• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Weight Of Your School Bag. (1 Viewer)

adidasboy

weee
HSC
my bag is about 10kg on some days and 6kg on others. Pretty light for me. lol used to lifting heavy weights so the weight of my bag is nothing.

mollycoddle

HSC
Jachie said:
OH MY GOD WHAT no those things are fucking death on a wheel.

i'm tempted to hunt you down.

consider yourself lucky i'm too lazy to be a stalker.
What's so bad about them?! You need to be enlightened.
PROS:
- I can carry as much as I want without worrying that it will get too heavy
- My back is free of pain or strain
- When the hallways are crowded I can turn the bag around and plow through the oncoming traffic
- They are fun to wheel.

CONS:
- Yeah, maybe every now and then an innocent foot gets ground under the wheels but they are just small casualties in the fight for a better school set up. It sounds as if most of you guys have problems with your bags and indeed need something better.
Get a wheelie bag!

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
cute.asa.button said:
Don't you have lockers at school??
Can't you just take home what you are going to do that night, and only the text books if you need them for the study you are doing that night. What's more, many textbooks come with the whole thing on CD as well (particularly maths) so if you can use that, that also reduces the number of textbooks you need to carry.

If you're school doesn't have lockers, may i ask where you go because that is ridiculous. Lobby your school to give you lockers. Even my public primary school had tubs for our stuff, and that was primary school - we hardly had anything!!!
My school has lockers. My principal and I just have an understanding to why it is better for me to have two sets of texts books. This is only done for me.

Why worry myself with which text books to take home on particular days when having two sets (one at school and one at home) is far more easier and less complicated? Besides, taking the text books from lockers to home and back again is where my point lies. That's where the strain is and why I have two sets. How far did you travel to school? I travel almost 80km to get to school, using two buses and a lot of walking.

hairspray said:
And i thought i had it tough but from reading some of the previous posts you guys are bringing crazy amounts of books + textbooks to school.
It really just depends on the school I suppose, and whether you're dedicated to take the text books to school everyday.

Last edited:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
my school makes me pay for lockers... so i just carry all my books. (or some of them I deliberately forget to bring because im too lazy.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
Kirsty Xx said:
Why worry myself with which text books to take home on particular days when having two sets (one at school and one at home) is far more easier and less complicated?
My chem books stay at school, and I've also got a set at home.
Maths isn't very big, bring that everyday.
PD/H/PE bring everyday.
IT doesn't have one.
Music doesn't have one.
English is at school, we hardly use them.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
foram said:
my school makes me pay for lockers... so i just carry all my books. (or some of them I deliberately forget to bring because im too lazy.
lol from years 7 - 11 you'd have to pay a $5 bond, which of course you'd get back at the end of the year at my school.

In the year 12 Senior Study, lockers are free and the only catch is that a key has to be provided to the principal. Obvious reasons lol.

Muz4PM

HSC
theshortykatt said:
small casualties.. if a wheel rolls over my foot, the bag bumps my leg, i use the anal senior look and tell them off. either that, or i kick the bag over.
Gee, what a bitch. Lol.

Those types of bags are rare at my school, but I don't like them. Being able to navigate something like that, which maybe 8 kilos through a crowded hallway would be difficult to do, but funny to watch, unless it crushes your foot.

Muz4PM

HSC
theshortykatt said:
hahahaa im only a bitch to the younger grade when they piss me off.
its all in the look..
if your in a grade below 10... watch your step yo!

im really a lovely person.

1/4 the population have them at my school .. thats too many for me..

edit: hi ian =]
Hey Kat, I know you are a lovely person. :).

But yeah, too many of those bags would be shit, I could imagine some epic faceplants of people who fail to see a wheely bag and trip on it.

mollycoddle

HSC
theshortykatt said:
1/4 the population have them at my school .. thats too many for me..=]
Wow, that's a lot.
I'm the only one at my school that has one.
There's no one to race with!

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
mollycoddle said:
PROS:
- When the hallways are crowded I can turn the bag around and plow through the oncoming traffic
- They are fun to wheel.

CONS:
- Yeah, maybe every now and then an innocent foot gets ground under the wheels but they are just small casualties in the fight for a better school set up. It sounds as if most of you guys have problems with your bags and indeed need something better.
Get a wheelie bag!
no, YOU need to be enlightened. they make you look awkward as fuck, i hope you realise that. you are at school, not an airport. your bag does not need fucking wheels. if i had a dollar for everytime i've been tripped by some loser who's too pissweak to be normal and CARRY THEIR GODDAMN BAG THE WAY BAGS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE CARRIED i would be able to buy versailles. i'm just saying.

Kashaya

HSC
mollycoddle said:
PROS:
- They are fun to wheel.

CONS:
Get a wheelie bag!
AHAHAHAHA.
You make it sound so badass.

My (50yr old) Mum's got one. It's plaid and surprisingly pimped out. She uses it to do the grocery shopping; according to her it saves plastic bags and also allows her to buy more than two 3L milks at one time without "damaging the unlicensed guns"*.

*An actual quote, my Mum is that cool.

HSC
theshortykatt said:
grr! i wish i could wear jeans to school!!

i have a pretty bogany uniform for a private school.
i hate uniforms.
but yeah. im supposed to wear the school shirt, and black pants/skirt

i dont.

i sometimes wear the jumper, and often wear a white or blue shirt(the colours of the school shirts) but you aint getting me out of my jeans.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Stark contrast to us- the instant we walk past the front gate with jeans on a normal school day, we'd be sent to the deputy principal and uniform/welfare co-ordinator. Then we'd probabaly get sent home to change.

HSC
Kujah said:
Stark contrast to us- the instant we walk past the front gate with jeans on a normal school day, we'd be sent to the deputy principal and uniform/welfare co-ordinator. Then we'd probabaly get sent home to change.
ive been to a school like that *shudders*

but because of the area, and the prior lack of a strong uniform policy - its not realistic to make us all wear uniform. we just dont care.

i mean, im there to expand my mind. im not there to look like everyone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)