What car do you drive? (the new one) (1 Viewer)

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Who actually has a car?

Tuned by STI Liberty, driven every day.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Yeah true. Rotary is the most unique shiz I've ever seen. I still don't understand how they work exactly. Research time for me!

However, the boxer doesn't just change the engine layout, it changes the whole chassis.

It allows the centre of gravity to be much lower, which is why Subaru have decided to increase the Outback's ground clearance.

Also, if it weren't for the boxer, then you need a completely different system if you want to get AWD.

Of course, AWD is not ideal in every situation (Harder to drift or burnout), but then again for everyday driving, I would much prefer AWD.

After comparing a brand new front wheel drive, two other FR's as well as an RR, The smoothest acceleration has still been in a 90's AWD.

You don't get that cradle rock up or down when accelerating.
Prefer AWD for royal nasho too

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Tuned by STI Liberty, driven every day.
Year model or era?

Mine's a '98.

Though no way tuned by STI.

Maybe on full's I'll get it done with the newer model we have (hoping for hand me down in 5 years time).

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Year model or era?

Mine's a '98.

Though no way tuned by STI.

Maybe on full's I'll get it done with the newer model we have (hoping for hand me down in 5 years time).
It's an '07 manual sedan in black decked out with all the options :)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
It's an '07 manual sedan in black decked out with all the options :)
Beautiful machine you have there :')

I've driven the newer one's with cvt (except just normal Premium version). They're pretty sick.

cjporter97

HSC
MAKE: Mitsubishi
MODEL: Lancer MR
YEAR: 2001
LIKES: Good fuel economy. I need it. Minimum 40 km trip to get anywhere.
DISLIKES: Shows dirty pretty easy.
Extra: it's red!
PLANS FOR FUTURE: I don't even know!
PHOTOS:

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Beautiful machine you have there :')

I've driven the newer one's with cvt (except just normal Premium version). They're pretty sick.
I'd really love to try the new Forester XT, I hear the CVT there is amazeballs.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I'd really love to try the new Forester XT, I hear the CVT there is amazeballs.
Haha. Well a Forester is definitely what I would consider the day I start settling down and decide to start populating :p

But my dad prefers the older system to cvt. I say otherwise.

There is this high inertia when you don't use the accelerator at low speeds which apparently makes it too "slow" for him at low speeds. So you have to use the accelerator when going over speed bumps too slow haha. You also need to use it a bit when accelerating, similar to a manual.

And he complains that he sometimes is driving 10+ kph over the limit and doesn't realise because the ride is super smooth and there are no acceleration jerks for gear change.

I would definitely say its amazeballs though :D

Boxer meat one day;)

Last edited:

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha. Well a Forester is definitely what I would consider the day I start settling down and decide to start populating :p

But my dad prefers the older system to cvt. I say otherwise.

There is this high inertia when you don't use the accelerator at low speeds which apparently makes it too "slow" for him at low speeds. So you have to use the accelerator when going over speed bumps too slow haha. You also need to use it a bit when accelerating, similar to a manual.

And he complains that he sometimes is driving 10+ kph over the limit and doesn't realise because the ride is super smooth and there are no acceleration jerks for gear change.

I would definitely say its amazeballs though :D

Boxer meat one day;)
Tried the BRZ with the CVT, I wonder if it would be similar. Felt super smooth, like the car was almost happier in the CVT mode than paddleshift (even if I preferred the paddles for the sake of burpy induction noise).

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Tried the BRZ with the CVT, I wonder if it would be similar. Felt super smooth, like the car was almost happier in the CVT mode than paddleshift (even if I preferred the paddles for the sake of burpy induction noise).
Next time if you get a chance, just check it and see what happens. The car is definitely happier with the CVT. If you think that's smooth wait until you try it in a symmetrical AWD. You can barely notice any acceleration haha.

I doubt you would need the paddles unless you feel the torque conversion is too slow when flat footing the accelerator :p

I think the paddles are a separate transmission system too (old system).

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
A lot of people underestimate them. Much better than the standard Camry.
definitely

only real "issue" i have with it is that it feels quite plastic on the inside, but for it's price range and the fact it's a toyota it is definitely really good

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
definitely

only real "issue" i have with it is that it feels quite plastic on the inside, but for it's price range and the fact it's a toyota it is definitely really good
Lol'ed.

Toyota's are too stereotyped nowadays.

I'm picking up my new 2009 Mazda 3 tomorrow :D
Manual or Auto?

Toyota Yaris 2005 lol
Manual or auto?

My mate has a manual Yaris and in manual, they are a fun drive. Even though they don't have much power, they are a fun drive.....

TafeHereICome

HSC
MAKE: Nissan
MODEL: Skyline 25GT
YEAR: 1998
DISLIKES: Drinks too much fucking petrol, non turbo, auto.
Extra:
PLANS FOR FUTURE: Once NSW changes their turbo law, swap to 25GT-T and JDM it up!
PHOTOS:

Attachments

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Good car^.

I have a 98 and it drinks heaps of petrol too.

Probably takes 15 L per 100km max.

Maybe minimum would be 11L per 100km.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)