Vacation Work (1 Viewer)

H?

buddy
HSC
baker182 said:
i got a call today too, they said they are sending the invites via email, but i have'nt got one let. Have they sent you an email?
Received mine at 4:11PM.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
NiKz*~ said:
just got a call from Ey and PwC, they said they've finished going through all their apps
As in, you got a call requesting an interview/attendance at info session or a call with an offer for placement?

NiKz*~

HSC
haha yeah i meant calls for interviews

Last edited:

KittySanchez

HSC
Are any of you guys going to the EY info evening?? I wonder what % of ppl are accepted from those who attend the assessment centre...Im freaking out cause I heard its really hard!! :(

ricenoodles

HSC
What division did you get an interview with at EY, KittySanchez?
From what I recall, the number of people selected to attend the EY assessment centre was much smaller than Deloitte. I 'think' about 50% (possibly less) make it through, but it depends on each division.

KittySanchez

HSC
Hey Ricenoodles, are you @ EY atm? I got into TAS. Have no idea how to prepare for the assessment centre...i do know that im going to have to sit an exam though. Ive never done any form of ability/psychometric testing before, so i dont think my chances are good. Any tips would be appreciated!!! :)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
EY assessment centre is long but it's not too bad. Just be yourself and you'll be fine. It's like 2 interviews, group activity and psychometric tests.

H?

buddy
HSC
Just got a call from Deloitte. Information Evening, Group Assessment + Partner Interview.

KittySanchez

HSC
H? said:
Just got a call from Deloitte. Information Evening, Group Assessment + Partner Interview.
lol deloitte just rang me aswell...wasnt expecting them to do that on a saturday!?!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
There is work life balance :p. After they analyse all the applications and call all the people they probably get a day off next week ;)

ks21

HSC
Anyone get a call for Trowbridge Deloitte? EY ABC?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Nice work brogan. Deloitte's info evening is just a drinks and chat session. You can chat to various managers, partners, etc and find out more about what you applied for. I guess it's just a way of you finding out more info so you're more prepared for the interview. If you already have a good idea of what you applied for then that's alright.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm inclined to think that if one puts too much importance/priority on midsems over getting the job- esp when midsems aren't really worth that much (at least at UNSW they aren't)...

Conspirocy

HSC
seremify007 said:
I'm inclined to think that if one puts too much importance/priority on midsems over getting the job- esp when midsems aren't really worth that much (at least at UNSW they aren't)...
acct2542 midsession - consolidations 50%, stuff that and ur waiting a year to do it again...freaking out lol

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
brogan77 said:
It's worth 20%

If you can afford to throw away 20% of your mark, good for you.
I was under the impression that he/she meant studying for midsems as opposed to the actual midsem exam itself since it's like 5:30pm-8:00pm right?

Anyhow, it's not like it's a study or get 0 affair is it?

As for the 50% for consolidations... then that's fair enough. I guess I'm still used to first years getting 15/20% midsessions where the difference between not studying (75%) and studying (90%) is only a couple of marks.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Fair enough. I guess info sessions aren't really that important in the grand scheme of things, but it doesn't hurt if your recruiters are already looking forward to seeing you again at the interview. As a suggestion, if there was something ultra important on, you could always try moving your exam- I've been able to move my exams to other sessions. I'm sure they'd understand.

On a sidenote, I know how you feel though. You wager between compromising your study/attendance to help get a job and it's hard to tell how much time you should dedicate to each. I guess for me the choice was easy- I knew that once (or if) I got the offer, my marks wouldn't be as important, and at the time, it was only half-yearly exams and not even HSC Trials...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)