What are your tutoring horror stories? (1 Viewer)

Error404

HSC
Sad :(

Move out asap ^^

ALso should be beneficial to get counselling for ~issues~ that arise.
Nah, I'm fine so far I don't need counselling, not really that emotional crazy or anything. :p

I do a lot of sports though joined this track team or something at school I don't know. We just run on the oval while being timed and have competitions and miss out on geography yay.

A friend of mine goes counselling now she has issues lol. jk

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah, I'm fine so far I don't need counselling, not really that emotional crazy or anything. I don't really show emotion anymore but I usually joke about everything and laugh a lot. :p
AHAH.

Laughing is good =)

What do you mean by you don't show emotion?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I've see kids call their parents bitches, fgts etc
Wtf.... yea i admit i can be a sarcastic cunt to my parents sometimes when i talk back (out of anger) , i never insulted my own parents especially calling them names like that. Those fkheads need their ass beat till it's parallel to the ground. Thing is it's usually non azn kids talking like that.
Legit 'time outs' 'grounding' is the most ineffective forms of discipline. What is it teaching exactly? Even when i was beat as a child, i sometimes still had that last shred of 'i was right, they were wrong' notion in me. Just imagine if my parents used white ppl discipline methods on me, i would be the most self-righteous dumbass till this day. If violence is wrong way to discipline kids, what is the right way to go? There is no other discipline that is effective like getting your ass beat.
Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read in my life.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Error404, I feel you man. Stay strong

Listen to fight song by rachael Platten, hopefully that'll help

Flop21

HSC
Tell that to my mum she threatened me with a knife, punches me and hits me with a wooden ladle thing so...
One time she actually stood on me I thought my ribs would break or something I was eleven then, my dad usually doesn't do anything only sometimes he actually stops my mum. Just recently my mum broke my glasses by hitting my face.
If you're still under 18 and still being hit, call the police. There are new laws and they are much more serious about this thing (because they can be responsible if they don't do anything about it and they were called out).

If your <18 the police will automatically apply for a AVO/ADVO. Because it is made by the police it can't be withdrawn, so your mum can't pressure you to withdraw it since you didn't make it. She'll have to go to court. If it's applied she won't be allow a firearms licence or a working with children check. The AVO is not a criminal conviction and doesn't 'go on your record'. A slight red mark will be enough evidence.

I'd say call them if she does something like that again, it'll be hard having to deal with all that crap, but once it is in place, hopefully your mum will not touch you again since she'll get a conviction if she breaches the AVO.

--

But yeah, your mum has issues, sorry. There's not much we can do to change our parents, we can only hope they change themselves. Older people tend to just really stick to their own values whether their right or wrong. It's annoying and I just hope the new generation isn't so stubborn.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
If you're still under 18 and still being hit, call the police. There are new laws and they are much more serious about this thing (because they can be responsible if they don't do anything about it and they were called out).

If your <18 the police will automatically apply for a AVO/ADVO. Because it is made by the police it can't be withdrawn, so your mum can't pressure you to withdraw it since you didn't make it. She'll have to go to court. If it's applied she won't be allow a firearms licence or a working with children check. The AVO is not a criminal conviction and doesn't 'go on your record'. A slight red mark will be enough evidence.

I'd say call them if she does something like that again, it'll be hard having to deal with all that crap, but once it is in place, hopefully your mum will not touch you again since she'll get a conviction if she breaches the AVO.

--

But yeah, your mum has issues, sorry. There's not much we can do to change our parents, we can only hope they change themselves. Older people tend to just really stick to their own values whether their right or wrong. It's annoying and I just hope the new generation isn't so stubborn.
I think OP's objective is not to be kicked out of the house and yeah although what you're saying will ensure her safety I don't think financially there's any way for her to support herself and foster parents just nah

Flop21

HSC
I think OP's objective is not to be kicked out of the house and yeah although what you're saying will ensure her safety I don't think financially there's any way for her to support herself and foster parents just nah
What? An ADVO doesn't mean you can't still live together.

But maybe you mean if her parents kick her out after she gets an AVO? That'd be truly fucked up, and I don't think that would be a normal reaction. I'd imagine it'd be a wake up call to the mother. But then again people who do this sort of stuff aren't exactly all perfect in the head. But I'd imagine the father would not let that happen.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I think error is a girl
When i meant "I feel you man" I mean man in that context...if you get what I mean...For example when you would say to someone "fucking hell man", or "hurry up man" or... "what's your problem man"...you get what I mean...It's hard to explain

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
I tutored a student in 2014, going to their house it was constant yelling to their kids. They seemed to have money too, driving a BMW and nice house. They say money can buy happiness but it was the total opposite when I saw them, I felt a bit bad for the kid too, as he was suspended a few times from school. (Alot of I believed down to her aggressive mother)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)