What are you looking forward to most after the SC? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Haha wow I didn't even think of buying textbooks for next year... I am so screwed for prelims and HSC haha

Anyway, I'm looking forward to
> Work experience - 16th and 17th Nov
> Formal - 19th
> No more geography, Australian history, health, PE or commerce!!!
> Bludging all lessons :]

blonde_auspo

HSC
:balloon::party:NO MORE HISTORY or GEOGRAPHY EVER...... OR SCIENCE

THE FORMAL :D:D:D:D:D
BLUGING (till YEAR11)
MOVIE SESSIONS WID FRIENDS
SHOPS
HOLIDAYING
NO MORE HEARING "GO STUDY" FROM PARENTS

FREEDOOOOOMMMMMMM (till nxt yr) :) :baloon:
:hippie:

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Well... its not like its too late to buy those textbooks o__O

We still have 3 months before the beginning of Year 11.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Fail? o___O

Omfg I cant wait for my formal. We have people who used to go to our school coming!! :D

Rodger Gu

HSC
What I look forward to after the school certificate
-No more History
-No more Geography
-No more people that don't want to go to school
-Knowing that everything you do starting in about 2 months will greatly affect your life
-Massive holiday
-Simply knowing that your a senior and junior school has finished
-Doing subjects that you truly like
-

Official

Bring it on
HSC
After SC, I'm going to start doing some studying for Year 11, I've already got the Jacaranda Chemistry 1 textbook, plus I'm in an accelerated Maths class doing Year 12 2U Maths, so I need to study hard on that as well :S

What I AM looking forward to though, is the feeling that I never have to do Geography and Australian History again.
3U you mean? Niven said yes.

klaris

HSC
AHH!! I cannot wait.

No more science
No more maths
No more geography
No more stupid trial practice papers
No more elective Art ('elective' being an extremely loose term. More like 'you have no other choice. I don't care about your pathetic excuse for being away on Subjects Day. I'm putting you in Art.' Grrrr.)

Formal
Gold Coast trip
Ending school three weeks early
Having random sleepovers in the middle of the week
Going to and hosting random parties (my excuse is "I'm having a post-SC party, Dad, everyone is really burnt out from studying" Pft. Yeah right)
Formal after-party
Showing up late to class and doing nothing all lesson
Annoying my Science teacher by quoting Juno at every chance I get (he hates that movie and I love it haha)

Bring on Year 11, basically.

This isn't really school-related but meh. Still kinda counts coz we get out of school early, hehe.

Spending all day at the beach
Collecting all of our (friends and I) change up and spending it all on junk food mwhaha
Shopping all day long
Movie Marathons
My dad teaching me how to drive
Getting my L's.
Going to a hell of a lot of 16ths.
Sleeping in until noon most days haha.
Lazing around and reading and basically doing nothing.
Catching a train/bus into the city to go do random stuff.

And that is just about it, I'd say.

Well, I am definitely looking forward to end of term and everything that goes along with it.

Bye, year 10.

And WOW this is pretty much the longest post ever (well, for me anyway)

HSC
Uni Grad
Well, it's probably a time for me to have reflection for what I'm gonna do for yr 11/12.... thinking about study techniques, trying to go on the PC less, writing techniques to improve my English and every other subject that requires writing..

As well as that, I'm gonna prepare myself for the Extension 1 preliminary course so I'll be ready to ace it next year just to get into 4U maths (coz Blackwattle Bay requires applicants of 4U maths to be excelling in 2U and the 3U course... just say around at least 80=85%) =P

Otherwise, just enjoy the last few weeks of year 10.... not really anything to worry about (except my AMEB piano exam a week after school cert >_<)...

chevlr

HSC
no more learning about stupid things like australia's contribution to the united nations and the importance of biotechnology, and starting to learn about real things in maths and science (hopefully)
oh yeh and no more geography!!

emmcyclopedia

HSC
After SC, I'm going to start doing some studying for Year 11, I've already got the Jacaranda Chemistry 1 textbook, plus I'm in an accelerated Maths class doing Year 12 2U Maths, so I need to study hard on that as well :S

What I AM looking forward to though, is the feeling that I never have to do Geography and Australian History again.
Conquering Chemistry is good at covering each of the dot-points and explaining concepts that you're having difficulty with. I used it to supplement my school-provided textbook, Chemistry Contexts. I found Chem Contexts was a lot more in depth on most of the course, but some parts it skimped on while other parts of the syllabus were explored extremely in-depth. See if you can borrow textbooks from a library rather than borrowing them all, it becomes quite expensive!

For maths get J.B. Fitzpatrick
It's the Ruseian's bible.

Definitely get DotPoint for bio, phys or chem. It's also another bible for the Ruseian's.

I've already got my hands on them.
Let the competition begin.
+1
Fitzpatrick is the shizzle.
Its great for 3U, but I found it also gave us a significant advantage over the 2U class because they only used Maths In Focus (I think?) and the questions didn't increase in difficulty. Fitzpatrick is good at giving some quirky questions, and extend your abilities a lot more than other textbooks. I have also been told that Cambridge is fantastic, though I've only had minimal exposure to it.

i'm damned for prelims next year,
and my HSC if i have to compete with u guys ...

;]
Better get crack-a-lackin' then my friend if you want that ATAR > 90.
@ Momoki, relax. Don't burn out, you've gotta pace yourself over 2 years.

From someone who's just finished, let me just say that you'll have plenty of time to study everything next year. Imo, you'd be better off catching up with life, sleeping, having fun, just being a kid =]

@ Bringonthenerds, chillax dude! A 90+ ATAR - heck , the entire HSC - is achievable without busting your gut from day-dot. Consistency is important. When you get in next year, just keep doing a bit of work each night. Not 5 hours. More like 2. Do that every night, and you'll be laughing.

HSC = Consistency.
It's not a sprint race.

Thats my 2 cents =]

angelarr

HSC
Work Experience.
Formal.
Peer Support Camp.
Bludge.
Summer Holidays :)

Uzername

B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D.
HSC
I really look forward to working out / go to the gym again, I've been tied down with studying so much

-play more sport, ie some Cricket
-more time chilling, relaxing
-playing my musical instruments...

Anyways, I should be studying! Lol, I'm gettin ahead of myself

Salliea

HSC
After school certificate is my go CRAZY time >V< ~:devil:~
Looking forward to no more unwanted subjects and shopping and free time and doing whatever i feel like xD :p~!!

Sngbrd06

HSC
No more school, especially science and PE.
We finish right after SC, then just a few seminars and it's overrrrr!
Looking forward to formal, also.

neontiger

HSC
Dropping Maths.
Dropping Science.
NO MORE TRIGONOMETRY EVER!!!

Actually, next year should be awesome. I'm only doing subjects i like AND i can bludge the whole year because it counts towards nothing!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)