wat happens if u fuck up trials? (1 Viewer)

runnable

HSC
over9k said:
is it pretty much game over?

Depends on how much you mess it up by... But usually, its hard to catch up, but definitely not game over in terms of UAI.

Cuz i find it hard to believe say a person ranked 1 getting like 20% out of sudden... So a mess up for that person may not be that bad after all (say ranked 12th with 82%)... That is not gonna mess up their person's UAI that much.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Depends what your rank is. If you get a bad rank at the end of all the school assessments, then you're disadvantaged. If you still got a good rank, you're alright.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
You work harder.

My HSC trial marks (only one band 6):
English Advanced: 87/100
Ancient History: 85/100
History Extension: 47/50
3 unit Mathematics: 32/50
Software design and development: 85/100

My UAI: 99.85 :D

(Admittedly, band 5's/3's aren't really 'fucking up'. But I don't think you would expect someone with those sorts of Trial HSC marks to get into Combined Law/Commerce at USYD. So, just work harder than ever, post-trial HSC. And LEARN from your mistakes i.e. maybe your time management could have been handled a bit better, maybe the sorts of questions / topics examined weren't really covered that well in your private study, maybe your 'brilliant' exam responses aren't so brilliant after all. The Trials are there for a reason though; for you to fuck up, if you were going to fuck up. At least here, though, you fuck up where it counts less (i.e. not in your actual HSC exams). So use what you learn from the experience, and do better next time.)

Cheers and goodluck kiddos!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
over9k said:
No.

lyounamu said:
Yes. Because trials are worth like 40% to 50% (usually).
I think your forgetting that internal assessments only accounts to 50% of your overall HSC mark.

My school made the English trials worth 0% which meant all our marks came from our assessments meaning if you drafted you could very well come in with a very good assessment mark - considering the students that did that were top students so it would only enhance their mark. The only downfall was some students didn't take it seriously (as in I know of a few who did nothing didn't write down anything but their name) so the following year they changed that.

So yes they are important but if you do badly in them, there is no point thinking that you have stuffed your HSC and putting in little to no effort. You just do the best you can and hope your ranks weren't that bad.

Last edited:

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
live.fast said:
You work harder.

(Admittedly, band 5's/3's aren't really 'fucking up'. But I don't think you would expect someone with those sorts of Trial HSC marks to get into Combined Law/Commerce at USYD. So, just work harder than ever, post-trial HSC. And LEARN from your mistakes i.e. maybe your time management could have been handled a bit better, maybe the sorts of questions / topics examined weren't really covered that well in your private study, maybe your 'brilliant' exam responses aren't so brilliant after all. The Trials are there for a reason though; for you to fuck up, if you were going to fuck up. At least here, though, you fuck up where it counts less (i.e. not in your actual HSC exams). So use what you learn from the experience, and do better next time.)

Ah...that is very nice to know.

However, as for the initial, simply no. A girl I know received a 99+ UAI despite 'crashing' in every one of her trial exams due to illness (no, she didn't go to James Ruse).

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
I say if you fail your trials... its usually game over. Unless you make this huge comeback, like top everything, they might do something about it.

michael1990

HSC
over9k said:
Depends on a number of factors.

Are you coming first in all your subjects?
Is there a huge gap between each persons assessment ranking (mark so far)?
What is a stuff up? 80%?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
haha i was killed in my trials. and with my trial marks i was estimated with a uai of about 60. so meh. worked out alright in the end.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
As far as i know the HSC exams are th biggest determining factor towards your HSC but if you dont muck it up you will be fine.

yer8899

HSC
its pretty bad if you stuff up trials. however, dont be upset getting a average, as most schools set the trials to be harder than the actual final HSC exam.

over9k

HSC
sorry for not incl. info. im coming 1st-3rd in all of my subjects and i go to a shit school and am estimating <60% for all of my subjects in trial exams, if even. i think my school is ranked in the 400-500s. been procrastinating the whole year and just studied night before exams >_<.
subs:
-bizstudies 2/4x
-bio 1/10?.
-anchistory 2/1x
-genmaths (lol) 1/2x
-englishstd. either 1st/2nd / 30-40

if my ranks turned out to be ... 5-7th in all my subs would i be expecting a low uai even if i perform well in the externals? >_>

Last edited:

A711

HSC
You work harder.

Hey, could you give a breakdown your estimated ATAR based on raw HSC marks? (eg. 3 Band 6's = 95 etc.)
Assuming you have an average/middle rank.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
if you screw up trials in any subject except MX2 or I think it is certain languages
pray/hope that you do extremely well in HSC exam.

A711

HSC
If you're optimistic: 50% HSC will fix your trial fails
If you're pessimistic: 50% Internals are going to drag your high HSC mark down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)