What are your tutoring horror stories? (1 Viewer)

TheBondiTutor

HSC
Uni Grad
It's normal to wonder whether or not tutoring would benefit you during the HSC.

After all a lot of the students who achieve ATAR's of 98+ get tutored and spend a small fortune in doing so.
There is also a large group of students who spend a small fortune on tutoring and have terrible, existential crisis inducing experiences.

Current and former HSC students what are your tutoring horror stories?

If you've never had tutoring, what are you most anxious about getting tutored?

StudiousStudent

HSC
I was tutored in primary school, but not at all during high school. I don't think it makes that much of a difference tbh.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I was getting tutored for a chapter in maths that I had trouble with. I was expecting one of my mates to show up and then all of a sudden a few of my mates join in, and the whole mood changed for me. I had to get another session because in the previous session with my mates I couldn't absorb the information properly and I couldn't ask what I wanted because it was a surprise seeing a few of my mates there when I thought I was gonna go with only one.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I was getting tutored for a chapter in maths that I had trouble with. I was expecting one of my mates to show up and then all of a sudden a few of my mates join in, and the whole mood changed for me. I had to get another session because in the previous session with my mates I couldn't absorb the information properly and I couldn't ask what I wanted because it was a surprise seeing a few of my mates there when I thought I was gonna go with only one.
for some reason this ended up sounding like an orgy in my head.

astroman

HSC
Story time, back in year 4, me and a few of my friends got group tutoring to get into the OC (opportunity class). Being the mischievous little faggots that we were then, we used to misbehave and just treat the tutoring session as a playground, jumping around, climbing up the bookshelf, the usual stuff. So, once all our parents realised we were not doing jack shit, being the indian/asian folks that they are, they asked the tutor (who was indian too) to hit us when we didn't listen. Now, we didn't know about this and so come next week, we carry on with our usual shit, not listening, laughing in class, yada yada. Then out of nowhere, the tutor grabs his 1m ruler and smashes it towards my leg, luckily, the table leg blocked the hit and I almost shat my pants. Regardless of this, it still wasn't clear that the message was across to everyone and so one of my mates continues to be an idiot, then, the tutor picks him up from the back of his shirt and throws him onto the table and begins beating his ass literally. We watched in awe thinking wtf, need less to say, we all made it into OC class :lol:

Error404

HSC
Story time, back in year 4, me and a few of my friends got group tutoring to get into the OC (opportunity class). Being the mischievous little faggots that we were then, we used to misbehave and just treat the tutoring session as a playground, jumping around, climbing up the bookshelf, the usual stuff. So, once all our parents realised we were not doing jack shit, being the indian/asian folks that they are, they asked the tutor (who was indian too) to hit us when we didn't listen. Now, we didn't know about this and so come next week, we carry on with our usual shit, not listening, laughing in class, yada yada. Then out of nowhere, the tutor grabs his 1m ruler and smashes it towards my leg, luckily, the table leg blocked the hit and I almost shat my pants. Regardless of this, it still wasn't clear that the message was across to everyone and so one of my mates continues to be an idiot, then, the tutor picks him up from the back of his shirt and throws him onto the table and begins beating his ass literally. We watched in awe thinking wtf, need less to say, we all made it into OC class :lol:
damn... well you did make it to oc...

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
If only it wasn't illegal. We would actually produce disciplined graduates instead of 99% of students being rowdy af and going to TAFE and siphoning tax payers money through centrelink.

Orwell

HSC
This story has me dying.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I've never been tutored before but I have tried tutoring one off lessons for family/friends before at no cost.

My horror story is that one time I almost fell asleep tutoring someone.

I then realised that it's best I don't do any one-on-one tutoring because it would be hard for me to teach basic stuff really well because I kinda assume that it's already known. I'm only good at answering one off questions instead so uni tutoring/lab demonstrating would probably work out alright.

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok so in year 6 we had this program at school where a handful of year 6 kids got to tutor needy infants kids, anyway I was one of those year 6 kids (because I was a major suckup) anyway, they made the times really weird, and the chick I was with flaked out, so there was me trying to teach sight words, go through colours, and counting games with three kindi kids for 15 minutes of a morning.
Then after lunch for an hour it was a free for all, each kid in the tutoring program had a folder of stuff to do with them, and it was grab a folder, find the kid, do the activity. But to motivate us they gave us PBL tickets per kid we completed in the folder, which resulted in people rushing through, and faking doing stuff with the kids so you got PBL tickets, heck once some kid left their PBL tickets from lunch behind so I took them and didn't even tell them.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
If only it wasn't illegal. We would actually produce disciplined graduates instead of 99% of students being rowdy af and going to TAFE and siphoning tax payers money through centrelink.
We need blue collared workers tho

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Flop21

HSC
Yes!! I love teaching kids that violence is okay!!

Got a problem that you need to deal with? Just pick up a weapon and start beating! Slightly annoyed at someone? You know what to do... violence!
/s

Such a fucked up thing to teach a little kid. Learn some better discipline techniques.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Yes!! I love teaching kids that violence is okay!!

Got a problem that you need to deal with? Just pick up a weapon and start beating! Slightly annoyed at someone? You know what to do... violence!
/s

Such a fucked up thing to teach a little kid. Learn some better discipline techniques.
Most azn kids grew up with parents beating their ass, didn't make us become violent and pick up weapons just because we were annoyed or something
Like i swear grounding kids doesn't really work haha

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Yeh and its coz i got beat as a kid that i actually have and show respect to my parents, not like the lousy, punk ass kids nowadays

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)