Virginia Tech Shootings (Merged) (1 Viewer)

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
Re: Virginia Tech Shootings

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

If someone else there had a gun they could've taken this fuck down and saved 20 something lives, so I don't see where gun control comes into it given this guy would've been able to find a gun had he really wanted it.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC

withoutaface said:
If someone else there had a gun they could've taken this fuck down and saved 20 something lives, so I don't see where gun control comes into it given this guy would've been able to find a gun had he really wanted it.
So you want uni students to carry loaded guns into university classrooms?

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC

wheredanton said:
I doubt it. People are talking about disarming the US population. Never going to happen.
amen.

"Disarming" may work in a long, long period of time. The way I see it is the US has screwed themself over by allowing people to have guns for such a long time. There are shooting clubs and infinite amount of members. It's part of US cultural history. Any movement to disarm would just lead to worse violence. There's still the argument that citizens may want to keep guns for self-defence purposes, hold-ups etc. Serious issues concerning corruption/inability to enforce laws/ increased levels of crime which can't be addressed by authorities and are often unseen.
Another point is that since 9/11, the US, for whatever reason have placed emphasis, as we all know, on "Terrorism" and what I see as revenge acts (however deservant). The result of this is what citizens may choose to argue for "fear of terrorism" to keep firearms anyway.
There really has to be another way to address the issue.

What I cease to understand is how the school, who received two bomb threats the previous week, failed to go into any sort of lockdown or emergency state. It's as if the gunman planned it, if there is any connection, so that students/staff would not have expected the attack.

Gay Captain

HSC

One of the most populous countries in the world

Most likely to have a certain amount of nutcases

Millions of gun owners across the world did not commit a crime today. Or any other day.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC

TDjie said:
What I cease to understand is how the school, who received two bomb threats the previous week, failed to go into any sort of lockdown or emergency state. It's as if the gunman planned it, if there is any connection, so that students/staff would not have expected the attack.
"The previous week"

Do you know how many bomb threats/massacre threats/ etc happen every week in the states? If they locked down for each one no one would ever go to school.

It's a difficult thing to figure out which are serious and which are hoaxes. It's not taken lightly but it can't be taken that seriously when it happens so often.

Gay Captain

HSC

By the way, anyone who uses a tragedy such as this to make cheap points against American society as a whole is quite sick, and there's no way to justify it.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

withoutaface said:
Agreed, infact its happened in many american schools since columbine. If anything this is support for "shall issue" laws so that any individual that wants to cary a gun around in their bag, their purse or whatever, can do so...even into classrooms or wherever else they are.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC

Serius said:
Agreed, infact its happened in many american schools since columbine. If anything this is support for "shall issue" laws so that any individual that wants to cary a gun around in their bag, their purse or whatever, can do so...even into classrooms or wherever else they are.
Oh yeah. Real smart.

Lets go in the opposite direction of gun control because that's not an option.

Idiot.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

yeah i dont think thats appropriate
i certainly wouldnt want students carrying desert eagles or any other guns in their school bag just for self protection, and plus that increases the risk of a madman having access to a prohibited weapon
i think america needs to have stricter rules enforced on current and potential gun owners, and if that doesnt happen, then well see a lot more of these shootings in the near future

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC

It's not just in the future.

This has happened many many times before, just not in such a large scale.

It'll be IMMENSELY difficult to get more gun control. It's a right of an American citizen to be armed. You don't renege on that easily after a few hundred years.

no10scott

HSC

Serius said:
so your saying that you should be able to carry a gun around anywhere, wouldnt this make incidents like this more common??

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

would you say this is the equivalent of the port arthur massacre?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC

jemsta said:
would you say this is the equivalent of the port arthur massacre?
A similar number of people were killed but that's about it.

Why would you want to draw an equivalent? Every situation like this is going to have it's own complexities and differences.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

Tulipa said:
A similar number of people were killed but that's about it.

Why would you want to draw an equivalent? Every situation like this is going to have it's own complexities and differences.
I think he wants to draw an equivelent because Australia introduced strong gun control laws after that incident, and now some people are talking about doing the same thing.

so your saying that you should be able to carry a gun around anywhere, wouldnt this make incidents like this more common??
How would everyone owning a gun make a shooting more likely? it would be a massive deterent if every state allowed anyone to carry a gun on them because as soon as some fool tries to pull a klebold, half the class pulls out their own weopons and shoots him down before he can kill a dozen people.

good article: http://www.newswithviews.com/Johnston/patrick4.htm

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC

Serius said:
I think he wants to draw an equivelent because Australia introduced strong gun control laws after that incident, and now some people are talking about doing the same thing.

How would everyone owning a gun make a shooting more likely? it would be a massive deterent if every state allowed anyone to carry a gun on them because as soon as some fool tries to pull a klebold, half the class pulls out their own weopons and shoots him down before he can kill a dozen people.

good article: http://www.newswithviews.com/Johnston/patrick4.htm
Great.

So hand a mentally disabled kid a gun, them let him get killed for (in his mind) playing with it when others see it as attacking them.

Smart kiddo.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

Tulipa said:
Great.

So hand a mentally disabled kid a gun, them let him get killed for (in his mind) playing with it when others see it as attacking them.

Smart kiddo.
you know very well guns are restricted to mentally capable adults[disproving your scenario two fold] who have had a background check as well as most states making you take a gun safety class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)