What are you currently Reading? (2 Viewers)

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I have this bad habbit of starting books, nt finishing them and then when i go back to read them, i start from the beginning..
-Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austin)
-Ulysses (James Joyce)
-Utopia (Thomas Moore)
-Les Liaisons Dangereuses (Choderlos de Lacos)
-The End of the Affair (Graham Greene)
-The Bible

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Just (well about a month ago; but you get the pic!) finished reading 'Finding Cassie Crazy' by Jaclyn Moriarty; author of 'Feeling Sorry for Celia'.

I picked it up at Big W just cause I felt like reading a new book.

In my opinion it was a great choice! It's a quirky story, but was very enjoyable! I don't know how else to explain it, so I'll write the blurb; see if you'd be interested!

"Year 10 is pretty crazy for best friends Lydia, Cassie and Emily, and when their English teacher starts the Pen Pal Project so that they can experience the Joy of the Envelope with boys from scary Brookfield High, life gets even crazier.

As Lydia turns into a secret agent and Emily a relationship expert, it is not so clear what is happening to Cassie. She is writing to someone, but not even her friends know what is going on. Does she even have a pen pal? Or has Cassie really lost it?"

Okay, so reading back on the blurb, it may seem a bit corny; but it's a really good book!

inasero

Reborn
HSC
reading "crime and punishment" by fyodor dostoevsky- highly recommended!

rusty_rouge

HSC
mayhemily said:
Unless you actually like endings; i've been waiting seven years or so for the final book.
Yeah - apparently the next one's coming out this year - or so Isobelle Carmody says...Then she went and started a new series....grrr.....

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
choco said:
just finished da vinci code reading life of pi atm....

anyone know any good autobiographies/memoirs?

i've read memoirs of a geisha already
u should try reading the autobiography by Adeline Yen Mah...its interesting and the language is simple and somewhat soft flowing.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Lucia Lucia by Adriana Trigiani

and

stuck in the middle of Kafka's The Trial. Has anyone ever read that in one sitting??? it's ridiculous how I can't just sit to read it for more than thirty or so pages! (sorry had to rant..)

mugnet

HSC
i have a thing where i always seem to be halfway through a couple of books at one time...currently Schindler's Ark, On the Road by Jack Kerouac (love it love it love it !!!!) and a really old, crappy David Bowie biography

violentlazy

HSC
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series (for the 10th time)!!!!! Douglas Adams

J

jhakka

Lady of the Sorrows by Cecilia Dart-Thornton.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)