V8 Supercars 2006 (1 Viewer)

bizadfar

HSC
Well, sunday i went west to Oran Park for the whole day.
The Octane, clutch, brake, burning rubber smell was awesome
race 2 v8s, aussie race cars, race 3 v8s, 4 guys drifting in monaro and a holden ute, 2 nissans, porsches, even formual ford(no front/rear wing!) were all great.

I've never seen V8s on site before, fuck they roar so loud, literally a thunderstorm. The Misfires and backfires also, really loud.

Great day.

Last edited:

lengy

HSC
Craig Lowndes in the Better Electrical Falcon won :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'm so pissed off that I didn't get to go to Oran Park. I really wanted to go, but great that Lowndes won the round and is now in the lead of the championship :D

Almost time for endurance races, I love the next two races!

In a few weeks I'm getting my tickets to Phillip Island :D:D:D:D

V8s are awesome in real life. I went to a few eastern creek rounds, and once I stod right at the exit of pit lane, at the white line, where drivers turn their pit lane speed limiter off, and the sound and feeling was awesome! Unlike anything I will ever see again.

ashh

HSC
lol my bf's boss took them all out 2 the V8s n they all got so drunk they were kicked out. naughty naughty...

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Bright/Winterbottom - Kelly brothers - Lowdnes/Whincup (I think) - Bowe/Jones - Johnson/Davidson.

We nearly got 1-2-3 if it weren't for bloody Kelly. Have to admit, he's not as dangerous as he used to be (remember him at Surfers that year?)

And yes, Cat, we know it was an awesome drive by Lowdnes. You should be happy with third, so no whinging about not catching the other two.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'm disapointed with third. Triple 8 made a big mistake by not pitting Whincup under the first safety car and forcing him to pit under green. They were just plain lucky that there was a safety car later in the race to fill the car up with fuel and the changable weather conditions where Lowndes is the master.

Too bad that weather didn't last long enough for Lowndes to catch the top 2.

There goes Ingall's claim for a second title. Unless he manages somehow to win Bathurst, but I doubt it.

Tander must be kicking himself, teaming up with Skaife. Anything Skaife touches breaks down :D

Well, Lowndes is still in the championship lead, so thats a good thing :D

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
It wasn't the weather that killed Lowndes, it was the traffic; he was getting pretty annoyed with them all in the later stages of the race because some were racing for position among themselves.

Also, that lock-up down at Dandedong Road didn't do much to help him.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You didn't read a word, did you?

The main thing that killed Lowndes was Whincup pitting for the compulsory pad change under green flags, while 99% of the field pitted under safety car, thus he went a lap down. And at the time everyone thought that he was out of the race contention.
Triple 8 should have pitted the 888 car under the safety car and double stinted Whincup. But its obvious that Lowndes is Triple 8's pin-up boy and hes the prefered driver there.

As for the traffic, where were the marshells? Shouldn't they have been waving blue flags?
The weather helped him, Lowndes is the best driver in changeable conditions, thats why he was making at times 2 seconds a lap on the guys infront of him.

Anyway: I'm very impressed with James Courtney's driving recently. Hes starting to out-qualify and out-race his team mate :)
If Lowndes / Whincup don't win Bathurst, I'd like Courtney / Seton to win. Too bad Bathurst is a month away :(

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I meant after he started making his comeback and was hunting down the likes of Johnson, Bowe, Kelly and Bright. Then he was hitting traffic and went off down at Turn 8. I only saw the last 40 laps; everyone else had taken the college's two TVs for the AFL. Thank the stars the big screen is already reserved for Bathurst ...

The marsahlls were waving blue flags; I noticed them especially down the back straight. I'm a little more concerned as to why they weren't questioning a few of those overtaking moves, especially Lowndes on Morris down at Turn 1. I know it Lowndes and therefore he's one step short of the Brothers Schumacher to you (check out Uncyclopedia's article on Formula One ... Google it if you have to, it's a classic) and therefore infallible, but that pass was questionable at best.

And it's a good thing Bathurst is a month away becauseI have four assignments due before break and two in the first week back. Bathurst is going to be my release from study for the time being.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
WOO! Lowdnes!, pity he couldnt get 1st or 2nd.

What do you guys think about the whole "legal loophole" that HSVDT and HRT are exploiting? It shoudlnt be allowed, drivers are supposed to stick to their own teams, but until they change it (which i suspect will be most likely for next year) it is technically legal to do it.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I assume you're referring to stacking driver line-ups so one car is your "All-Stars" team and the other is the "Second Fiddles"? That way, their chances of taking maximum points are improved if they win?

Well, it's a double-edged sword. You might be in the running for maximum championship points, but if you lose your steering just after the restart and go off the road down at Turn 4, you're screwed. Wait, that happened to Skaife! Imagine that ...

I recall that once at Bathurst - probably before I was born - Peter Brock (or as I like to refer to him now, "Sellout" because of that advertising deal he's done ... and he's also had plastic surgery for sure) retired from the race but was allowed to re-enter the race with the sister car and they went on to win.

Ironically, the logic used to be that you split your two drivers between the two cars instead of sticking them in one and the back-up drivers in the second car so that if one bombs out, the other is still in the hunt.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oh, gotcha, I'm following you now.
Hmm, yes that was a hairy moment with Morris, but backmarkers should have more commone sense to move out of the way. Even the 88 car blocked Lowndes down the back straight. Roland will have a big long talk with whoever was driving that car at the time.

As for the legal loophole - Was it team Tasman or some small outfit like that cross entered their drivers like that last year. No one made a fuss about it. But because its a top team with 2 championship contenders in it, everyone will make a big fuss.

Personally, I don't like it. Hopefully at Bathurst it will bite them in the ass. And they will look so stupid for doing it. But thats the price you pay for being Skaife's team mate :D
Tander was so guttered. Skaife could have cost him the championship :rofl:

ohdato

HSC
Seton win Bathurst! Thats unpossible!!!

CL drove the car into the ground and top effort by him. His move on Morris was totally legal he had him clean under braking Morris should of let go.
He had some gutsy moves around the outside of the backstraight. But by the end the tires had it and he was fustrated...evident with his lock up.
I've noticed he has gotten very aggressive towards lapped traffic in the last couple of round getting on the radio to get them out of the way it shows alot in his driving. But THE KID is back baby!!!

Well done to Bright he wasn't a prick and played defensive like a pro. That said Rick needs to go through puberty. Whiny voiced girly kid.

Even if it is a legal loop hole, they cant test all 4 cars (only 1 each team) so there isn't much of advantage other than having 4 full time drivers together in each car (3 of the 4 have won bathurst before). If anything they limit themselves by both being under the TWR flag.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
My understanding is that because the two teams are owned by TW, there number of test days are halved (down to 3), however they can run all 4 cars at once.

Sometimes its an advantage, sometimes its not.

I agree with you ohdato, how old is rick. That boy still hasn't gone through puberty. He speaks worse than a girl :p Infact he talks worse than a screaming high pitch girl. Grr ... stop interviewing him channel 10, the boy is an idiot.

V8 supercars is set for a face lift next year. Points only down to 15th position, and qualifying will now be changed to Formula one shoot out structure. Top 10 shoot out removed for all races except Sandown and Bathurst.

I don't like it, they only needed to adjust the points system, not stuff around with qualifying. Top 10 shootout was a V8 supercar thingo. Stupid idiots changing crap again to make more money :mad1:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
When you really think about it, knockout-based qualifying is really a glorified Top 10 Shoot-out. Difference is that it applies to everyone.

And I notice you now have Kimi in your signature ...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I much liked the idea of the top 10 shoot out. One lap, the driver must drive at 100% for the one lap or end up 10th. But the knockout system is known for blocking, and this will obviously happen at Adelaide, Indy, Symmonds Plains etc. Its alright to have 22 cars out on track, but this is 31. I can already see the whinges of the field complaining about blocking.

Argh, I just realised after Monza, theres a 3 week break in F1 and V8s until Bathurst / Japan on the same day :(

ObjectsInSpace said:
And I notice you now have Kimi in your signature ...
Does it meet your approval?
After all, hes coming to the red barron team next season :)

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
They should keep the shootout, its what makes the v8's qualifing so unique, plus as cape said, the whole 31 cars at once and the blocking.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
One would assume AVESCO would extend the sessions - possibly starting late Fridays with the final two on Saturdays - to prevent everyone being out there over the course of an hour. A limit on the maximum number of laps allowed would also stop congestion and inject some of the "everything or nothing" factor into the laps.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
As far as I'm aware DTM and V8 supercars are the only forms of motorsport that I am aware that have a top 10 shootout.

The qualifying format will also be different in 2007, aside from Sandown and Bathurst which remains unchanged.

At all other events there will be a 45 minute session with all cars participating in the first 15 minutes, then the fastest 20 cars for the next 15 minutes and the top ten for the final 15 minutes to decide poll position.
Thats less time that the cars spend on the track to compared now. Exactly the same as Formula one, except with more cars.
Its stupid, it won't work for a touring car formula.

Stupid, AVESCO have officially lost it :burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)