What are you attracted to? (1 Viewer)

The most important thing is:

• I'm a shallow person; how they look

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • I'm so deep; what's inside (eg personality)

Votes: 47 17.6%
  • I won't settle for anything less than looks and personality

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • It's not either; it's an unexplainable feeling

Votes: 98 36.7%

• Total voters

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
I go for personality... and the guys I've liked all had something unique about them, I didn't know any other guy like them... although I do have some standards with looks (as I think/hope most people do)... like they have to at least have some pride in themselves...

Like they'd at least not dress like a hobo, and care enough about themselves to not eat maccas/other form of fast food 5 days a week and keep up some general hygene such as teeth cleaning and showering.

No strange/scary odours for me thanks.

LazyBoy

HSC
lol sickle... i ate maccas everyday this week and still lost 4 kilos :p oh yeah sickle you dont happen to have a hammer i could borrow? :p

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
LazyBoy said:
lol sickle... i ate maccas everyday this week and still lost 4 kilos :p oh yeah sickle you dont happen to have a hammer i could borrow? :p

....Hammer?

God... how can u eat that stuff... I used to but when I stopped I just couldn't eat it, makes me sick every time.

LazyBoy

HSC
lol dont worry it was a joke that obviously went over your head. google Hammer and Sickle and youll see what i was refering to.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
LazyBoy said:
lol dont worry it was a joke that obviously went over your head. google Hammer and Sickle and youll see what i was refering to.
*Googles Hammer and Sickle*.... Communist Russia? hmmm well I'm not Russian, nor a communist lol.

LazyBoy

HSC
lol it was a bad joke... i heard your name i just thought hammer and sickle the flag of russia

em_516

bludging..
HSC
JKDDragon said:
Say you find a guy with a great personality, but he was 4 feet, bald, morbidly obese, hairy, stank and had a micropenis would you still be with him?
haha..ok..fair enough :p

but then perhaps he would just be a friend? great personality..no attraction.. :rolleyes:

LazyBoy

HSC
hey ugly people make great friends. but when push comes to shove thats all they will ever be. Ugly. the difference between friends and a relationship is the attraction. no one can really debate otherwise. if they are, they are lieing to themselfs.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
There has to be some degree of physical attraction, but I think personality is more important.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I'm attracted to both -looks and personality.
When I say "looks" that dosn't necessarily mean the person has to be the best looking person out or even good looking.There has to be something that physically draws/attracts ME to that person, whether it be their eyes, smile , etc.I don't care if someone else dosn't find that person attractive- what I find physically attractive someone may not, everyone has different tastes. Physical attraction is what makes us approach the oppisite sex, (if they are strangers thats the first thing we notice from afar)
Personality is very important.. The person has to have a good personality and we have to be able to connect on a personal level. If their personality isn't good then things won't work.

LazyBoy

HSC
iambored you are exactly correct. and its probably the best way i could also express my views. well done. :p

ilovejudelaw

HSC
i'd have to say, most girls would be instantly attracted to a guy they think is hot, however, with time, in knowing them either that attraction will grow or it will deterioate depending on their personality. and in the same way, people probably wouldnt straight away be attracted to an ugly guy, but in getting to know them, their personality can make them more attractive to you. so in that sense you can overcome looks....within reason. lol.

LazyBoy

HSC
although with girls it gets more complex, you go into the nice guy vs bad boy debate. with guys its the slut vs no slut debate. rofl

alien

HSC
ilovejudelaw said:
i'd have to say, most girls would be instantly attracted to a guy they think is hot, however, with time, in knowing them either that attraction will grow or it will deterioate depending on their personality. and in the same way, people probably wouldnt straight away be attracted to an ugly guy, but in getting to know them, their personality can make them more attractive to you. so in that sense you can overcome looks....within reason. lol.
that's actually quite true

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
LazyBoy said:
personally i disagree with that statement. im sticking with iamboreds response
lol thanks ... but my response can go a little further - i would say then, if you're put in the situation where you HAVE to interact with them and you HAVE to see them regularly and get to know their personality, with time, they can seem more attractive to you.

what i do disagree with is the part about "most girls would be instantly attracted to a guy they think is hot, ...in the same way, people probably wouldnt straight away be attracted to an ugly guy" because in my head hot and ugly don't have as much to do with attraction as certain characteristics/looks you may find attractive. l

leading on from my example in my last post - "whether it be something as simple as if they have brown hair, you're not attracted to them so you don't give them as much of a chance or you dismiss them " - this person would therefore not be attracted to someone brunette EVEN if they were hot.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Asquithian said:
I've met the best looking, hottest girls ever only to discover they have the personality of a sack of spuds and the maturity (despite being law students) of a 15 year old at best.
I'd still put 'em away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)