Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
You do realise that countries like Pakistan have very high levels of political tension with the US right? They do not support terrorists becauae they are Muslim per se, but because they are anti-US. Its the same reason why a lot of Pakistanis support China, not because they're Muslim (lol), but because China does not really get along with the US either.

Im not justifying this anti-US sentiment by any means, I think it is rather silly. All I am saying is that Pakistanis don't hate the US because of religion, there are a plethora of political reasons why. The same applies for many Arab countries.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
You do realise that countries like Pakistan have very high levels of political tension with the US right? They do not support terrorists becauae they are Muslim per se, but because they are anti-US.
I don't care what reason peopel want to try to justify it as, it is still unacceptable.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I didn't realise that all these protests are only over the 14 minute trailer of the movie. I watched it and though that was the whole movie. How will people react when the full feature length film is released?

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
I don't care what reason peopel want to try to justify it as, it is still unacceptable.
I never justified this behaviour lol did u even read my whole post.

I simply said that this behaviour is more likely due to political strife than any real religious reason

7eleven

HSC
N/A
"Pakistanis support China, not because they're Muslim (lol), but because China does not really get along with the US either." = +1

It's also because china can provide Pakistan with support if it were to enter a war with India or America.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

I simply said that this behaviour is more likely due to political strife than any real religious reason
Well for-whatever reason it is 'likely' from, it is not acceptable and either it stops or something has to be done about it.

7eleven

HSC
N/A

This blokes got it right.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Well for-whatever reason it is 'likely' from, it is not acceptable and either it stops or something has to be done about it.
Ok, but then dont affiliate such anti-american feelings expresse by people in muslim countries with a religion. I think thats whats JINOUGA is trying to get at.

Last edited:

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Yes but that was not the point you were originally making, the point you were trying to make was that being Muslim was the *cause* of this, which it isnt necessarily

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Yes but that was not the point you were originally making, the point you were trying to make was that being Muslim was the *cause* of this, which it isnt necessarily

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
You do realise that countries like Pakistan have very high levels of political tension with the US right? They do not support terrorists becauae they are Muslim per se, but because they are anti-US. Its the same reason why a lot of Pakistanis support China, not because they're Muslim (lol), but because China does not really get along with the US either.

Im not justifying this anti-US sentiment by any means, I think it is rather silly. All I am saying is that Pakistanis don't hate the US because of religion, there are a plethora of political reasons why. The same applies for many Arab countries.
Actually, they're not so stupid as to support someone just because they hate their major ally. It's more about an institutionalised fear of India than anything. Concern about India's influence in a Taliban-free Afghanistan leads to Pakistan supporting the Haqqani's and others in order to prevent their encirclement by pro-Indian forces, whilst China's continuing dispute with India about their borders (as well as the larger rivalry as rising superpowers) pushes them into China's arms.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Actually, they're not so stupid as to support someone just because they hate their major ally. It's more about an institutionalised fear of India than anything. Concern about India's influence in a Taliban-free Afghanistan leads to Pakistan support the Haqqani's and others to prevent their encirclement by pro-Indian forces, whilst China's continuing dispute with India about their borders (as well as the larger rivalry as rising superpowers) pushes them into China's arms.
True I guess :)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Ok, dent dont affiliate such anti-american feelings expresse by people in muslim countries with a religion. I think thats whats JINOUGA is trying to get at.
Okay, for arguments sake, lets assume you are both right and it is nothing to do with Islam. The problem (not Islam, but culture etc) still remains and still needs to be dealt with.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
AUSTRALIAN Muslim children are at risk of being groomed in extremist anti-Western ideology by radicalised parents, posing a new challenge to national security agencies, a leading terrorism expert has warned.

The comments by security expert Clive Williams came as NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell launched a hunt for the family of a young child photographed holding a sign that read "Behead all those who insult the Prophet" during violent riots in Sydney at the weekend.

Professor Williams told a Sydney security conference that Australian authorities needed to be wary of attempts to groom young children for hatred with "seductive" promises of paradise in the afterlife as happened in countries such as Pakistan. He said the nation's immigrant population needed "careful management" as technology and social media made radicalisation easier, increasing the risk of home-grown or lone-wolf style terror attacks.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...g-their-children/story-e6frg6nf-1226476147233

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Actually, they're not so stupid as to support someone just because they hate their major ally. It's more about an institutionalised fear of India than anything. Concern about India's influence in a Taliban-free Afghanistan leads to Pakistan supporting the Haqqani's and others in order to prevent their encirclement by pro-Indian forces, whilst China's continuing dispute with India about their borders (as well as the larger rivalry as rising superpowers) pushes them into China's arms.
Just a point id like to make. If Pakistan and India entered war again, America and China would get involved too. Both India and Pakistan are equipped with nukes. I'm pretty sure both nations would decide against a war for the time being for it will only possibly lead to a WW3.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Okay, for arguments sake, lets assume you are both right and it is nothing to do with Islam. The problem (not Islam, but culture etc) still remains and still needs to be dealt with.
It is more to do with a lack of education, excessive involvement of religious figures in politics and how easily ubeducated people are influenced to do stupid shit by these senior authority figures who often use religion as an excuse to rile these people up to achieve their own political agenda.

Religion is an extremely sensitive issue and people who dont know better will do any stupid shit if told by a religious figure it is right. So I really think the two main issues are the lack of education and the fact that religion is too mixed up in politics

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Just a point id like to make. If Pakistan and India entered war again, America and China would get involved too. Both India and Pakistan are equipped with nukes. I'm pretty sure both nations would decide against a war for the time being for it will only possibly lead to a WW3.
God you post useless shit. Besides the fact that this is a red herring, what possible reason would the US or China have to jump head first into a nuclear showdown?

7eleven

HSC
N/A
God you post useless shit. Besides the fact that this is a red herring, what possible reason would the US or China have to jump head first into a nuclear showdown?
I think otherwise. Why wouldn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)