Westpac Mathematics Competition (1 Viewer)

duckcowhybrid

HSC
We don't do ICAS in Ruse =(. The Westpac paper is the one that everybody including "dumbshits" do (it's compulsory for all 3U+ students in Year 11/12 and all students in Years 7-10) and the UNSW 3 hour 6 question open book exam is only for smart kids, aka not me.

maths-bbqz

HSC
Which UNSW exam are you talking about. I did the 6 questions 3 hour one in year 9 and walked out after 2 hours because I didn't understand half the damn paper.
lol, same, except the teachers didnt let me out until the 3 hours passed

which one, wespec or unsw?

Getting prize for westpac >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> unsw one

Getting a prize for westpec is pretty hard. I got it only once...i was like top 0.2% of the country or something. My friend got this for 3 years in a row, placed like 0.1% or something for 3 years - freak...
Er...actually UNSW>westpac..
Yes, you do need to be top 0.2% of the state but the problem solving required in Westpac is way easier than UNSW (30 questions in 75 mins as opposed to 6 questions in 3 hours...)
& the award winners of UNSW are the top of the top, since only the best students of any school stand a chance, but there's an element of chance involved in the first 25 questions of westpac since it's all multiple choice, and considering there is a large pool of people competing, it's pretty much guaranteed that not all prizewinners actually have the problem solving skills
Even the marking criteria of UNSW favours the better students, as marks are based on elegance of methods not just the answer

Last edited:

Official

Bring it on
HSC
We don't do ICAS in Ruse =(. The Westpac paper is the one that everybody including "dumbshits" do (it's compulsory for all 3U+ students in Year 11/12 and all students in Years 7-10) and the UNSW 3 hour 6 question open book exam is only for smart kids, aka not me.
Lol I did the Senior one of UNSW and got assraped

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Yeh I still have the questions. Oh and I did the senior one because I felt like entering that one instead of juniors lol. Big mistake.
lol about choosing senior =)

Would you possibly be able to private message me the questions please =)

Dumbledore

HSC
Yeh I still have the questions. Oh and I did the senior one because I felt like entering that one instead of juniors lol. Big mistake.
could u pm me the questions 2? i wanna see if this guy at my school can do them, hes gotten 4 HD's in the westpac.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I think I'm doing that :S

I'll probably epic phail that anyway... the teacher made me do it (although i didn't want to >_<)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)