wats ur gym routine (1 Viewer)

jezzmo

Now lactating. Sample me.
HSC
N/A
everyone does this, its even better when there are rows of treadmills......

inb4crepe
i like to run in between the treadmills because everyone gets inertia and also we lost cabin pressure and most of them died but I drank a VB and now I have to clean this experiment up.

imZerroo

HSC
treadmill for 10ish minutes and 20 push ups lol. even those 20 i dont do in one go :L
but still its something, i know heaps of people who dont do anything, so i guess it's ok.

kfnmpah

HSC
There are no hot women in the powerlifting room :(
lolol because women are in the womens gym doing 2kg bicep curls for 40 reps then doing some sit ups hen going on the treadmill.

It always makes me lol when i'm doing my deadlifts/squats in the powerlifting room- the men look at me like i'm an alien, then won't stop calling me darling and asking if i need help unloading the bar.

kfnmpah

HSC
also, azure, how is your cut going? I've started a slow cut for summer, i've lost about 3kg so far. I wish it was faster!

what's your diet like? Are you going ketosis or just low carb. Also, do you do cardio? Or just your weights routine?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
So far lost an average of 1KG/week. I want to keep going for as long as possible so I have a good frame to bulk off.

I'm eating low carb but I'll be starting keto in the next week or so.

Mix of both weights and cardio. Weights three times a week doing a full body workout (deadlifts, squats, rows, bench press and shoulder press) followed by 30 minutes of slow cardio. I also do 30-45 minutes of cardio on my off days.

I'm probably going to start doing 20 minutes of HIT training instead, just to switch things up a little.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I don't have any muscle to begin with. Like I said before, I've been off since last summer. :)

gurmies

Drover
HSC
Try a full body routine man. I have the same equipment as you except I have weights for the barbell.

Front squats, deadlifts, barbell rows, dumbell bench press and dumbell shoulder press. 3 sets of 10-12 reps three times a week.

Do that for three months and you will definiately see results if you get your diet in check. Probably the quickest way for a newbie to see gains IMO.
This. Maybe add side lateral raises. If you superset those with dumbbell shoulder presses...let's just say you won't recognise yourself in 3 months.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Good man. Side lateral raises are one of my favorite exercises and are fantastic for shoulder width.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Smash your shoulders when you get into the gym and eat right (5-6 meals a day, 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight as a minimum). I just finished putting together a split routine I want to start in the next two-three weeks.

Shoulder Day -
Dumbell Presses 4 sets 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
Dumbell Lateral Side Raises 3 sets 12, 10, 8 reps
Dumbel Front Lateral Raises 3 sets 12, 10, 8 reps
Dumbell Rear Lateral Raises 3 sets 12, 10, 8 reps

I'm also a very firm believer in switching things up. I alternate between dumbells and barbells a lot and revamp my workouts when I feel that my body is starting to get used to it.

Also compounds like deadlifts and rows will contribute to shoulder mass.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Smash your shoulders when you get into the gym and eat right (5-6 meals a day, 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight as a minimum). I just finished putting together a split routine I want to start in the next two-three weeks.

Shoulder Day -
Dumbell Presses 4 sets 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
Dumbell Lateral Side Raises 3 sets 12, 10, 8 reps
Dumbel Front Lateral Raises 3 sets 12, 10, 8 reps
Dumbell Rear Lateral Raises 3 sets 12, 10, 8 reps

I'm also a very firm believer in switching things up. I alternate between dumbells and barbells a lot and revamp my workouts when I feel that my body is starting to get used to it.

Also compounds like deadlifts and rows will contribute to shoulder mass.
nice, cheers. so should i just dedicate the whole workout for delts or incorporate something else?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
In my routine I'm going to incorporate forearms into the shoulders workout. If you're just starting out I wouldn't recommend doing that because forearms are the easiest body part to over train (they're involved in pretty much everything except legs). Some people like doing triceps with shoulders, but personally I prefer shifting them into my chest workout. Perhaps try doing a weighted ab workout with shoulders?

herbs1

HSC
delicious side lateral raises

am i wrong to do each side at alternating times?

sanctify

HSC
N/A
chest + tris. back + bis. shoulder + traps. legs + core. Light cardio for 10mins before each workout. Don't overstay your session (around 50 mins max excluding warmup) or your body is going to start producing cortisol.

remember guys, for legs squats reign king. For optimal gains, do at least 15 reps per set (ass to grass form) and you'll see massive growth :)

supplement all this with a clean diet - eat around 5-6 balanced meals a day

sanctify

HSC
N/A
In my routine I'm going to incorporate forearms into the shoulders workout. If you're just starting out I wouldn't recommend doing that because forearms are the easiest body part to over train (they're involved in pretty much everything except legs). Some people like doing triceps with shoulders, but personally I prefer shifting them into my chest workout. Perhaps try doing a weighted ab workout with shoulders?
Forearm training = grip training i think. So it might be good if you go to the squat rack and lay the barbell on the horizontal supports (so you don't actually have to do the deadlift itself, well a mini deadlift) and pack on more weight than you would usually do for a deadlift. Hold on for as long as you can or perform shrugs (too many shrugs will leave you with weirdly huge traps lol), drop em, rinse and repeat a few times. Bam, there are your traps and forearms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)