• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Weight Of Your School Bag. (1 Viewer)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
my bag is a good weight. I only have an economics and maths text book that i need to brng to school.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I barely bring textbooks to school. :)

sasa-o8

HSC
I only have around 1-5 exercise books per day and it's already heavy so I never bring any textbooks.

mollycoddle

HSC
I have a wheelie bag.
I admit, its nerdy, but I don't get a sore back and I can carry as much as I want. I highly recommend them.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
My bag used to be so heavy from mass(ive) text books. I worked something out with my principal and now I have two sets of text books. Mine, that stay at home for study and a set that will stay at school. He just went to all of my teachers and organised that the books for those subjects be put aside for me and I just grab one when i'm in class.

My bag now is so much lighter :)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
mollycoddle said:
I have a wheelie bag.
I admit, its nerdy, but I don't get a sore back and I can carry as much as I want. I highly recommend them.
That's so lame its hot.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
mollycoddle said:
I have a wheelie bag.
OH MY GOD WHAT no those things are fucking death on a wheel.

i'm tempted to hunt you down.

consider yourself lucky i'm too lazy to be a stalker.

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
the heaviest ive weighed mine at is 15kg. u kinda get used to it.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
nick3157 said:
the heaviest ive weighed mine at is 15kg. u kinda get used to it.
How often do you weigh your bags?

I really don't care how heavy my bag is.
I just deal with it.

HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
My bag used to be so heavy from mass(ive) text books. I worked something out with my principal and now I have two sets of text books. Mine, that stay at home for study and a set that will stay at school. He just went to all of my teachers and organised that the books for those subjects be put aside for me and I just grab one when i'm in class.

My bag now is so much lighter :)
Don't you have lockers at school??
Can't you just take home what you are going to do that night, and only the text books if you need them for the study you are doing that night. What's more, many textbooks come with the whole thing on CD as well (particularly maths) so if you can use that, that also reduces the number of textbooks you need to carry.

If you're school doesn't have lockers, may i ask where you go because that is ridiculous. Lobby your school to give you lockers. Even my public primary school had tubs for our stuff, and that was primary school - we hardly had anything!!!

yeeshu

HSC
my bag consists of a calculator...a black pen...a red pen...and 20 pieces of loose A4 leaf paper...so i guess it weighs at most like 1 kg lol:D

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
5-10 kg everyday I suppose. It's like I'm sort of wearing shackles and stuff. When I get home, I just collapse...

Last edited:

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
my bag would weigh between 5 and 10 kilos everyday... and that only contains my text books for the day, pencil case and lunch... I have a separate folder for my books which I always have to carry as well...

My back is so sore on days when I have to carry my bag the 2 and a half km home from school... its not far really, but the weight kills me sometimes.

HSC
its not my bag its my fucking folders lol dam design and art, sometimes have to carry home my art book, mdp design portfolio with the sketches and then like 2 folders for dt D&T then in my bag got a monster bussiness book and a folder for all the subjbects sucks. lol end rant\

hairspray

HSC
And i thought i had it tough but from reading some of the previous posts you guys are bringing crazy amounts of books + textbooks to school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)