wats ur gym routine (1 Viewer)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Here's a routine i've been cooked up on excel for next sem of uni, hopefully after i've gone through a quick cut. It's mainly a play on Layne Norton's PHAT as well as incorporating a bit of SS but making sure i don't double on any consecutive days training the same body part. My bench and OHP need a lot of work, so i need to start focusing on more strength related work.....
Squats and deadlifts are no longer much of a priority for me as i feel as though my body fatigues way too quickly on those lifts leaving nothing left for my assistance lifts. After all, bodybuilding is learning about what works for your own body and your self.. so im not really fussed about having to feel compelled doing them. I've already built some semi-respectable PRs for them anyway.

The highlighted lifts are the ones where i'm focusing on the strength component, and so that's sort of SS in a way.. just crammed into every 2nd day

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i had a feeling it looked like layne nortons PHAT routine, b00m. that's crazy, good luck with it!

todays squats: Squats
Warmup
20x10
40x5
60x5
80x3
90x2
Workout
105x5
105x5
105x5
110x1
120x1
125x1
130x1

previous best was 120x5, so i sort of hit a new best today.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
cheers bruddah

and 12 sets on squats!! no wonder you take so long on the squat rack!

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Deadlift
20x10
40x10
60x8
80x5
100x4
110x3
120x2
127.5x1
135x5
100x8

135 today with chalk and double overhand grip felt easier than 130 last week with no chalk and mixed grip for the last 3 reps.
135x5 was my previous best set of deadlifts (best single was 145)before i had to take a month and a half off gym due to shoulder, so everything after this will be breaking pb's :)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
what did your physio prescribe to you to fix your shoulder?
and how did you hurt it?
She prescribed me some stretches, I did them for a few days, but I started to wonder if these stetches were actually based on evidence, or if they were just pseudoscience based on theory with no real proof behind them. So I stopped doing them and my shoulders mostly recovered anyway.

http://summaries.cochrane.org/CD004...re-effective-for-shoulder-pain-in-some-cases.

I hurt my shoulder mainly through OHP, partly through bench press.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
if it picks up again you're better off seeing a doc and getting a referral for an ultrasound or something, rather than a physio guessing at what could be wrong.

i want to deadlift 150kg for 1 rep on friday. gonna make this happen.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
For benching, currently I just do flat. Should I do incline instead so I get more growth on the upper chest?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
flyes unnecessary prissy pupu exercise.

flat bench.
incline db press.
dips (weighted if possible).
close grip bench press.

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
no way
flies, when done correctly, are super effective
only do close grip bp if doing triceps on the same day as chest or it will work them too much, but not enough to give them a proper workout

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
no way
flies, when done correctly, are super effective
i think flys are pretty effective as well. Arnold did flys.. using 38kgs..Having said that not every exercise works for every person

only do close grip bp if doing triceps on the same day as chest or it will work them too much, but not enough to give them a proper workout
not exactly.
depends how you contract them. Done properly and not fully locking out, you can isolate the chest without the need to tire out the tris

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeah but arnold is a bb pro who had a solid foundation of muscle to work off.

and i dont see how you can isolate chest with cgbp lol.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hmm from all this stuff I usually do flat bench, flat db press (which I'll change to incline now), flat db flies (which I guess i'll put on a bit of incline too), also I like flies, seem to work.

The close/wide grip thing for the bench, I just hold it around the middle where I find it easiest, not too wide not too close... have done close before but found it pretty annoying. Re-start?

Dips I'll start soon.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah but arnold is a bb pro who had a solid foundation of muscle to work off.

and i dont see how you can isolate chest with cgbp lol.
okay i used the wrong diction. But if you don't lock your elbows out on cgbp or normal bench press, it's common knowledge that it places a lot more pressure on the chest

Yeh okay Arnold is a bb pro, but so what? Are you saying with flys you can't build muscle? If you are progressively increasing volume you sure as hell can build muscle

with cable flys its arguably a little different

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)