wats ur gym routine (2 Viewers)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
hmm yea just did a bit of research. Some fairly mixed reviews

general consensus is that presses are obviously the main muscle builders for chest as they recruit more muscle fibers.

Flys are still have their place though

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
i find incline db press superset with flies super effective. major bite in my muscles it is amazing.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
what are some good back (both upper & lower - the whole thing w/e) exercises which can be done using just dumbbells and a barbell and a bench

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
bent over barbell row (i prefer underhand grip but w/e)
bent over db flies and rows
deadlifts
hyper extensions
good mornings (be careful with these. start really light and perfect form before going heavy)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
bent over barbell row (i prefer underhand grip but w/e)
bent over db flies and rows
deadlifts
hyper extensions
good mornings (be careful with these. start really light and perfect form before going heavy)
pendlay rows as well.

what are some good exercises that target calves
calf raises (whether standing on a slight step with a barbell, or with the calf raise machine thing that rests on your shoulders, holding a barbell will work your grip as well but will get tiring for your hands/forearms).
from what i've heard, working calves tends to be pretty hard (unless you're asian), you'll need to do a lot of reps. Like around 15-20.
Also, skipping.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
been out of the gym for 4 weeks.. cant wait to get back in 2 days time

putting my cut on hold since im already at the lightest ive been in 7 months @ 71kgs due to exams lul

gonna go on a massive bulk over the next 8 weeks of holidays and uni. so much more time to eat. so much more sleep time to recover

so motivated to start my new routine. so much to look forward to

also going to start deadlifting and squatting again :D

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
i'll do a 10 week progress shot and see if any differences are noticeable lol. Should be able to bulk to about 76kgs~ in that time

q3thefish

HSC
74kg beginning of this year
82kg now

lookin to be around 83-84 by end of july then gonna go on a cut

jezzmo

Now lactating. Sample me.
HSC
N/A
fuck i kinda miss those 70kg days - skipping like antelope over the flimsy rocks, flying like birds at a pig, playing squash like a blur.
but today some kids tried to swipe my phone.
95kg; well tempered.
gain the weight, protect the head, and inertia is yours to conquer.
not a fan of violence, but trust my technique is not up to scratch, it took no skill to resolve.
cut or bulk is a decision that changes twice a week. fuck. watch parkour, watch kimbo. repeat.

bertstare

HSC
what are some good back (both upper & lower - the whole thing w/e) exercises which can be done using just dumbbells and a barbell and a bench
BB rows can target both lower and upper back depending on your form and what type of barbell row (pendalay, convention BB row, bent over rows etc.) just google to find different types and youtube it for the form. You can also do a single arm dumbbell row.

I suggest deadlifts, although a lot of people are against it because it is harmful to your back but with proper form I dont think it's likely. I lift as heavy as i possibly could for deadlifts and have never had any back problems.

Then there's more lat focused back exercises such as lat pulldowns, pull-ups and chin ups that can also target your upper back.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Start your dead lifts off very modestly and up the weight as you gain confidence IMO.

With that being said, I've just finished putting together my full body workout. I've tried to focus on the areas in which I know I'm lacking. It's still by no means perfect, however trial and error is probably the best way to improve it.

Basically it consists of three workouts per week.

Workout A: Dips, Pull ups, Deadlifts, Military Press (Accessory exercise: Flyes) - 3X12 for all exercises
Workout B: Front Squats, Bench press, Push Press, Bent Over Rows (Accessory exercise: Weighted sit-ups - still not sure) - 4X6 for all exercises except abs
Workout C: Bench Press, Deadlifts, Pull Ups, Hack Squat (Accessory exercise: Lateral Raises) - 4X8 for all exercises

Always been a fan of full body workouts, although my previous workout was much more simplified (stuck to ~5 exercises).

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
7 weeks doesn't really do much and atm all you've really got going for you is that low body fat thing that younger dudes (especially azns) get. Do/did you do any sports?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)