What are your tutoring horror stories? (1 Viewer)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Haven't gotten beat ever, still respect my parents. Haven't turned out fucked up.

Bf has been beaten to death, has lost his relationship with parents.

Anecdotal evidence but yeah, it's still something.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Haven't gotten beat ever, still respect my parents. Haven't turned out fucked up.

Bf has been beaten to death, has lost his relationship with parents.

Anecdotal evidence but yeah, it's still something.
I still respect them just don't tell them anything, what I am doing, don't initiate conversation with them etc pretty much the same as you imo

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Ur parents don't even know what degree ur doing or how u flew to Melbourne in 2014

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Jesus christ I wasn't going to respond to this shit but c'mon can't you see how dumb you guys sound when you generalise things like this????? Stop being so ignorant and realise that there are MUCH better ways to discipline / change behaviour.

We as humans are all different, we are affected by things differently as a result (play of genetics and environment). So smacking a child might have either a positive effect (like apparently it had on you) or a negative effect. Don't be naive and think smacking a child results in good things all the time. Sometimes getting smacked doesn't do shit, the kid still can turn out to be an asshole.

I have my own anecdotal evidence but it doesn't mean shit because like I said it varies from person to person (just like yours doesn't).

Not just asian parents beat their kids?? Most of the older generations beat their kids. At least in my family.

See this blog about methods of changing your kid's behaviour WITHOUT beating them.
I believe you may be contradicting yourself lel

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
I believe you may be contradicting yourself lel
That doesn't look like I'm contradicting myself at all, not sure what you're talking about.

New evidence has come out:

http://psycnet.apa.org/?&fa=main.doiLanding&doi=10.1037/fam0000191

"Spanking children increases the likelihood of childhood defiance and long-term mental issues. The study in question involved 160,000 children and five decades of research"

You cannot continue to think hitting your kid is okay. Please educate yourselves if you think otherwise.

Error404

HSC
That doesn't look like I'm contradicting myself at all, not sure what you're talking about.

New evidence has come out:

http://psycnet.apa.org/?&fa=main.doiLanding&doi=10.1037/fam0000191

"Spanking children increases the likelihood of childhood defiance and long-term mental issues. The study in question involved 160,000 children and five decades of research"

You cannot continue to think hitting your kid is okay. Please educate yourselves if you think otherwise.
Tell that to my mum she threatened me with a knife, punches me and hits me with a wooden ladle thing so...
One time she actually stood on me I thought my ribs would break or something I was eleven then, my dad usually doesn't do anything only sometimes he actually stops my mum. Just recently my mum broke my glasses by hitting my face.

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Tell that to my mum she threatened me with a knife, punches me and hits me with a wooden ladle thing so...
One time she actually stood on me I thought my ribs would break or something I was eleven then, my dad usually doesn't do anything only sometimes he actually stops my mum. Just recently my mum broke my glasses by hitting my face.
Learn to defend yourself by taking some sort of martial arts

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
wtf... get her arrested

Error404

HSC
wtf... get her arrested
She's my mum nonetheless, I don't want to be associated with criminals... (I plan to get a 99+ atar be a doctor leave the house and never keep contact with family, except maybe my siblings.)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Your mum is crazy

Tiger asian parents?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)