we are too fat to work, pity us (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Family who are 'too fat to work' say £22,000 worth of benefits is not enough - Telegraph

Philip Chawner, 53, and his 57-year-old wife Audrey weigh 24st. Their daughter Emma, 19, weighs 17st, while her older sister Samantha, 21, weighs 18st.
The family from Blackburn claim £22,508 a year in benefits, equivalent to the take-home pay from a £30,000 salary.

The Chawners, haven't worked in 11 years, claim their weight is a hereditary condition and the money they receive is insufficient to live on.
Mr Chawner said: "What we get barely covers the bills and puts food on the table. It's not our fault we can't work. We deserve more."
The family claim to spend £50 a week on food and consume 3,000 calories each a day. The recommended maximum intake is 2,000 for women and 2,500 for men.
"We have cereal for breakfast, bacon butties for lunch and microwave pies with mashed potato or chips for dinner," Mrs Chawner told Closer magazine.
"All that healthy food, like fruit and veg, is too expensive. We're fat because it's in our genes. Our whole family is overweight," she added.
Each week, Mr and Mrs Chawner, who have been married for 23 years, receive £177 in income support and incapacity benefit. Mrs Chawner is paid an extra £330-a-month disability allowance for epilepsy and asthma, both a result of being overweight.
Mr Chawner gets £71 a month after developing Type 2 diabetes because of his size. He was on a waiting list for a gastric band last year, but a heart condition made the operation unsuitable. Their daughter Samantha receives £84 in Jobseekers' Allowance each fortnight while Emma, who is training to be a hairdresser, gets £58 every two weeks under a hardship fund for low-income students.
Emma, said: "I'm a student and don't have time to exercise" she said "We all want to lose weight to stop the abuse we get in the street, but we don't know how."
--------------------------------------------------

Oh. Oh that's okay, then. It's hereditary, and you eat pies for dinner and you're too busy to exercise. Ok, cool.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
it's not isolated, that's the thing. it's not this one family of fatties saying 'omg it's hereditary that we're fat coz we cant afford fruit and veg' which i dont buy for shit. i guarantee that if i fill my trolley with processed shit food, it'll cost more than if i bought a kg of bananas for $3.99 a kg

08er

HSC
fucking lazy and selfish people. what they dont know is that they are eating away other people's money

HSC
If they are soooo fat they can't work then they should be more worried about their health then their degree

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Fuck by what they are eating it isnt even genetic. They should go for a blood test to determine if they do have it and be trying to lose weight.

BTW their weight makes my brother look puny and his IS heriditary.

aussie-boy

HSC
I don't buy this fat gene bullshit... go back 30 years and no one was fat. They had the same genes though.

The gov should stop throwing cash at these people, and make it conditional on attending sport classes or something (similar to the Aboriginal welfare which is tied to compulsory school attendance)

Guesss

HSC
OMG i totally understand where they are coming from... its not lyk theres any diets or gyms available!

WTF! get off ur ass and do something!

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
The idea wouldn't be that there's a gene which makes you 'fat', that's just silly, more it's that there are people who are more likely, biologically, to be susceptible to over eating given the right environment. I.e. Sure there werent heaps of fatties 50 years ago, but they didn't have fast food everywhere to get addicted to.

As for these people they obviously can work, there are people whom are quadriplegics who manage to find work.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Well, considering the conditions in which we evolved, all humans in this environment have the "genes" to become fat.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
BTW their weight makes my brother look puny and his IS heriditary.
Why should we believe your brother's condition is hereditary, while others arent. Your brother is just a LAZY FAT SHIT, and sadly you just cant admit it, so you blame it on genetics. PFFT fatty.

tycho

HSC
They shouldn't get any money. That way they wouldn't be able to eat and would loose weight fast! Then they could work and not just fucking leech off society.

Thank god they're in the UK, though.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Shoot them all in the head. The world will be a better place.

I'm saying it but you're all thinking it and you know I'm right.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
They should get extra relief for their ugly gene too, 'cause damn, that's gotta put them at some sort of disadvantage.

Tutored

Snooze Fest
HSC
The gov should stop throwing cash at these people, and make it conditional on attending sport classes or something (similar to the Aboriginal welfare which is tied to compulsory school attendance)
While I do agree with the first part of the quote, I have some issue with whats in bold.

Firstly, that happens to be a trial procedure, and is only in place in WA and NT (at the moment), and it also happens to be something that I disagree with - specifically because of the problems it brings to people already considered socio-ecnomically disadvantaged (hence the existence of current payments) - As well as that, it specifically targets Aboriginal people, which is something disallowed by the implementation of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth)..oh wait, thats right, they suspended that, didn't they. Funny that such an action wasn't able to be taken prior to that suspension (ditto for the NT intervention act)

And while I recognise the unlikelyhood of it, I truly wish that the trial didn't succeed; then maybe other, less riskier ways could be explored to improve school attendance for Aboriginal people.

Why should we believe your brother's condition is hereditary, while others arent. Your brother is just a LAZY FAT SHIT, and sadly you just cant admit it, so you blame it on genetics. PFFT fatty.
That is just pathetic, and one of the rudest and the most blatantly obnoxious posts I have ever read. I happen to know multiple people in the same condition, it IS hereditary, however, one of them has chosen to do something about it - It turns out hers is related specifically to salt, so she exercised, and stopped eating as much meat - instant difference, however she still has a naturally large figure...hers though, can be blamed on genetics just as much as anyone elses (pertaining actual validity) could.

Okay, now that my rant is over, to contribute something actually relvant to the topic being discussed. I think its a serious problem that the family weighs so much, has that much difficulty, and that they're receiving that much money for a problem they're responsible for, and I think its a shame that the father was unable to recieve a gastric band due to the heart condition - I think that could really have contributed to seeking some solution to the problem.

They need a drastic, though gradual change in their diet and lifestyle, and yes, I definitely think they're capable of working - The only thing I find disgusting about this is that they're asking for more money.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
That is just pathetic, and one of the rudest and the most blatantly obnoxious posts I have ever read. I happen to know multiple people in the same condition, it IS hereditary, however, one of them has chosen to do something about it - It turns out hers is related specifically to salt, so she exercised, and stopped eating as much meat - instant difference, however she still has a naturally large figure...hers though, can be blamed on genetics just as much as anyone elses (pertaining actual validity) could.
Thanks mate :D +rep.

Originally Posted by wrxsti

Gets you facts straight you fucking colon explorer. He had a DNA test and was found to have a extra copy of the FTO gene. Majority only have one FTO gene, when the extra copy is integrated, the weight can jump to around 1.3 times normal weight to age ratios.
There are people with 2 copes of the gene, thats the original and the 2 copies. their weight jumps to aboout 3 times the normal W:A ratio.

So crawl back into the arsehole you were exploring and keep your mouth shut.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
It CAN jump at those ratios. Exercise + diet is a glorious victory for the masses.
Hence why he does excersise and eats healthy, he justs have a tiny bit a fat on him now.

How to describe it...football build?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
but you can not blame a gene for been fat, you can overcome it, sure you might have a little on you but there is a big difference between a little bit and the people we are talking about, these people could do something about it if they wanted to.
Eating meat pies wont help them any.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)