Welcome New UNSWers! =) (1 Viewer)

Chris.

HSC
can someone tell me if enrolling is completely all online or is there also an enrolement day we must attend?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
A good thing about UNSW is that all Enrolments are ONLINE.

Enrolment Day is not compulsory, BUT it is recommended for first years in order to choose your major/minor streams & course choice. If you cannot make it on that day, feel free to send an E-mail to Student Office/[Your Faculty's Student Office] or by phone.

Woow, Zangetsu you're also at unsw!

Also, dude if you so look down upon UNSW, you should try and find another degree of less UAI at Sydney Uni. I understand that sometimes going to a university that you don't like may not get you the right marks.

You can click Defer for Yes, because you can always not pay the partial payment for discount.

Anyway on a side-note Welcome all First Years to University!!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
At the very least, you could still post in some of the threads like I'm doing.

Then again, you probably have better stuff to do. :p

h20-intolerant

HSC
lottox i'm doing med too - and i'm totally confused about the timetable stuff just like you. I've heard that the timetable for med changes every couple of weeks so maybe that's why we can't see it?

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
w000000000000000t MED HERE I COME...absolutely over the moon! Congrads to everyone else who got their courses too.

Orb123

HSC
N/A
Advanced Science, I'm lucky because my HSC performance was abysimal.

ane_st

HSC
Wooooo i got my course :D :D :D

B Social work/social science - as my signature suggests..

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Congratulations to all those who got in =]

Hope to see you around this year!

deano059

HSC
when enrolling online in part 2 is a credit card req. or is there no payment until due date sometime in march?

in picking subjects/classes can we change what you pick online at any time online?

also in class utilisation list; are the times of lecs/tutes listed or only week/day?

gman03

HSC
Congrats guys

If you guys havn't already know each other, meet up!

If you guys have already met each other, try to attend the same tutorial class and stuff. You will find classes much more enjoyable, as oppose to sitting there like a freak (like me, in 2004)

If you havn't been to UNSW yet, GO THERE! Get your card AND explore shops OUTSIDE the uni. Look for FOOD SOURCE. 1st week in uni is like.... random people in the food court and takes FOREVER to decide which burger to eat.

So yeah, pay a visit to randwick and places along anzac pde.

:)

drmix

HSC
N/A
deano059 said:
when enrolling online in part 2 is a credit card req. or is there no payment until due date sometime in march?

in picking subjects/classes can we change what you pick online at any time online?

also in class utilisation list; are the times of lecs/tutes listed or only week/day?
u can enroll, swap drop course netime u want via myunsw...expect for wen its down for maintenance which is normally in the early hours of the morning

the class utilisation list, lists all the lectures and tutorials avaliable for that course

Rekkusu

HSC
Wow, so many new med BoS students! Welcome all UNSW'ers!

Yeah, definitely head to UNSW once BEFORE O-Week and self-explore, if you do this, it's much easier to know which Tutorials/Labs you can enroll in since some tutorials operate @ the same time, but different rooms.

Rekkusu

HSC
If you have the time, Yes.

Check out how to get to get UNSW on a daily basis, don't leave it till the O-week or Enrolment day. Because sometimes, depending on your luck, you may not always get there at the right time.

But, it's not compulsory of course! =) I can understand that you have nothing to do, if you're just heading to UNSW for the sake of knowing transportation...but a really important thing to check out is (This applies to med and non-med students as well) - PRINT out your course timetables (i.e. Say you had BIOS1101, MATH1031) add your required courses into MyUNSW Student Profile then go click Enroll. Next you should see a whole list of times + Location of Tuts/Lectures/Labs.

If via UNSW Portal you cannot see the Lecture/tutorial locations, go to UNSW's Online Handbook, and type your course number into Quick Search on left hand side, then once you find the course click Class Details, it should display a WHOLE list of tutorial/lecture/lab locations. This should somewhat give you an idea of where your classes are.

The main reason why you should do this is so that just in case you have a lecture from 9-10am, then a tutorial straight away, you will know whether its 5 minutes away from your lecture room or 20 mins...this is also the reason why some tuts you see on screen run at the same time (= it's a different locations on campus)

h20-intolerant

HSC
eMed huh? now how might we get access to that? I'd very much like to know my timetable asap so I can confirm when i can work.

miyoko

HSC
hey, was wondering if i can find out the course start date/ end date for B Planning. need to jot that down for government statements. Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)