We're in year 11! (1 Viewer)

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hi people,

Well, I still can't believe that Year 11 starts this year. This is the start of an important stage in my life, and I am sure you agree about your own as well.

I'm curious to know, what are your feelings right now?

Also, for those who have done the whole year 11/HSC thing, what tips do you have in general for people about to go into year 11?

Cheers,
googled

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Im thinking about changing subjects at the moment and im also thinking about what my new school is like. Im also studying, since the school im going to is selective and has already started there yr10's on there prlim subjects :(

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Right now, relax and keep your cool. Work hard through Year 11, but don't burn yourself out and don't miss out on enjoying yourself. Senior school is an experience you're likely never to have again, so try not to miss having fun along the way. The Year 11 course forms a foundation for the Year 12 course, so even if you don't learn everything exhaustively, make sure you have a good idea of what's happening in each subject as the HSC course often expands on what you learn this year.

Did I say have fun? It's nice being the seniors in school. Work hard (but not too hard) and have fun. You've got 2 years till your HSC. :)

I_F

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
There have been a number of threads recently from class of '07 about commencing the preliminary year their thoughts and feelings concerning their final two years of high school.

BOS (boredofstudies) is all about learning from previous student’s experience and helping students both past, present and future. Take heed of the advice pervious preliminary and HSC student offer: relax, study but not to hard you don’t want to burn out or peek to soon, preliminary marks don’t carry over or count to the HSC – however some of concept, skills learnt are the foundations for the HSC year.

Your final two years of high school are upon you enjoy them use your preliminary time to practice study and note taking techniques. But most of all enjoy this time! Wishing class of ’07 the best of luck in there future studies!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
One thing I would recommend you guys in year 11 to try and work on this year, is getting into an effective study habit. If you can study well, then you will be much more prepared for your exams, and more importantly your hsc next year. All the best to you guys in year 11! ;)

mt87

(((matty)))
HSC
i was in yr 11 last year....1 things u guys need 2 do is 2 study hard...u guys will make a whole new friends n classes will b small...

ichiraku

HSC
Year 11 means you get to experience the start of some new privledges like eating in class =]

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
ichiraku said:
Year 11 means you get to experience the start of some new privledges like eating in class =]
i never got to eat in class !

Pubert

HSC
i got to eat while in year 10... just sit at the back and dont act suspicious and if you make it actually seem like your not doing anything wrong then the teachers dont care.

vizman

HSC
rofl. pubert ur doing the same subjects as me. wat school do you go to be the way?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
ichiraku said:
Hahaha. A guy in my year actually got permission from the Ancient History teacher to bring 'rations' into class because he gets so hungry. He eats 8 or some insane number like that of Weet-bix for breakfast, so I'm not surprised... :p

I_F

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i changed schools after year 10 but one thing i realised was that teachers are so much more sociable. i have had really nice talks with my business studies teacher =)

insert-username said:
Hahaha. A guy in my year actually got permission from the Ancient History teacher to bring 'rations' into class because he gets so hungry. He eats 8 or some insane number like that of Weet-bix for breakfast, so I'm not surprised... :p

I_F
haha that reminds me of my friend back in yr8. hes such a funny one lol

Last edited:

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
ichiraku said:
We've had that privilege implemented since year 9, but only if we shared the food with the teacher. Bummer.
And yeah, Googled, my school's already started a bit of year 11 and I personally feel that's it's a bit better than year 10, my biology class of about 18 has only one boy, ahaha. So yeah, I'm kinda excited to go back to school but bleh, I'm scared English will be hard ><"

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Our school has never allowed us to eat in class, we get detention if we are caught in the act. :burn:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Our school doesn't allow eating in the classrooms, although some students still do it. I think this is due to new regulations or OH&S rules but not to sure on that.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Kid.@dmin said:
Our school doesn't allow eating in the classrooms, although some students still do it. I think this is due to new regulations or OH&S rules but not to sure on that.
lol, they just dont want students to get the classroom's dirty which will then result in them in having to pay a clearner to clean it all up.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Teeheehee even if we're allowed to eat in class I wouldn't...no it's not cos I'm a goodie-goodie -_-''' See, I don't even eat during lunchtimes and recesses...I hide out in the computer room...:p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
airie said:
Teeheehee even if we're allowed to eat in class I wouldn't...no it's not cos I'm a goodie-goodie -_-''' See, I don't even eat during lunchtimes and recesses...I hide out in the computer room...:p
dont you get hungry? you need to eat at school :s

but anyway, year 11 should be a fun experience for you guys, not something to stress out about. Study, but dont burn yourself out. Enjoy the work, be interested in it and you'll be more motivated, it's more enjoyable = you study more and get better results. Think of it as practice for the HSC year - you're allowed to make mistakes, so learn from them. And dont completely abandon your life out of school either - sure, you need to work, and work hard, but dont let that scare you into becoming a study-hermit for the next two years. good luck!

R15I23D05D14Y

HSC
I really am looking forward to it. The only question on my mind is "does dropping the boring subjects make up for the extra work needed?".

Given this is my first post, I would like to take a half moment to thank the creators of BOS for creating BOS, thank the people helping in BOS for helping, and be generally thankful for BOS, which will no doubt be a comfort in times of stress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)