What Cars does everyone drive?? (2 Viewers)

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
I thought the old Astra looked excellent. Then again, it's an Opel Vectra. It should.
The new Astra though, looks like an enlarged toy car to me, especially from the rear. With that huge slab of chrome trim, and the size of the taililghts it really doesn't look refined, or even finished. [/my02]

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
nit said:
Yep, I've got a Focus LX, i.e. the mid-range model. The Focus range hasn't had any facelifts or update as yet, since it came out mid last year, so that car you test drove should have had central locking. The CL, base model, costs $20,990 plus on-roads for the manual, and extra $2000 for the automatic, so I'm assuming that that's the model you drove. The LX costs $24,990 plus on-roads for the manual.

I'll upload a pic of the locks soon.
How odd... I'll go check the brochure (if my Dad kept it somewhere) because the guy would've made an indication as to which model it was. I'm pretty sure it was the mid-range because he said it was a few K off the RRP.

transcendent said:
So you're saying the Astra and Golf look good? Because to me that couldn't be farther from the truth. I like the hatch because it's a great mix of straight conversative lines with a nicely curved rear. I love the placement of the tail lights and how big it looks. The headlights are similar to my Camry V6 ( the last Vienta looking one ) which I also love. I'm going for the Focus purely on looks and the fact that not many people agree with it as opposed to the Mazda 3 which is also a hot car but too many people want it. I would go with the Civic but I really hate the tail lights and too many fobs go for Civics.
Whenever I say the Astra looks good- I'm referring to the CDX Coupe. Pity it didn't drive as well (or as sporty) as it looked.

Focus and Mazda3 are similar for obvious reasons- but considering what Mazda managed to do with the same underpinnings, it's no surprise people would tend towards the Mazda. I wanted the SP23 at one stage but no supply led me to explore other options.

And I'm not a fob :p I think this Civic is going to become very mainstream since it's like a Corolla, but with a bit more personality to it.

[edit: the irony behind this post is that if you look at my top 5 artists from last wk in my signature; 3 of them are asian...]

Shintzu

free photo anyone?
HSC
nop haah but like the fact that it's style x performance x luxury... i like that combo... and it's within my 50ish grand budget if i get 99.6+ uai =P

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Ahaah 50ish grand budget? Wait until you get a DA price mate :p It's like the 320i was advertised at under $50k before (it was 49,990 at launch of the current model- prior to price rise); but driveaway price of an automatic was like $60+.

alexxxz

HSC
Shintzu said:
rents getting me an IS250 after my hsc...
cant wait to see the tears stream down your face when you first thwack it :rofl:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Shintzu said:
haha dat kinda hints to me that u dont treat ur cars very nicely lol :wave:
Haha... I love my Civic yet I still managed to scratch it.

And I wonder how often you'll drive your IS250 to the shops if it's your first (and new) car. Bet you'll think twice before just parking it next to 'any old car'- even with my Civic I'm reluctant to park it next to old cars, let alone cars with lots of scratches, dents, etc...

Shintzu

free photo anyone?
HSC
seremify007 said:
Haha... I love my Civic yet I still managed to scratch it.

And I wonder how often you'll drive your IS250 to the shops if it's your first (and new) car. Bet you'll think twice before just parking it next to 'any old car'- even with my Civic I'm reluctant to park it next to old cars, let alone cars with lots of scratches, dents, etc...
haah yea ill definately look for those old cars and i think ill prob get a painjob life-time warranty thing with the car since it onli costs $2k extra... less worries

EDIT: and plus i will definately cover my car after ive parked it...

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
rich bastard! :p

I was reading the NRMA Open Road this arvo....and it had the prices for the IS250's

IS250 (manual) - $53,890
IS250 Sports (manual) - $67,400
IS250 Sports Luxury (auto) - $78, 500

Anyone else think that the 78 grand model is pushing it??

Shintzu- Why not have a look at some of the Audi A4's and BMW 3 series?

7th Sign

HSC
Pace_T said:
7th_sign you make it sound like as if the 93 supra is like a super expensive car. the 93 supra is a cheap car
its typical of a forum member to show off when starting threads like this
its nothing to show off about

too bad i dont have your petty respect there 7th_sign. but i understand those who believe that paying for your own car is the only proper way to go
93 supra TT

National average price - private sale* $19,000 - $23,500

I dont think a lot of 17 and 18 year olds working casule and studying have around 20 k to buy a car unless their parents throw them some $$$ well throw them a lot of $$$

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Shintzu said:
haah yea ill definately look for those old cars and i think ill prob get a painjob life-time warranty thing with the car since it onli costs $2k extra... less worries

EDIT: and plus i will definately cover my car after ive parked it...
At the shops? LMAO... I can't even be stuffed covering my car at home nowadays- you're gonna be attracting a lot of attention if you cover it at the shops.

And I am thinking (to Mr Brightside) that the luxury model of IS is probably loaded down with a lot of features and gimmicks in an attempt to keep people from buying into BMWs and Benz. The new C class Benz is apparently going to kick ass- but I'm still hooked on the 3 series coupe.

Btw have you guys read Jeremy Clarkson's IS250 review?
Jeremy Clarkson said:
They are only for people who
are not interested in cars, people
who simply want four reliable
wheels and a seat
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-2156178,00.html

Pace_T

HSC
mr_brightside said:
rich bastard! :p

I was reading the NRMA Open Road this arvo....and it had the prices for the IS250's

IS250 (manual) - $53,890
IS250 Sports (manual) - $67,400
IS250 Sports Luxury (auto) - $78, 500

Anyone else think that the 78 grand model is pushing it??

Shintzu- Why not have a look at some of the Audi A4's and BMW 3 series?
yea it doesnt seem worth it does it

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The IS250 at $54k is alright- although I remember thinking the old IS was very overpriced at $50k for a very ordinary car.

CieL

HSC
HSC2006 *highly doubts*

I think he's on his Ls

alexxxz

HSC
Shintzu said:
haha dat kinda hints to me that u dont treat ur cars very nicely lol :wave:
your kidding right. my car is my idol, i'd take it over anything. i just think its a bit silly to spend $50+ on a first car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)