Vacation Work (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
brogan77 said:
I meant Frigay, bitch. :)
LOL.. just remember a good rule of thumb is to not post anything on a forum which you wouldn't want your employer (or recruiter) to see :)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
I cant wait to delegate my photocopying to Vaci's :p

Kidding...not even I get photocopying...which is good...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Meads said:
I cant wait to delegate my photocopying to Vaci's :p

Kidding...not even I get photocopying...which is good...
Shhh!!! That's insider information! (the first bit not the second)! jkjk

Last edited:

KittySanchez

HSC
Hey guys, anyone going to/has been through the e+y assessment day and have any advice?? Its going to be a LONG day!!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
The day goes by pretty fast actually! It's usually like this:

- Info session and talk
- Group activity
- Psychometric test
- Interview 1
- Lunch
- Interview 2
- Tour

Usually it's in a different order for everyone as you rotate around. Just be yourself and you'll be fine. Don't be too quiet or too dominant in the group activity. Don't stress out too much in the psychometric test. The numercal one is harder and in the end it really doesn't count for that much so just do what you can. The interviews are important and just try your best to impress the interviewers (especially the 2nd one).

KittySanchez

HSC
Thx jasee! Im just freaking out cause its runs for 7 hours! The 2nd interview is technical right??

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
First interview is usually with a manager and second one is usually with a principal or partner. The first one is usually more behavioural based and is more structured. Just try to answer those questions as best you can. Remember to give the situation, the task you did, the action you took and the result (what they call the STAR model). So for example, a time when you had to solve a problem.

Second interview may rehash some of the stuff from the first interview but its more of a casual chat. The principal/partner is usually the one saying yes/no at the end, so I guess you have to just get along with them and just engage in a conversation. You should ask them questions rather than them asking you and just tell them what you are interested in and show your interest in the job.

KittySanchez

HSC
Great advice! Btw jasee, do you know of any sites with mock questions on the numerical+verbal test??

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Apparently we get a vaccy on our year end job in January, yay!

I think Jase has the assessment centre tips (EY) pretty much covered. Always show a genuine interest, always maintain eye contact, those sorta things don't go unnoticed.

Some inside info...apparently people were screened at the vaccy info drinks night thingy

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Congrats Brogan- do tell us when you've decided which firm you'll be spending your holidays at! :)

I had a great fun day of helping out at Conquest- if any of you guys were at Conquest today for FARSG/BA (Friday 22/9/06) give me a shout :)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
brogan77 said:
Hahahaha, that's pretty funny, cos I remember meeting this guy on the Assessment day who I saw on the drinks nights, he was the only guy who didn't wear business attire...instead he wore jeans and a loud red polo...he was rather embarassed. :eek:

In other news, I've had two offers, thus far, one from a big 4, another from a mid tier.
I remember the day when you telling me you were applying for them :)
cool you got accepted....and by two of them!

lizbon

HSC
congrats to brogan, i've also gotten 2 offers both from big 4 firms in assurance (financial services), it's gonna be tough call since the staff at both firms have been great to me.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL what a dilemma. If you have any Q's and it's related to my firm, just PM me and maybe I'll be able to help out (in as much an unbiased fashion as possible!). Congratulations on getting two Big4 offers though!

brogan77 said:
Did u see a guy called Nick? A greek guy?
Nup. Wasn't in my group (*looks at roll*)- he might've been in the other room.

timmy999

tetete
HSC
Heya all,

For those who have already got offers for the Big4, what were the pay rates??? I got an offer from a 2ndtier at $20.50, and friends tell me the big4 is around $24. Have they been bumped up this year?

chuckers

turtleface

HSC
timmy999 said:
Heya all,

For those who have already got offers for the Big4, what were the pay rates??? I got an offer from a 2ndtier at $20.50, and friends tell me the big4 is around $24. Have they been bumped up this year?

chuckers
i'm big 4 melb this holidays and its $25, i think syd gets more

last yr melb was 24 ph

Last edited:

lizbon

HSC
seremify007 said:
LOL what a dilemma. If you have any Q's and it's related to my firm, just PM me and maybe I'll be able to help out (in as much an unbiased fashion as possible!). Congratulations on getting two Big4 offers though!

Nup. Wasn't in my group (*looks at roll*)- he might've been in the other room.
cheers mate, i would love to hear ur opinion.

btw i think you were in my group for the COMSOC careers guide.

to timmy999, the pay rates $26/hr for the big 4 firms i got into.

turtleface

HSC
damnit sydney always gets more

but then agan maybe its just my firm

timmy999

tetete
HSC
I spose thats pretty good $26....altho it looks like spare change to vac's at CSFB and UBS...$1550 a week!!! then again, theyll be working 25 hours a day, whereas big4 will be a bit more cruisy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)