What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
is it just me or is there nothing more horrible than the thought of going to a book club

ughh

Lentern

HSC
is it just me or is there nothing more horrible than the thought of going to a book club

ughh
For future reference, next time you find yourself asking "is it just meor..." it's probably safe to assume it's just you. Not that I've ever been to a book club but I imagine a Coldplay concert for example would be less pleasant.

halapenyo

HSC
For future reference, next time you find yourself asking "is it just meor..." it's probably safe to assume it's just you. Not that I've ever been to a book club but I imagine a Coldplay concert for example would be less pleasant.
pretty weak comparison. there are worse things in life than going to a coldplay concert.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Stephen King 'The Eyes of the Dragon' best book ever
So there is another dark tower book by stephen king too

Idgi as far as I understood it, the 7th one was supposed to be the last

Lentern

HSC
School: Emma - Jane Austen (WORST NOVEL EVARR D:)
Non-school: The Unloved - John Saul
If you're trying to read Austen I wouldn't start with Emma, it's the most uneventful, laboriously written, sentimental of all her works. Sense and Sensibility is the busiest, easiest read by far.

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
I just finished Of Mice and Men
it was incredibly upsetting

Starting Grapes of Wrath or Paris in Love tonight, not sure which.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Of Mice and Men is a fantastic novel (we studied it for English in year 11 as a comparative study with 'American Beauty'- the movie.

And to those reading Emma, I feel your pain, my sister is reading it for Adv English as a comparative study with 'Clueless' the movie. She absolutely hates it lol, she comes home every day going "omg that is the most boring book ever, nothing is happening and there are like 5 billion characters"

HSC
N/A
Of Mice and Men is a fantastic novel (we studied it for English in year 11 as a comparative study with 'American Beauty'- the movie.

And to those reading Emma, I feel your pain, my sister is reading it for Adv English as a comparative study with 'Clueless' the movie. She absolutely hates it lol, she comes home every day going "omg that is the most boring book ever, nothing is happening and there are like 5 billion characters"
I loved Emma, haha. :p
I didn't even do it, but I read it to see what the fuss was about.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
1984 by George Orwell for Adv
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad for Eng ext

Two very heavy readings... but they are both pretty good and deserve respect, especially 1984
Hahahaha they're not heavy kid. 1984 is an easy read, whilst Conrad just sucks balls at setting the scene through describing the world around him, but otherwise it's a simple tale. What's you definition of a 'light' read? Clifford the Big Red Dog?

Lentern

HSC
Hahahaha they're not heavy kid. 1984 is an easy read, whilst Conrad just sucks balls at setting the scene through describing the world around him, but otherwise it's a simple tale. What's you definition of a 'light' read? Clifford the Big Red Dog?
1984 is pretty dense, that you enjoyed it doesn't necessarily make it light reading.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
1984 is pretty dense, that you enjoyed it doesn't necessarily make it light reading.
only part i would consider "dense" is that part in the middle where they are reading excerpts from that guy's book and the treatise about Ingsoc

the rest is pretty simple to read imo

Lentern

HSC
only part i would consider "dense" is that part in the middle where they are reading excerpts from that guy's book and the treatise about Ingsoc

the rest is pretty simple to read imo
Dunno what you'd define as dense then frankly, it was a brilliantly convoluted story and Orwell pulls no punches in using sophisticated language. I suppose it has a fairly decent pace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)