What car do you drive? (the new one) (1 Viewer)

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
this is very true. Having a car worth less than $5k and with less than $1k a year of costs associated with it is a good start to things. That way you don't have to worry about it too much if something happens to the physical body (paint, low speed crashes, etc).

Though with this concept, you need to make sure you have the right engine to last you a desired amount of time.
i regret nothing. ;)

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes but at least you are a responsible driver and you got that boxer beast after a few years of driving :p
Here I was thinking I was gonna move my Suzuki Swift on at the end of next year or early 2016 and putting in an order for a Mustang GT. I try to drive responsibly on the road, endangering yourself is one thing but I couldn't do something that would endanger a bystander because I was doing something stupid. I couldn't live with that. :p

jackl25

HSC
Ooh, I'll contribute; because its a better use of my time than further procrastinating over this IBUS assignment!

MAKE:Mazda
MODEL:3 MPS
YEAR: 2009
LIKES: Everything. Especially the boost when the turbo kicks in. And the look. And the colour.
DISLIKES: Mazda servicing costs. And I loathe the dealership.
FUN FACT/OTHER/MODLIST: The paint colour is Celestial Blue. Thus, her name is Celeste. She replaced 'Tina the 92 Astina.'
PLANS FOR FUTURE: I just spent over a $1000 in rego and green slip :chainsaw2:. I'm trying to save up a little bit more money and get a sunroof!
PHOTOS:

:)

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Unless you get a factory sunroof which came with the car when it was ordered, mods to a fixed roof are a horrible idea. Sunroofs are notorious for leaking or failing and you won't have the backing or R&D of a manufacturer with a custom job.

jackl25

HSC
Unless you get a factory sunroof which came with the car when it was ordered, mods to a fixed roof are a horrible idea. Sunroofs are notorious for leaking or failing and you won't have the backing or R&D of a manufacturer with a custom job.
Yeah, admittedly, I am a little apprehensive. But my dad had one installed in his Ford Territory - Hollandia (?), they do a lot of OEM sunroof installations. Its really high quality, and I've been spoiled by the fact that my first car had one (and I literally used it rain and shine).

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, admittedly, I am a little apprehensive. But my dad had one installed in his Ford Territory - Hollandia (?), they do a lot of OEM sunroof installations. Its really high quality, and I've been spoiled by the fact that my first car had one (and I literally used it rain and shine).
Yeah it's good that you've got a reputable installer but it's definitely a caveat to have in mind. The 3 MPS is a great little car though, I remember they handle brilliantly.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
First hand experience here that even manufactured sunroofs can leak.

It came to the point that we superglued it on and do not use the sunroof anymore.

FORD = found on a rubbish dump
Not necessarily.

What about the German one's :p

But there are a few good fords available. Emphasis on "few".

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I've driven an Audi that's clocked over 500000kms.

It had less power output than a vw beetle for the amount I was pushing the accelerator.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
For the past two weeks I've been driving an X6M :) It goes pretty darn hard. Wouldn't take it off road though.

ZakkForrest

HSC
MAKE: Holden
MODEL:Commodore Ute
YEAR:1999
LIKES: The overall sound, the ability to throw anything in the tray, the fact it's a ute!
DISLIKES:The fact I drive a Commodore means I'm labeled in the same category as those fuckwits that love to snap second ALL THE TIME. Leave it to the track or empty industrial estates desmonds.
FUN FACT/OTHER/MODLIST: 2.5 Redback catback exhaust (sounds MEAN!), 5-speed manual, Cadence sound system with Sony X-Plod stereo and a hidden toolbox in the tray! PLANS FOR FUTURE:Keep for as long as possible, hopefully either supercharge or drop a 5 litre in it :D
PHOTOS:IMG_2023.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)