• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What are your tutoring horror stories? (3 Viewers)

Orwell

HSC
If only it wasn't illegal. We would actually produce disciplined graduates instead of 99% of students being rowdy af and going to TAFE and siphoning tax payers money through centrelink.
Or we could abolish the teacher's union and dispel government intervention in the economy which would lead to the efficient fostering of quality teaching without militant means of discipline.

It's a win-win.

baktiar77

HSC
Or we could abolish the teacher's union and dispel government intervention in the economy which would lead to the efficient fostering of quality teaching without militant means of discipline.

It's a win-win.
So only the rich can afford to go to schools and teachers mostly female would lose out their maternity leave?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You don't have to physically hurt someone to make a point.

Any way, stay on topic please.

the_matrix

HSC
Some guy didn't do homework and the tutor got so pissed off he punched the table in front of me and swore for 10 minutes. I got jump scared like crazy and have been sitting at the back row since that day...

Does this count as an actual horror story? >.<

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Scaring someone into discipline is never the scaring someone into discipline is never the answer tbh

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I went to this tutoring place called the Brain back in year 7 and farrrrr the staff there were a whole bunch of fuckwits who didn't want to take my learning seriously. Anyways here's my story: http://community.boredofstudies.org/483/tutoring-colleges/279141/brain-english-tutoring.html

They couldn't respect the fact that I was paying money for tutoring and just wasted my time by "having fun". Hope their business fails one day and they lose all their profits. Fucking moneygrubbers thinking they have some position in this society. I hope the staff there that wasted my time and money suffer physical and mental pain for that they did to me :p. Think my education's funny, how about I think your suffering is funny

By the way they should rename their tutoring centre to something more like "the idiot" or "no brain" or rather combine the two and go by the name of "the idiot with no brain"

I went to this tutoring centre in year 8 only for like 2 months named TIPPS education in year 8 and I absolutely hated it there. During the 2 hour lesson, the teacher spent only like 20 minutes going through the theory and 1 hour 40 mins "wasting time" by doing a set of questions and whatever you need help with you ask. Tutoring's not about time wasting, it's about learning for gods sake. You can do time wasting activities when you're at home not at fucking tutoring. The tutoring place also forced me to go to extra classes in the holidays but I didn't want to because I wanted to have a break, I didn't want to spend too much money and I didn't like the fact that they didn't give me refunds and they requested us pay money for lessons we didn't attend. Fuck that tutoring centre, they're just a whole bunch of moneygrubbers and timewasters. Think it's okay to waste ppl's time and money, how about we all ditch you?

I never went to Terry Lee but had a friend who did and told me that similar to TIPPS, terry lee did heaps of timewasting and ripped ppl of by charging them $25 an hour for a bullshit service. Similar to TIPPS he couldn't respect the fact that people were going to tutoring. Anyways, I hate that cunt for not letting me into his tutoring and not answering my questions via email (regarding his tutoring). Hope he dies for not answering my questions considering that he didn't let me in his tutoring

Had this really cheap asian tutor at this one point who tutored me maths during the holidays. Didn't like him at all because he seemed to have this rude attitude of not saying hi or bye to me or not even referring to me by my first name. The only thing I liked about him was that he answered my Q's about uni and stuff. He was cheap as fuck but was absolutely terrible at teaching. Also made me do timewasting activities which I didn't like but he said "you need to do some practice Q's". Also didn't like the fact he didn't introduce things in a clear and engaging manner to me. Thank god he's not tutoring me anymore. Only thing he was considerate about was that I was in a bad financial state and that was it (that's why I needed a cheap dodgy tutor like him and I needed it urgently)

Last edited:

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
for some reason this ended up sounding like an orgy in my head.
I was pretty annoyed because when I needed a private session to understand the information... my mates rock up...

si2136

HSC
N/A
Don't really have a horror story, but more of a funny story.

On Saturdays, when I was in year 6, I would go to Pre-Uni at Homebush Boys Public School and I would also stay there after school for after-school care/help. I had a supervisor/tutor there that supervised all of the students, there was around 10 kids. One day, I was telling everyone a really dirty joke, and everyone started laughing, and even the teacher. Suddenly, there was vomit everywhere. An indian girl was laughing too hard and she started farting, and she just vomited o_O

Well, the teacher was covered with vomit, and I made another joke, which I actually remember, "I guess she made a SPEW!"

And everyone started laughing again and the teacher licked the vomit.

The end.

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad

On Saturdays, when I was in year 6, I would go to Pre-Uni at Homebush Boys Public School and I would also stay there after school for after-school care/help. I had a supervisor/tutor there that supervised all of the students, there was around 10 kids. One day, I was telling everyone a really dirty joke, and everyone started laughing, and even the teacher. Suddenly, there was vomit everywhere. An indian girl was laughing too hard and she started farting, and she just vomited o_O

Well, the teacher was covered with vomit, and I made another joke, which I actually remember, "I guess she made a SPEW!"

The end.
WHAT?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

The end.
Wtf ....

Shuuya

HSC

The end.
That's definitely a horror story lol

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Yes!! I love teaching kids that violence is okay!!

Got a problem that you need to deal with? Just pick up a weapon and start beating! Slightly annoyed at someone? You know what to do... violence!
/s

Such a fucked up thing to teach a little kid. Learn some better discipline techniques.
Enlighten me. Violence, of course, is not the answer all the time. But you can't fucking keep children at such a neurologically vulnerable time in their development to learn bad habits. Like Sien said, most asian kids grew up with a beating and they didn't become violent or anything. But look at those affluent white rich kids (not generalizing, just an example) who get everything handed to them and then go fucking shoot up schools? Don't bring American gun laws into this, because I have not heard of a large amount of asian kids shoot up schools in the past in comparison. Then when these kids get to court, their defense lawyers argue that "they brought up in a wealthy lifestyle so they did not know right from wrong" - no, maybe if they grew up knowing what violence truly was they could learn better respect and discipline.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC

The end.
um.

RyanT7

HSC

The end.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Enlighten me. Violence, of course, is not the answer all the time. But you can't fucking keep children at such a neurologically vulnerable time in their development to learn bad habits. Like Sien said, most asian kids grew up with a beating and they didn't become violent or anything. But look at those affluent white rich kids (not generalizing, just an example) who get everything handed to them and then go fucking shoot up schools? Don't bring American gun laws into this, because I have not heard of a large amount of asian kids shoot up schools in the past in comparison. Then when these kids get to court, their defense lawyers argue that "they brought up in a wealthy lifestyle so they did not know right from wrong" - no, maybe if they grew up knowing what violence truly was they could learn better respect and discipline.
Hey, but they're psychologically traumatised.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Yea because majority of the population in asia are psychologically traumatized.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Yea because majority of the population in asia are psychologically traumatized.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
I don't think Sien, DAL or I are psychologically traumatized.

That's good, but honestly I don't believe so, it tends to have an indirect relationship with the traumas in your life.

Yes, everyone is traumatized.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)