w00t finally drove a straight 4 (1 Viewer)

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Normally drive a three-cylinder daihatsu charade, got my green p's today so mum finally trusted us behind the wheel of her 1.6 pulsar, man it was awesome.

Put it in top at 80 and floor it, normally it bogs down in my car and takes a while to take off, in the pulsar it shoots up to 110. You really appreciate the surplus low to mid range torque with a decent size engine.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
This better be troll.

Try a big straight six dude. Or better yet, a V8... THEN you know what driving is.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
No I'm serious. I'd like to, but aren't those engines very expensive on fuel and repairs?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Fuel yes, if you drive aggressively. If you take it slow, it's pretty good... They tend to use less fuel, feel smoother and be quieter while cruising on the highway (due to lower rev ranges at higher speeds). 6's especially.

Will never beat a 4-banger in traffic though.

Repairs... Only if you don't maintain your car properly... And if you go for a lower build quality engine (like old Fords and Holdens). It's just common sense.

The old 'yota V6's go forever, without many hiccups. A lot of other types of engines are the same.

Truth is though, I see more 4's on the side of the road with hazards on around here... Probably cause this is a particularly hard area for the little cars to cope with...

I drove a Suzuki Swift for the first two months of my reds... Got my EA Falcon and will never go back to a 4. It's good to have power in reserve for situations that call for it. I used to find that simple things like overtaking etc. in the Swift was just dangerous.

EDIT: V8's use as much petrol as a 3 or 4-banger just idling hahaha (over exaggeration, but may as well be true).

Last edited:

hectic_lowie

Banned
HSC
holy fuck you are actually retarded

do you have asbergers or is it not diagnosed yet

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Dude... That directed at me?

Do you actually drive? Do you know anything about cars?

People on this forum would back me up.

I do not have asbergers... Nor did my post exhibit any symptoms. You fail.

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Who the hell are you anyway?

I'll refer you to another thread that has all of these FACTS posted by other members if you like.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Ask any enthusiast or mechanic on this forum. You'll know the extent of which you fail.

You is trollin'.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I'd take a high compression inline 4 over a v6/v8 any day. Wheres the fun in power if its right there for the taking

hectic_lowie

Banned
HSC
the guy here at work who gave me shotgun shells

told me all about the celica GT four he had a few years ago
with 240kw at the wheells

omg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)