Weight Of Your School Bag. (1 Viewer)

HSC
haha, i know what you mean about the alto-sax. I also play alto, and the worst was when i had to take to school my bag (5 -7 kilos probably) plus my alto sax, plus my hockey bag complete with two sticks, hockey shoes, uniform, drink bottle etc etc etc.
Not only did i look like a pack horse, but i could hardly stand up straight!

HSC
cute.asa.button said:
haha, i know what you mean about the alto-sax. I also play alto, and the worst was when i had to take to school my bag (5 -7 kilos probably) plus my alto sax, plus my hockey bag complete with two sticks, hockey shoes, uniform, drink bottle etc etc etc.
Not only did i look like a pack horse, but i could hardly stand up straight!
i played alto sax in primary school. its heavy:uhhuh:

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
Ah, reminds me of my school. We get a huge lecture about school uniform in most, if not all, assemblies.

luridlysteph14

HSC
I do pathways (obviously, dur signature -__-) so I don't have all my subjects this year. I've got Legal & Pdh'pe, though, and those textbooks are bitches evern without anything else in there.

But of course, i do pathways because of sport. So I've also got two pairs of shoes, long pants, shorts, short & long sleeved tops (usually one or the other) & a jacket. Blast winter making me carry more space-consuming clothes.

And then I've got lunch which is biiiiiig because I get incredibly hungry starting at 6 & finishing at 4:30 most days.

And then the massive, stupid actual workbook. Full of handouts, of course. And then extra novels & diaries and books I actually want to read which're ther most awkward.

I really look forward to Fridays when all I have is Legal & English, and all I need is lunch, workbook, one textbook & novel. Yaaaaaaaaaaay 4kg.

As opposed to the 8-12kg of winter workout-days gear.

God Bless those Fitness First expandable backpacks.

ETA: Oh, and uniform? We're a [public school that likes to think we're private. So I can't even wear my SPORT uniform to school to leseen the burden & keep warm. Stupid winter. Stupid stupid winter making me have more clothes. Gr. We get afternoon detentions & such. Sigh.

Last edited:

selablad

HSC
My school is incredibly uptight about uniform (new principal a few years back). They have rules about how you have to wear a school-coloured tie in your hair, and where you can put your badges (prefect/senior etc), and how long your socks can be...

emobopeep

fght ff yr dmns
HSC
My backpack, art book and folder together weigh 5 kilos. Combined with my lunch, a huge bottle of water and my maths textbook, that goes up to 6.5 kilos. Ugh, I love being in high school :p

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
my friend and i share a locker, so during the day my bag is heaps light
but then its terrible when u have to take all the books home for h/w =///

qmaz

HSC
i just take a blue pen and tax paper off my mates

just kidding

i also borrow their blue pen

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
selablad said:
My school is incredibly uptight about uniform (new principal a few years back). They have rules about how you have to wear a school-coloured tie in your hair, and where you can put your badges (prefect/senior etc), and how long your socks can be...
Sounds a bit extreme although our school also has the deal with school coloured hair ties/headbands so on.
The other day they even said that scarves should be in school colours too.
What I don't understand is how some people can get away with being out of uniform every single day, and don't seem to get in trouble for it.
Also they have a thing with girls and nail polish, earings, jewelery etc. Also applies to guys actually.

Jess007

HSC
not u everyone has text books books,lunch, 'pathway clohtes' omg give me an effin break... if your life is so shit that school makes u hate winter GET OVER IT!! omg...who the eff cares...seriously..

Jinpoo

HSC
Jess007 said:
not u everyone has text books books,lunch, 'pathway clohtes' omg give me an effin break... if your life is so shit that school makes u hate winter GET OVER IT!! omg...who the eff cares...seriously..
you've never complained about anything in your life?

"boo have a fricking cry" can be said to anyone that criticizes something.

seniors should carry folders!! it adds to the.. authenticity

and the 25kg rucksacks and luggage bags on wheels should be left to the year sevens..

Jess007

HSC
of course i complain..nut not about the weight of my scchool bag..fucking hell grow up people

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
My bag used to be so heavy from mass(ive) text books. I worked something out with my principal and now I have two sets of text books. Mine, that stay at home for study and a set that will stay at school. He just went to all of my teachers and organised that the books for those subjects be put aside for me and I just grab one when i'm in class.

My bag now is so much lighter :)
I've got a similar thing worked out as well, except, mine isn't so honest. When the teacher handed out the textbooks for each subject, I stole an extra textbook which I would use at home. The other textbook would be kept at school. I might return the textbooks at the end of the year, but the school has stolen so much from me, I'm having thoughts of just selling the textbooks to the year 12 of next year.

fjnpenguin

HSC
Jinpoo said:
you've never complained about anything in your life?

"boo have a fricking cry" can be said to anyone that criticizes something.

seniors should carry folders!! it adds to the.. authenticity

and the 25kg rucksacks and luggage bags on wheels should be left to the year sevens..
lol i like ur quote "eniors should carry folders!! it adds to the.. authenticity

and the 25kg rucksacks and luggage bags on wheels should be left to the year sevens.."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)