Visual Arts Changed (1 Viewer)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/exam-changes/pdf_doc/visual-arts.pdf

Apparently we got to 1 essay question on frames, conceptural framework and practice and they have to be a minium of 1000 words
Just a small correction - they don't have to be a minimum of 1000 words. That is the recommended approximate length. The BOS are doing this with all subjects and 1000 words is what the person who uses average writing should write in 8 exam booklet pages and thus they should be able to get full marks with that quantity.

You can still write more or less.

brendroid

HSC
Doesn't actually sound too different to what they seem to have wanted in the past :) how many people in past years have written about 8 pages?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Doesn't actually sound too different to what they seem to have wanted in the past :) how many people in past years have written about 8 pages?
It really isn't any different except that now there is a guide to how much to write so hopefully students won't be writing 16 pages essays etc.

AmieLea

HSC
i dont think it'll be that hard... the booklets are smaller and lines are more spaced out.. i'm writing about 5 normal pages on section2- would this be enough do you think? :(

brendroid

HSC
I think 5 pages should be enough to answer the question well. You need to use as much of the time available as you can, but you also want to write a quality response. My question is, what type of marks are you getting for your 5 page responses?

TyndallTkd

HSC
that sounds okayy. 1000 words is the reccommended length.
i have worked my way up to 11pages for my section 3 with full marks for it each time.
in yr 11 i wrote about 6 pages for a section 3 and got 15/20 (ish) i dont have the exact mark on me though.
good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)