even know uni's had a ranking system. I just choose the course that look pretty
haha lol..well a lot of people use the ranking system and end up picking a 'pretty uni' anyways lol they don't even look that closely at the course...

one of my friends from school hadta pick between Arts Law and syd nsw and anu - picked sydney coz she thinks unsw is ugly

i mean unsw isn't even ugly anyways lol...

L

LaraB

melsc said:
LOL all I need to do to impress my teacher is meantion that Declarations are soft law pursuant to article 38(1) ICJ statute and thus not binding pactus sunt servanda and he is happy plus for effectiveness there is heaps to say it is ineffective...but arg so may L's to remember all witht he word evironment in them in different orders
you don't really need that many

i only lost 1 mark in anything for global and i used 2 precedents and a legislation generally per issues..

and like...Kyoto and Vienna/Montreal all kinda overlap for everything like..precautionary principle, global warming, economic results

if u write up a practice essay and then bullet point it as issue, example, case/legislation, result, redress measures and just read it over and over and over it'll probly help more than just reading essays coz its kinda likea map that you can apply to any essay:)

L

LaraB

melsc said:
I find UTS the ugliest but picking a uni on the appearance is stupid LOL...my first time to UWS will be this weekend
my mum went to uts from i think um... 1981-1984/5 or somethin? and she said it hasn't changed a bit lol...she said they always used to joke about how ugly it was..like reckon it was just done as quick and cheap as possible..

although, they got a bomb shelter lol :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
natstar said:
man i didnt even do researching coming to uni. Back then i didnt even know uni's had a ranking system. I just choose the course that look pretty
Thats the same as me nat. There are very few courses on tourism. It was either uni or tafe, and I didn't want to be a travel consultant - theres no guarantee you'll be in a job for a long time, even though its easy to get into. So it was uni, and the environmental part of the course is better than commerce, so that left one course out of every uni in Sydney. lol.

L

LaraB

melsc said:
yep I thought so...but my teacher was a lawyer so he expects a lot...an ex UWSer :)
lol well i mean... i did the minimum cases and stuff that was expected of us n i topped it in school... and people who did like..crazy amounts like full went and asked uni students fopr cases and stuff got like... low 90's...
so doens't always pay to do extra stuff :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
LaraB said:
lol well i mean... i did the minimum cases and stuff that was expected of us n i topped it in school... and people who did like..crazy amounts like full went and asked uni students fopr cases and stuff got like... low 90's...
so doens't always pay to do extra stuff :)
I know once i went a bit mad in yr 11 and when talking abt adversary system I was talking abt rules of evidence...I learnt it from mock trial...I was crapping on abt the rule in Brown and Dunn...ucky the teacher marking it thought it was a C and was happy

L

LaraB

melsc said:
I know once i went a bit mad in yr 11 and when talking abt adversary system I was talking abt rules of evidence...I learnt it from mock trial...I was crapping on abt the rule in Brown and Dunn...ucky the teacher marking it thought it was a C and was happy
haha ! yeah same!

our school... you weren' allowed to mock trial in year 12 coz it overlapped with hsc and trials.. which kinda sucked coz half of us were yr 10 and 11 and we were against all thess yr 12's who'd done all the stuff in legal..

but i did it in year 10 and 11 so i guess it helped heaps espec year 11 for basic principles and for year 12 for the crime unit :) coz you get a nice pile of precedents you can use that are fully explained for u in the mock trial :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
LaraB said:
haha ! yeah same!

our school... you weren' allowed to mock trial in year 12 coz it overlapped with hsc and trials.. which kinda sucked coz half of us were yr 10 and 11 and we were against all thess yr 12's who'd done all the stuff in legal..

but i did it in year 10 and 11 so i guess it helped heaps espec year 11 for basic principles and for year 12 for the crime unit :) coz you get a nice pile of precedents you can use that are fully explained for u in the mock trial :)
Yep and it helps with the crime case studies...PLUS all that onus, standard of proof questions and stuiff abt elements of crime u know alreay...what role were u?

I coached this years team so I could live through them

L

LaraB

melsc said:
Yep and it helps with the crime case studies...PLUS all that onus, standard of proof questions and stuiff abt elements of crime u know alreay...what role were u?

I coached this years team so I could live through them
lol same! wasn't really by choice but..coz my legal teacher was the coach and he'd be like can u have a look at this for us.." .. "sorry but do u mind going thru witness stuff.."
:hey wanna come and watch em..

and i ended up bein 2nd coach lol

although he's a bit obsessed with it lol he shoulda just been a lawyer:p he was even like once you graduate, work for a year, then i bags you as our official coach coz the ones they've sent us every year are always so lazy :p

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
the one I had almost confused me to tears bcoz we had her and my teacher both lawyers arguing over how I should structure stuff

I was so upset I missed out in yr 10 coz I didnt know abt tryouts so I did this other mediation comp by law soc and we got to the state semiz, the teacher was the same one and I told him how I wanted to do mick trial originally so I got a guarnteed spot on the net years team.,..THEN he made me solicitor for one round which I hated so I argued my way to barrister I did both 1 & 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)