wats ur gym routine (1 Viewer)

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Is it possible to convert fat into muscle?
I've been eating a lot of chocolate lately and it's packing itself unto my arms. If I like... worked out, would the fat turn into muscle?
I'm not trolling. Serious question. Hehe.

shinning

HSC
whats my gym routine?
lets see
sitting in front of a computer, playing games, eating junk food

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Is it possible to convert fat into muscle?
I've been eating a lot of chocolate lately and it's packing itself unto my arms. If I like... worked out, would the fat turn into muscle?
I'm not trolling. Serious question. Hehe.
Sort of, yes.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Sort of, yes.
Sort of? Like... half of it will turn into muscle?
Funnily enough, I haven't gained any weight. I reckon my weight is being taken from different areas of my body and being dumped on my arms. I shall try doing exercises that will tone my bicep area, flab is ugly :(

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Sort of? Like... half of it will turn into muscle?
Funnily enough, I haven't gained any weight. I reckon my weight is being taken from different areas of my body and being dumped on my arms. I shall try doing exercises that will tone my bicep area, flab is ugly :(
It's impossible to turn fat into muscle.

But while you're building muscle (especially as a newbie) you will experience fat loss when you first start out.

Also you can't do spot fat reduction - as in you can't lose fat in a particular part of your body. You can also reduce your overall fat percentage and then build muscle (which is what people refer to as toning).

annagurl

HSC
N/A

But while you're building muscle (especially as a newbie) you will experience fat loss when you first start out.

Also you can't do spot fat reduction - as in you can't lose fat in a particular part of your body. You can also reduce your overall fat percentage and then build muscle (which is what people refer to as toning).
I thought toning was when you slim something down, like a toned stomach is when it's flat with lines :p
Hmm... but like my waist is getting smaller, but my arms bigger... if that makes sense. That's why I reckon all my fat is going to my arms.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

Azure's right, but in gaining muscle, you'll often gain weight (not fat) and can eat more.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I thought toning was when you slim something down, like a toned stomach is when it's flat with lines :p
Hmm... but like my waist is getting smaller, but my arms bigger... if that makes sense. That's why I reckon all my fat is going to my arms.
that (last line) doesnt quite make sense, but everyone is different in terms of their body fat/muscle distribution.
if you're serious about wanting to lose weight then start off by doing some sort of regular exercise.
if you dont already do some form of regular exercise, go for a 45min powerwalk everyday.
if you have weights at home, do some weights once a week (or twice), stuff like dumbell lunges/squats, shoulder press, chest press (compound movements). you dont need to go too heavy, just enough to actually be tired afterwards. if no weights, then make sure you religiously do your walks.
lastly watch what you eat. cut out all sugary soft drinks and replace them with water. you should drink your bodyweight in ounces each day (google an ounce-liter converter so u know how much water u should drink per day). Replace all sugary/oily snacks (lollies, chocolates, chips) with something like a small salad, or mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, peanuts, whatever you like, but almonds are good for u).

the key is to stick to your routine and not skip for any reason (especially not for laziness) unless you're extremely sick i suppose lol.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
that (last line) doesnt quite make sense, but everyone is different in terms of their body fat/muscle distribution.
if you're serious about wanting to lose weight then start off by doing some sort of regular exercise.
if you dont already do some form of regular exercise, go for a 45min powerwalk everyday.
if you have weights at home, do some weights once a week (or twice), stuff like dumbell lunges/squats, shoulder press, chest press (compound movements). you dont need to go too heavy, just enough to actually be tired afterwards. if no weights, then make sure you religiously do your walks.
lastly watch what you eat. cut out all sugary soft drinks and replace them with water. you should drink your bodyweight in ounces each day (google an ounce-liter converter so u know how much water u should drink per day). Replace all sugary/oily snacks (lollies, chocolates, chips) with something like a small salad, or mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, peanuts, whatever you like, but almonds are good for u).

the key is to stick to your routine and not skip for any reason (especially not for laziness) unless you're extremely sick i suppose lol.
LOL. You've basically told me my entire diet sucks. Haha

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Best fat burner IMO = 10x10 squats three times a week plus cardio inbetween.

Nice and simple.

Working out isn't complicated.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Best fat burner IMO = 10x10 squats three times a week plus cardio inbetween.

Nice and simple.

Working out isn't complicated.
LOOOOLL. Wait. Hold up. 10x10=100 Are you saying ONE HUNDRED squats, THREE TIMES A WEEK?
That's 3x100= 300
BTW: What's cardio?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeah thats 100, a small (maybe 30-60sec) break in between each set of 10. it's easy if you use a low weight, or no weight : P

cardio is some form of repetitive exercise that gets your heart pumping, repetitive in the sense that u can do it nonstop for a while.
usually this means running, cycling, rowing machine, swimming, skipping, etc.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yes 100 squats =) I absolutely guarantee you will see dramatic results if you can stick to it.

When I get over this flu I'm going to try and rip up as much as possible without attempting to gain muscle. I plan on using that little routine. Then I will be able to start building muscle again, hopefully with a low body fat %, so any gains made stand out more.

Does anyone know how to prevent stretch marks or whether there's some sort of laser treatment for them that works (in case they get out of hand later on)?

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Are these squats?
oh gawd, it looks scary D:
He looks like he's suffering D:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know how to prevent stretch marks or whether there's some sort of laser treatment for them that works (in case they get out of hand later on)?
cocoa oil has popped up a fair few times when people complain of stretch marks

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I've tried it along side bio oil, but they seem to just make them go from red to skin colour. They're still visible when I wear a t-shirt =(

Are these squats?
oh gawd, it looks scary D:
He looks like he's suffering D:
Also yes these are squats. He has pretty decent form too IMO (going all the way down).

Keep in mind you don't really HAVE to use weight.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Also yes these are squats. He has pretty decent form too IMO (going all the way down).

Keep in mind you don't really HAVE to use weight.
Will using weights that weigh more than you do make you lose weight faster?
I'm willing to give it a go if it'll help me lose a little weight.

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
More weight lifted = More energy expended

If you're gonna start lifting, don't be one of those girls that squats/deadlifts just an olympic bar all their life, hoping for a totez toned booty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)