Wanting to drop business studies. SO BORING!! (1 Viewer)

t00l

HSC
Hey guys. I want to drop business studies in yr 12 because for some reason, i always fall asleep in business. Its just so boring, reading about Jo's firm or Terry's restaurant and answering questions all day. Dropping biz will however, leave me with only 10 units and i dont feel safe with that :(
Currently ive got

business studies
music
chem
ext 1 eng
ext1 math

if i drop business, what can i take up? im willing to do ext 2 eng and/or possibly ext 2 math (if im brave). im fine with music and chem.

muzeikchun852

HSC
i assume u still in year 11, right? for year 11, u have to do at least 12 units until the end of term 3. so if ure going to drop business u have to pick up one subject.

if i drop business, what can i take up? im willing to do ext 2 eng and/or possibly ext 2 math (if im brave). im fine with music and chem.
u cant do either 4u eng or 4u maths until year 12.

Sadiah

HSC
Hey guys. I want to drop business studies in yr 12 because for some reason, i always fall asleep in business. Its just so boring, reading about Jo's firm or Terry's restaurant and answering questions all day. Dropping biz will however, leave me with only 10 units and i dont feel safe with that :(
Currently ive got

business studies
music
chem
ext 1 eng
ext1 math

I was in the same boat when I was at your level. I hated Business Studies as well!

I totally agree that it's plain boring.

For me it was boring because it was too easy - nothing challenging compared to my other subjects.

Nevertheless, in Year 11, I ended up dropping IPT because it was a totally time-wasting subject for me, and this had left me with 10 units which meant I can't drop anything more :(

So I tagged along with Business Studies through Year 12 =)

At the end of the day, however, I aced Business so it didn't really make a difference anymore ..

So, it's ultimately your decision to drop it or keep it. Let me tell you one thing though, if you find it boring because you are finding it difficult, then drop it. If you are finding it boring but reckon it's easy, I suggest you think twice about dropping it.

&& keep into account that the majority of HSC students do keep 10 units in Year 12 and do indeed achieve ATARs that they desired.

Btw, I don't like your avatar, lol. :p:p

Rage_Quitter

HSC
I love Business Studies *Cough Cough*

Nah, actually it's quite interesting, yet at times it's common sense. Originally thought about dropping it, but eventually I figured I'll keep it.

FTW

HSC
Join the club, I want to drop business too... I need more time to sleep/work I only have 4 frees every fortnight atm.... however without business, I would get 12. Year 12 can't come soon enough.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It's quite easy to get strong marks in, so it's a good back up class. However, if you really don't like it, then drop it for year 12. No point in wasting time on something you hate.

jonowang

HSC
haha i pretty much hate business as well. seems like alot of ppl dont like the subject

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I almost fall asleep in class too.

but still doing it.

Rodger Gu

HSC
If you're bored in it I would definitely recommend you to drop.

If you don't see it as much of a challenge then try to work ahead of the class when the teacher is explaining.

If you think it is an utter waste of time then just do your other school stuff during business.

Rodger Gu

HSC
My teacher is highly engaging so if we don't pay attention and he asks us a question we don't' know, we get embarrassed.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I was in your position too. Absolutely hated the subject, since it was boring and so not challenging.. dropped it in year 12; try to hang on for now.

Rodger Gu

HSC
I'm probably going to drop that, I don't think many people have turned out to be millionaires after being "inspired" by the Preliminary/HSC course.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
see if your exam results are good first.

you're only in year 11, so its a bit too early

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Keep it unless it's taking up heaps of your time/you detest it/your marks are horrible despite working hard

My advice: It's yr 11, just keep it for now and see how you go in the yearlies :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)