w00t finally drove a straight 4 (1 Viewer)

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
and rough

and the ride in any subaru i have ever been in can only be described as harsh

AliDee

HSC
personal choice?

I have coilovers in with damper adjust etc. doesn't ride too harsh. Could be cause most subaru's are AWD.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
awd =/= cause harsh ride

hard suspension causes a harsh ride

arman

HSC
hey ausbluesman i also drive an EA - to be honest they are pretty shit - although they are smooth to drive and parts are relatively cheap - they are basically a mechanics nightmare - the computers fuck up and run rough for no reason. also the 3 speed auto (what i have) is really sluggish. my corrola 4 speed manual was so much better off the mark but really the straight 6 has alot more power and rear wheel drive is so much funner to drive.

also fuel consumption is pretty shit on the EA (well it is a six cylinder) but I guess if your not flogging it - its pretty good

anyways the EA was probably the most problematic falcon brought out due to it being the first e-series with a lot of stuff being changed - the EB had alot of these problems fixed (but series 1 still used the same throttlebody injected engine)

but the EA is still running fine now and it is more unpredictable than unreliable

EDIT: I am good at contradictions :)

arman

HSC
mmmm

I would rather a commodore - but the ea's a family car - so I'm not paying rego, etc :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)