HSC
N/A
5x5 - 75kg Shoulder press
5x5 - 70kg Reverse Barbell curl
5x5 - Wrist curl
Dragon Pole for a million.
A shitload of vodka.
And then a shitload more dragonpole.

God bless the half-arsed, semi-intense workout that ends in a giggle-fit, followed by pizza. Good health, good virtue, no stress.

edit: the vodka is mixed with h20, taurine, creatine, whey protein and gatorade powder. So it's all about fitness.
Let's get em winnie reds smoked out.

Last edited:

eye ov azazel

Dismembered Member
HSC
N/A
i recently hurt my left hip joint/tendon/something so i'll be disregarding my legs for the next ~2 weeks.
unfortunately i've been doing stronglifts for the past 4 weeks and that involves squats 3x a week, so im gonna have to do a different routine (chest, back, arms, no squat or deadlift :()

a popular i found on whirlpool forums is:

Code:
Monday

BB Squats 3x8
Stiff legged Deadlift 3x8
Single leg press 3x8
Calf raise 3x15

Wednesday

BB Bench Press 3x8
DB Incline Bench press 3x8
Standing Military Press 3x8
Close Grip Bench Press 3x8

Friday

Deadlift 3x8
Chin ups 3x8
Bent over BB row 3x8
EZ bar Curls 3x8
since i cant do legs i wont be doing monday, and i'll be doing wednesdays chest/shoulder/tri on monday (since i get wednesdays off) and keeping fridays back/bi day on friday.

WHAT can i replace fridays deadlift with?

also what's a normal way to progress my lifts?
i think stronglifts say to add 2.5kg each workout, and something like if you fail a set reduce the weight by 10% and work back up from there.

HSC
fucking what 90kg bench and 80kg squat, 120 deadlift
i do 130kg deadlift, 120 squat on smiths machine and 80kg bench
should i concentrate more on bench y/n

eye ov azazel

Dismembered Member
HSC
N/A
bench 1x ur bw, squat 1.5x ur bw, deadlift 2x your bw.

those are sort of standards, so try to aim for them first imo.

Narouz

HSC
brooo your sooo gay... your like in yr 12 doing 10kg??? hahahahaha bro youre a twig man.... get real wif your self bro... im in yr 10 and wen i was at my peak i could do 15.... hahhahahaha broooooooo you are messed.. nd bro youre on bored of studies not some gay fashion show posting up pics off ur self

Last edited:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
The weight you can deadlift and squat are more indicative of your actual strength. Benching is over rated big time.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Omie you can't really replace deadlifts in my opinion. They should be a stable to any routine. The closest alternative would be bent over rows which you've already got listed down so I'm not sure.

eye ov azazel

Dismembered Member
HSC
N/A
i can bench a bit over my bw and i can nearly almost squat 1.5x my bw and my deadlift is 1.5x my bw, but im not just gonna focus on deadlift, i'm still gonna keep doing everytying.

i dont think it matters if you're lacking on one of those three things, i'd still keep doing everything, those are just generic standards that might not apply to people who havent trained everything evenly from the start.
i only started squatting last year, and i only started deadlift this year, so i'm sort of all over the place.
and you have your leg problem which forces you to stick with the smith machine.

do you do a split routine, a body part a day, or do you work your body overall 3 or 4x a week, like most strengh training regimes?

Narouz

HSC
bro focus on trials first and hsc then talk bout gym you only have one shot at hsc but u have multiple chances at gym

HSC
lol im not going to neglect anything just do a bit more on deadlifts because its been neglected
shoulder thing makes me use smiths (plus no squatting rack)
5x5 stronglifts or whatever lol

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
fucking what 90kg bench and 80kg squat, 120 deadlift
i do 130kg deadlift, 120 squat on smiths machine and 80kg bench
should i concentrate more on bench y/n
why them smith machine squats? Considering u should indeed aim for 1.5x ur bw for squats, and smith machine removes 20% of weight, u might need to improve ur squat as well.. if ur about,, im guessing, 85-90kgs?

edit: just saw u mentioned ur injury

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah not a fan of squats on a smith machine either but I could imagine they'd help with an injury. I don't even go to a gym anymore unless a mate wants to train. My whole routine is done with freeweights which I have at home.

Last edited:
HSC
yeah i dont have the movement to hold the bar properly and we dont have a squat rack in the ghetto anyway oh well
yeah i read its improves squat by 15-20% and decreases bench by 10-15%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)